Definition of a Cult Brand
A Cult Brand offers the specific range of products or services that enjoys the loyal and committed set of customers. Accomplishing of such true believers of the brand and the brand fanatics is made possible as the Cult Brand sell more than the products or a service; they sell a lifestyle experience.
Anatomy of a Cult Brand :
- The loyal customers of the Cult Brand share a deep bond and connection of love, affinity, and affection towards the brand that makes them feel happy and extremely satisfied and proud whilst using the products of the brand.
- It is a unique art of curating experiences that result in the feeling of belongingness after using the products of the Cult Brand and customers get a sense of feeling that they have finally arrived at a certain peak or level in their life.
- The loyal customers of the brand endorse its offerings to its family, friends, and the social circuit earning plenty of referrals to the brand. The loyal base of customers tend to form a community who only prefers and buy the products from the Cult Brand and this trend has been very common nowadays amongst the youth generation.
- The profits and sales targets of the Cult Brand gets multiplied in manifolds owing to the community of loyal customers plus the referrals earned due to the word of mouth publicity.
- As mentioned earlier, the Cult Brand not just sell the products but they make the customer shopping experience a wonderful through the simple acts of kindness such as showcasing hospitality, solving the problems then and there, loyalty programs, and more helping the brand build long-term relations and a strong bond with the customers.
- The Cult Brand wins the love and trust of the customers in the most magnificent manner along with ruling their hearts and minds.
- Cult Brand has a superior understanding of the customer’s psychology and what motivates and drives the customers to indulge in the purchase of the unique offerings of their products.
- The brand attains the cult status when there is a perfect amalgamation of deep insights on the customer’s lifestyle experiences, innate taste, and preferences along with the human touch and characteristics of the brand.
- The loyal customers of the Cult Brand feel the sense of ownership towards the brand and its offerings and are able to highly related with the core values and fundamentals of the brand.
- The main objective of the brand that has or needs to attain the cult status in the market and in the minds of the customers is to develop the unique connection with the customers by offering the products that give them a sense of pride whilst using it.
- The customers take a lot of interest in the developments of the brand in the market and industry as a whole like what are its latest offerings, brand’s popularity, and the success that it has been receiving from all the quarters.
- The customers of the Cult Brand showcase the love and madness for the brand by not only being loyal to its offerings but also endorsing its products to their family and friends in a positive light getting the brand additional purchases.
- Using the products of the Cult Brand becomes an integral part of the customer’s lifestyle and identity.
- There is a cultural shift in the minds of the customers as they differentiate themselves from their contemporaries, peers, and other people in their social circuit who don’t use the products of the Cult Brand.
Examples of a Cult Brand :
Since the year of 1994, Amazon has been one of the most famous e-retailer brands in the market and gradually attained the status of a Cult Brand in the online fraternity and in the minds of the customers located all across the globe. It is a one-stop shop of all the products right from the fashion apparels, accessories, shoes, kitchenware, home furnishes, jewelry, home decor items such as wallpapers, upholstery, furniture, to the other fancy and essential items.
The brand enjoys millions of loyal customers from all over the globe owing to the traits and business objectives of taking feedbacks and reviews from the customers about their product quality and customer service levels, quick delivery of the items ordered, and the brand regularly let its customers know that they are valued by offering various freebies and other customer loyalty discounts. The logo has an arrow sign starting from the brand’s first alphabet A to the fourth alphabet Z signifying that A to Z list of shopping items are available at their online store.
2) Ben & Jerry’s
The famous ice cream brand was incepted around 30 years ago by two guys having a simple ice cream station in Burlington, Vermont and with the passing time the brand has not only multiplied its profits, achieved success by having multiple retail outlets in various countries but has also attained the cult status. The ice creams have a rich and creamy texture offering fun and chunky flavors such as fruits, nuts, candies, cookies, and more that has been an instant hit earning the brand loyal customer base. The brand sells its products in various local grocery stores, retail shops, supermarkets, and has dedicated ice cream parlors as well.
The Spanish fashion apparel brand was founded in the year of 1974 and enjoys the loyal customer base and following in the countries such as the UK, UAE, USA, India, and Europe amongst others. The brand offers fashion apparels for men, women, and children along with home interior and furnishing items along with perfumes, shoes, bags, and a line of accessories specifically catering to the target audience in the age bracket of 18 to 40 years. The design elements of the brand’s products are modern and contemporary in nature having a stylish vibe that has made the brand attain the cult status.
As mentioned earlier, a Cult Brand just doesn’t sell the products but it sells the lifestyle and a unique experience to its customers that make it carve a unique and distinguished identity in the market.