The SWOT analysis of Big Bazaar discusses the strength, weaknesses, opportunities and threats for one of the major retailers of India – Big bazaar.
Strengths in the SWOT analysis of Big Bazaar
- High brand equity enjoyed by Big Bazaar
- State of the art infrastructure
- A vast variety of stuff available under one roof
- Everyday low prices, which attract customers
- Maximum percent of footfalls converted in sales
- Huge investment capacity
- Biggest value retail chain in India
- It offers a family shopping experience, where entire family can visit together.
- Available facilities such as online booking and delivery of goods
Weaknesses in the SWOT analysis of Big Bazaar
- Unable to meet store opening targets on time
- Falling revenue per sq ft
- General perception: ‘Low price = Low quality’
- Overcrowded during offers
- Long lines at billing counters which are time consuming
- Limited only to value offering low price products. A no of branded products are still missing from Big Bazaar’s line of products. E.g. Jockey, Van heusen,
Opportunities in the SWOT analysis of Big Bazaar
- A lot of scope in Indian organized retail as it stands at approximately 4%.
- Increasing mall culture in India.
- More people these days prefer to visit big stores where they can find large variety under one roof
Threats in the SWOT analysis of Big Bazaar
- Competition from other value retail chains such as Shoprite, Reliance (Fresh and trends), Hypercity and D mart.
- Unorganized retail also appears to be a threat to Big Bazaar’s business. A large population still prefers to visit local convenient stores for daily purchases
- Changing Government policies
- International players looking to foray India
Liked this post? Check out the complete series on SWOT