Regular use of SEO checkers keeps the blog and website healthy and in a good working condition.
A customer who visits your website page does not like slow loading service or dead links.
The customer can become annoyed which can harm the website ranking bringing you down in the search engine results. In order to save the customers from these troubles, regular SEO check is required which keeps the website updated and removes all bugs and issues from the web page.
What is SEO Check?
SEO check is a process of checking into the basic SEO necessities of a website. A website has a huge list of SEO factors which include on page SEO and Off Page SEO. All of those needs to be checked to confirm whether the page is upto mark as per the latest SEO standards. Example – Whether a page has alt text for images, whether it has the right mix of keyword density and H tags etc. SEO Checker tools conduct a thorough SEO check of pages and come out with a report on the improvements which need to be done.
If the website owner already has started making money, he should invest in pro tools for SEO checking. But if the business is quite small and in a young stage, there are plenty of free tools available for them too. These tools provide data for keyword rank tracker, search traffic insights and projected monthly searches.
Here in this post, we will be diving deep into the world of some of the best performing SEO checker that will keep a tight check on your SEO campaigns. So, let us have a look at those –
Top SEO Checker every SEO should know
1) Ahrefs – Backlinks Check
This checker allows the user to analyze backlinks to any domain or any separate page without any charges and registration. The various details about the backlink can be found out such as- ratings of the referred domain, anchor text, and traffic status.
The tool also provides information about the five most frequent anchors and the pages that are linked to the website that has been analyzed. Ahrefs freebie is loaded with its premium industry-leading database of 16.6 trillion links.
Some of this seo checker’s key features are-
- It is the second most active web crawler after Google that lets it offer top-rated backlink database
- You can use it to see the domain and page-level metrics for any target
- You can also opt for it to monitor the growth and decline of backlink profiles
- It will also help you get the complete breakdown of the target’s backlink profile
2) Nibbler-SEO check
This checker provides a lot of information. Although it analyses only five pages for free, it goes a good analysis of overall idea about the website’s health.
It not only checks the social media but also the H1 headings, internal links, image alt tags, and meta tags. Key features are-
- One of the best free SEO checker for testing websites
- It offers you the report of the website with a score out of 10 key SEO factors
- You can use its professional sales to compare websites, brand your reports, discover new leads, etc.
3) Varvy- SEO check
This tool is very similar to the Nibbler but the information provided is much more detailed. The report shows information such as page speed, HTML, link profiles and many more things.
You can use it to-
- Check out how accurately a page follows the Google guidelines
- It lets you find out what can make your site unique, engaging and valuable
4) SEOoptimer- SEO check
The interface report of this app is the beautiful being the best feature of this application. It provides a quick and easy way to know if the website has a problem. This tool is mainly there to investigate the factors of the on-page SEO ranking of a website. After the analysis, the tool brings out a summary about different items, after which the analysis result is finally displayed.
Some key features are-
- You just need to enter the URL address, and it will offer free site analysis
- It is one of the best SEO checker for comprehensive website audit
- It is a simple DIY SEO tool for you
5) Website Grader
The best feature of this SEO check is that it gives you points to tell how well the website is working. They also give bold comments about the site such as ‘This site is great’.
This particular tool not only offers a review about the website but also reviews of the online marketing strategies of the company. The focus areas of the tool are blogging, social media, SEO, lead generation, and mobile friendliness of the site. Awesome features that you will experience are-
- You just need to enter your site URL and you will get to know how strong your site is
- This SEO checker is powered by HubSpot
6) SEO Centro
The checker provides multiple functions but the keyword tool is the best feature availing in this application.
By clicking on the green button ‘Keywords’, the person can get a complete report about the keywords in the page and also in the anchor tags. By clicking on the ‘SEO’ button, you can see all the H tags. The application is a huge help as an on-page rank checker for SEO.
Few key idiosyncrasies are-
- It can analyze title, h1/h2/h3/h4/h5/h6 tags, description, their correct filling
- Right use of keywords and their numbers are also analyzed
- It also checks site usability, site speed, site reputation, and much more for SEO
7) Broken link checker
This application is primarily used for checking of broken or dead links. All the person needs to do is to copy the blog or the website address in the box provided in the application, then pass the security code and click the button of ‘Find broken links’.
If this website constitutes a lot of posts, the process can take little amount of time. But you need not hurry, after about 30 minutes, all the list of dead links will be provided by the application.
- Each error in the URL and source code can be checked by clicking on each error.
- The next step of removing or updating the dead links becomes easier henceforth.
- One important thing to note is that many of the dead links arise from the visitor’s comments, about which little to nothing can be done.
