You must have often heard this term. So, to make it easier for you to understand the meaning of a sales kit, I would first like to begin with a very simple example. You must have seen golf players head to the golf course with a kit over their shoulders.
Similar is the case with a child who goes to school and carries a school bag. Well, this kit and bag respectively contain all that is needed by the particular person for his work. This is also the scene when we refer to a sales kit.
It is a kit which has all necessary details about the company, the product that needs to be sold as well as any other promotional material that will help the salesperson in meeting his target. The idea here is to aid the salesperson in his work, increase sales of the company and make the salesperson aware of the answers to any potential questions that he may be asked.
What should be the content of a sales kit?
1) Introductions/voicemail scripts
This refers to the introductory part. Each time you join a company, there is a lot that you need to learn. It is not the year when it was established or how long it has been in service. Other than this too, there is quite a bulk which is essential for you to know regarding the company, its products, and services.
When you are in the sales department, you will realize and understand that people can have any question under the sun. The more people you interact with, the more queries you are faced with.
Thus, it is very important that you have all necessary data at the back of your hands. You must be aware of what you are working for. This will not only help you to work better but will also give you added motivation to serve the company and meet your set targets.
2) Templates for e-mail correspondence
You must be aware that everything in this world at the present is aiming to go online. The dependence on technology has advanced to such an extent that artificial intelligence to has now come into the picture. In such a state, it is obvious that you too need to make your presence be felt on the digital platform. E-mails are one of the best ways or marketing.
This is so because you get to establish direct contact with people. As a salesperson, you must be able to use this tool effectively. Your responsibility also includes sending emails a getting customer. It is necessary for you to know how to send these emails, what must be included in it, how to interact with clients and eventually seal the deal.
3) Qualifying questions
This refers to a set of very important questions that help you to know if you are actually fit for the job that you have signed up for.
4) Common customer objections
There is a particular set of questions that almost all customers have with regard to a product. These may be questions such as why should this particular item be purchased and what are its benefits over others to name a few. In such a condition, you must not be caught off guard where you are unable to answer.
If you fail to satisfy the customers, they will obviously not buy your product. Thus, you need this to know the probable questions and ways to tackle them.
5) Objection responses
This refers to the way in which you are supposed to respond to questions. You see, this is a field where people may also end up asking you some very obvious questions. But, that does not mean that you lose your cool. You are expected to be patient and respond to all questions with equal attention and detail.
Thus, this helps you to learn the way you are supposed to respond and the points that your answers much include. However, please note that there may also be questions regarding which there is no mention here. In such a scenario, you will have to rely on only your abilities and convincing skills.
6) Sample closes
Lastly, you must know what has been done earlier in the company. This means that you need to do case studies or references. The past is a great place to learn from.
Thus, these samples help you to know how cases have been solved in the past and how the target has been achieved. In simple words, these may or may not be real instances but surely help you to know how to deal with similar situations and how to meet the needs of yours, the company and also the clients.
Advantages of a good sales kit
- It ensures consistency in efforts because you also have ready reference material and this is bound to help you lighten the load and keep a light mood which is very important in this job.
- You are able to tackle customers well since you know the company, product as well as the questions and answers.
- You know the target that you need to meet on a daily basis or monthly basis, depending on your company.
- It helps you save a lot of time. This is because you have ready information at your fingertips and you do not need to waste time collecting data or knowledge.
- Last but not the least, it helps you to use all resources to their fullest and plan properly and efficiently for the present deal and all future deals as well.
- It can be a great factor in improving the image of your company in the market.
- With increased sales, your profit will also go up. This means that you can then diversify into other fields as well other than your present one.
- Your brand value increases a lot.
- Your customers are more satisfied because your salespeople are able to help them better and answer their queries.