Let us all be very truthful with each other. All of us go about saying that we don’t really care about the number of social media followers we have. But deep down, the reality is that we all do. If you are a digital marketer then it is obvious you will probably know by now just because you have a high number of social media follower, your social media account is of high value. So, it will be good for your business if you increase social media followers.
Whether you like the idea or not, there are often many people that will look at your number of followers to judge your social media account and gauge your online presence and authority. Along with all these, one more plus point is that more the number of followers, more is the chance of having an influence on them that will ultimately help your business in generating more leads and conversions.
- 6 Ways to Increase Social Media Followers
- 1) Follow Relevant As Well As Legitimate Accounts
- 2) Always Make your Profile Impactful and Keep Something To Share
- 3) Be Engaged And Active
- 3) Post Data, Opinion, Trends, And News
- 4) Post Regularly As Well Appropriately
- 5) Contact Your Subscribers
- 6) Use Hashtags
- Final Words
So, by now you have known about the real deal to increase social media followers. But the question arises how?
Here in this article, we will let you know about some tips that will help you to increase social media followers with utmost ease. So, without any more ado, let us delve into those tips-
6 Ways to Increase Social Media Followers
There are thousands of posts and guides that will tell you about how to increase social media followers. Now you might think what difference is this article then?
Here we have put the points in a few simple steps that will not get you puzzled. This will help you to build real followers and also help a lot in marketing and doesn’t do any damage to the reputation of your brand.
1) Follow Relevant As Well As Legitimate Accounts
One rule that you have to always keep in mind is that no one will simply come and follow you. To get followed first, you have to be a good follower first. It is important that you find and follow those people who are relevant to your product or business.
This is the first and basic step to increase social media follower for your business. In many cases, just by this action, you will get a lot of following back. But make sure your profile is complete and has a number of relevant and valuable posts.
One more thing you can keep in mind is that following those active accounts will give you some idea about the people with whom you should interact. Always opt for audiences who are relevant to your business, otherwise just having the huge number of followers will never offer any concrete advantage to your business.
If you want to make your followers believe that you are worth following then you have to make your profile interesting. You should keep on adding substances. Every potential follower will always check out your profile first before they decide to follow you.
They will look for something that is worth following. However, here are some lists that you should have in your profile.
- Your Profile Should Be Complete : Make sure you fill each and every field that is applied to you. Whenever you go to the bio part, try to tell it as a story. Make the audiences curious about you and follow you. While in the case of Twitter, there is a very limited character for bio, so write the keywords in which you want people to find you.
- Valuable Feed : Just try to keep with the thing that your newsfeed is always filled with some recently shared relevant content always. There are many users that will tend to browse a little lower just to see if you are active or not. So, keep on updating and sharing new posts on regular basis.
3) Be Engaged And Active
This is, of course, the first tip that anyone will give in order to increase social media followers. But one thing that is really important is to build a valuable following of the people. The users of social media no longer want to check out the links.
However, if you share and comment on others post, it will show others that you are not any kind of robot and like to be present on the social media site.
Make sure you are not just sharing others post. It will be better if you add some remark which will denote why you are sharing this post and tag the main poster.
Do the same thing when you are retweeting on Twitter.
If you are active on the social threads of others then it will expose you to many new people who will be your potential follower. This will also establish you as a subject expert who is also ready to impart his or her knowledge that will ultimately help you in lead generation and conversion.
3) Post Data, Opinion, Trends, And News
One thing all the social media pages follow that whenever they post or share anything, they gain some followers always.
So, it is very crucial that you pay attention to the kind of social media post that you are sharing. If you want followers for business purpose then try to share those professional posts. The kind of posts that you share to increase social media followers include these things-
- Opinion : If you express a strong opinion against something that matters to your audiences a lot then it can be a risky thing. But the positive side about such a thing is that it will help you gain a lot of engagement, exposure as well as sharing.
- Data : One thing that people are sure to respond is when you present data in front of them. They will either believe it or challenge it. They are definitely going to share it in both ways. The plus point is that if you are the originator of the data then they are sure to follow you so that they don’t miss anything.
- Trends And News : If you have enabled yourself to be the best source of breaking news that is beneficial for your industry then people are sure to follow you to know about all the things that are going on.
4) Post Regularly As Well Appropriately
It might be difficult for you to post on regular basis as well as maintaining the quality of the post.
However, the bitter truth is that no matter how many followers you have on social media, if you stop posting then people will forget you very soon. It is important that you maintain your presence but don’t be too involved and overdo it.
There is no hard and fast rule for the frequency of posting, but make sure you post less on the sites that are controlled by an algorithm and more on those when its real time.
Over the years, you will come to know that your number of followers increases and decrease with the regularity of your posts.
In addition, it is very important for you to know the right time of posting on different social media portals. Posting at the times, when your audiences are ready to consume that content will help you increase social media followers quite easily.
5) Contact Your Subscribers
If you use your email which you are using to send the contents then make sure to include the primary link of the media in the newsletter.
Every now and then request your audience especially to follow you there.
Doing this the people who feel worthy to open your email and read it will surely follow you on your social media also.
Offering values through your emails will compel your subscribers to know more about you, and giving social media links in emails will help them follow you back on social media portals.
Most people forget to use the hashtags in the right place or where they should. But when you use them in the right place or on the networks where they are valued, they often gain new followers.
Make sure you always check when you are going with a new hashtag. Check the word you are using and you should never use something that your brand or product is not associated with.
From Twitter to Facebook to Instagram to other social media platforms, Hashtags are the most impactful means of widening the reach and targeting more number of customers. That is why it is highly prudent to use hashtags to increase social media followers for your brand.
So, these were some of the tips that can help you increase social media followers. One more thing to keep in mind is that always try to engage with your audiences.
When you engage with your audiences, they prefer to interact more and this process leads them to be your loyal customers.
Follow these tips on your social media pages and tell us how helpful these tips were for you in increasing social media followers for your business.