- These cannot harm your SEO, but the broken links in the content and articles of your website can certainly affect the on-page SEO.
8) Dotcom Tools- SEO Check
The absolute best application for checking the speed of the website- Dotcom tools mainly focuses on the speed although checking other functions as well. This is one of the best SEO checker for you here.
This checker is the only tool that can check the speed of the website from around 25 different locations around the globe in a single test.
You can use it to-
- Find out the slow/missing elements
- Get SEO analysis results from nearly 2 dozen global locations
- Analyze your site via Chrome, Firefox, IE and mobile web browsers
9) Uptime Robot
The first thing that is required is to add the websites and register the email address. The application then stays in connection with your website, and whenever the site is down, and email will be sent by the application to the email id provided earlier.
- They also send an email after your site is in normal state online.
- This is a very useful tool to check the web host performance.
- If you start getting a lot of warnings you can know that the web host should be changed.
10) StatusCake-TTFB checker
There are numerous tools listen in Statuscheck and they also provide free trails of the services. This free application can help to measure and track the website’s TTFB which is Time to First Byte.
- TTFB measures the duration of the user or the client making and HTTP request to the first byte by the page which is received from the client’s browser.
- A good performance is usually considered to be of within half a second but this short duration is difficult to achieve on the shared networks.
- About 0.7 seconds is also considered optimum.
11) Google Page Speed Insights
The tool is useful in checking the usability and the speed of a website on different devices. The usage is quite easy where you need to put in the URL of the website and the tool will come up with various results such as the loading time. It also offers options through which you can improve the results.
- It analyzes the content of a site or web page
- It will offer you some of the best suggestions to make the page faster
This is a freemium instant website reviewer tool. In the free version, the users can have a limited number of reviews. But the tool also offer a free trial option for 7 days after which you can choose your package for unlimited reviews.
WooRank is one of the best SEO checker because of its ability to offer SEO analysis that improves your site traffic, leads, conversions and usability
- It will help you track and connect your marketing data
- It also offers competitive analysis, plus you can also use it to get best-suited Marketing Checklist
- It is also one of the best keyword tools that also helps in Site Crawl Analysis
13) SEO Site CheckUp
This is an SEO analyzer that is absolutely free to use. The tool checks the sites making use of 6 categories and 45 checks. After the check, a summary is generated in numerical scores.
- You can use it for User-friendly analysis and monitoring of your site’s SEO
- Opt for this one to Instantly analyze your SEO issues and do professional monitoring
- It will let you understand the SEO profile of your competitors
14) Site Auditor
Raven Tools have come up with Site Auditor that provides a summary report about the site. It offers a free trial of 30 days after which the tool can be bought at $99 for a month.
- You can use it to diagnose website issues and improve visibility to your site
- It will also help you fix all your site issues, plus you can use it compare your Site Crawl and Track Audit Progress
15) SEO Workers
This particular tool has been there since quite some time and is well known for its usefulness. The tool is known to offer an analysis report on a number of areas such as-
- HTTP Headers check, Head elements, the most page relevant key phrases or keywords
- The page that is shown in the search engine result, URLs in the page
- The keywords in the anchor tags, the keywords on the image attributes, and heading and phrase elements
Though this particular is not as famous as many other above-mentioned tools, this can be used for its various important usages. The basic function of the tool is to generate the SEO report for the website, similar to many other tools mentioned in this list. As one of the best SEO checker, this one offers-
- Free website analysis
- Free keyword suggestions
- Free SEO analytics
- Free backlink checker
17) UpCity Free SEO Report Card
A report card for the SEO of the website is presented with the use of this free tool or so-called website grader. The tool functions of as many as 18 practices under about 6 categories. The six categories on which the tool works are-
- Rank analysis
- Link building
- On-site analysis
- Website accessibility
- Trust metrics
- Current indexing
There are so many tools available today that can be highly useful in making SEO analysis about your website quite easy. On basis of this analysis, proper corrective measure can be taken to proceed with further improvements in the site.
A quick check and proper care of the website should be done every now and then to keep the website updated and in fine working condition without any broken links or speed issues.
A weekly check is very good for the proper functioning of the website to help in improving the overall condition. The free sources listed, help in maintaining proper functioning of the website without any registration required or any extra charges.
Many pro tools are also available which charge money for the services provided by them. These are usually used to websites which are flourishing every day earning money to get pro tools checker for better results. But for writers, bloggers, and small websites these free tools are more than enough.
Having any doubts about the SEO Checker mentioned here? What are your favorite SEO tools? Share with us in the comments.
Alternatively, check out the Marketing91 Academy, which provides you access to 10+ marketing courses and 100s of Case studies.