These can take place between the seller and potential buyers and can also be conducted for the sales team of a company or the teams of different companies of the same industry to talk about the issues of the industry.
In sales conferences, newly launched products and their feature and qualities are discussed and in the sales conferences within the organization are conducted to tell salesperson about the features of the products and to teach them different strategies to sell that product. Sales conferences are an essential event of a big organization.
For example, the sales conferences of Google and iPhone launch are one of the most significant events of the tech world every year. In these conferences, they not only talk about the features of the phones launched but also give a live demonstration of their features.
You must be aware of sales conferences in presentation format, but these are not only in the form of presentation they can be online interaction, a conversation over dinner, or a phone call.
The purpose of organizing is to sell products, establish relationships with the customers, and make them aware of the benefits of the products.
Why conduct a sales conference?
A sales conference is a huge event, and it cost a lot to an organization to host it. A sales conference when it is conducted among the members of an organization is also referred to as sales meeting.
Here, you will learn about the objectives of conducting sales conference both internally and externally one by one.
Purpose of Sales conference
Nowadays, a sales conference is also considered as one of the marketing strategies to boost the sales of the newly launched product. Take the example of an iPhone launch. If you are an Apple’ products fan, then you must also be waiting for the launch conference of Apple’s iPhone launch.
The way the features are displayed in the sales conference make people buy the phone. In addition to this, there are several purposes for hosting a sales conference. Let us learn about the purpose of a conduct sales conference.
#1 A publicity strategy:
Hosting a sales conference at the grand level can bring a lot of publicity and hence recognition for your product. Companies opt for various marketing strategies. Out of those strategies, holding a sales conference is one.
However, it is essential to prepare well before holding it and the person who is going to host the conference should be well aware of the features and benefits of the product in detail and should be able to handle the queries made by the audience.
Otherwise, it can put a negative impact on the image of the product before it even enters the market.
A sales conference provide an opportunity for the salespersons from different geographical locations to get together and to share ideas and knowledge about the product with each other.
The relationship grows stronger among the employees of one organization, and they can rely on one another to handle the difficult situation they face in business, and they can also share sales techniques and answer the questions of each other among themselves.
#3 Give recognition to deserving employees:
It has been believed that salesperson gets motivated by the commission and bonus they get on the sales made by them. It is true, however, not entirely.
People like recognition for the efforts and hard work they put into doing their work. You can use the platform of a sales conference to recognize the efforts of shine stars of the organization and also to other employees of the organization to do the same.
It motivates the sales team and also provides them one more reason to achieve their targets. Therefore, you can use this platform too to boost your sales.
#4 Educate your sales team and loyal customers about the newly launched product:
When you introduce a new product, it is essential for you to provide training to your sales team so that they can learn about features of the products that they are going to sell in the future and your loyal customers are those customers who eagerly wait for your new product launch and are the first one to take risk with their money to buy your newly launched product.
It becomes your responsibility to tell them and your sales team to first about your newly launched your product.
#5 To talk about the new trends in the market:
One important thing is to look for every organization is the new trends such as latest technology, new competition, potential customers, and latest products in the market and to share that information with the sales team of your organization.
Teach about the company’s approach to deal with these changes so that all the employees of your company can be on the same page and gear their efforts in such a way.
Here is one thing that one to tell you is that not all the purposes can be fulfilled at one time when you are organizing a sales conference.
For example, you cannot discuss business strategies when you are holding a public sales conference. Therefore, get straighten your goals of holding a sales conference.
Advantages of Conducting Sales conferences
- Customers can get to know about everything under the roof about the company and its products.
- Customers can get products at competitive prices as every company wants to make their place in the market.
- Sales conference provides an opportunity for the sales teams from different geographical areas of the company. They can share their techniques and methods of making sales with one another and people of one company come closer, which is a good thing for the company.
- These are the best opportunities to launch new products or to launch the updated existing products. By doing this, you can share information about the features of the products with your sales team and can also use this as a marketing strategy for the publicity of your products.
- Apart from new products, the platform for public sales conferences can be used to launch a new company.
Disadvantages of conducting Sales conferences
- First and foremost disadvantage of sales conference is that it is an expensive affair. A company has to spend a lot to conduct it, which does not have any direct return on investment.
- Competitors can learn about your business strategies and can form their strategies accordingly to competition to the company, which can put a negative impact on the revenue generation of the company.
- Sales conferences are hectic events to be organized and managed as it becomes difficult to manage and entertain a large number of audiences, especially in public sales conferences.
- As sales conferences are an important and big event, it puts an extra burden on the employees of the company as they have to work extra to make the event happen. This can discourage some employees.