The Brand Representative is a person hired by the company to help to increase brand awareness and value by representing the brand and its products and services to the target audience. It is the prime duty of the Brand Representative to showcase the company and its offerings in the positive light and a specific manner in the market.
Who can be a Brand Representative?
Usually, there is no such educational qualification required for this role but it is a known fact and the thumb rule of marketing that the person who is quite famous and holds a celebrity status is hired as the Brand Representative by the company.
The person can be a sports personality, movie actor, philanthropist, or any socialite or a celebrity from any walk of life but the pre-condition is that his or her image should match the nature of brand for which he or she is getting hired for the said role.
With the onset and the revolution brought by the social media and digital marketing, it is vital for the person hired as the Brand Representative to be quite active on the various social media handles such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and others having a huge fan base and loyal followers as promoting the products and services on the social media and various digital platforms comes at the top priority of the branding and marketing strategy.
Many a time, a Brand Representative is hired to manage and take care of the online reputation of the brand especially in the cases of the companies that are into online shopping.
Skills required for Brand Representative
- The hired person should be able to identify, incorporate, follow, and impart the brand values, strengths, and the unique selling propositions of the brand in the positive and fruitful manner to the target audience and the market as a whole.
- The person should have the qualities of an orator along with having great communication skills as the job duties involve interacting with the crowd at the noisy events such as product launches, trade shows, exhibitions, and other such related occasions.
- He or she should have a cheerful nature so that the audience is able to have an instant connection and plus his or her vibrant mood should light up the event making it successful.
- Being physically fit and mentally alert is one of the crucial skill that the person hired should possess as the work duties involves a lot of travelling on the domestic and international level plus there is a constant and continual interaction with the company promoters to understand the brand and its varied offerings as well as with the target audience.
- It is quite important for the person to stay updated with the latest happenings of the company for which he or she is hired and the recent brand developments.
Role of a Brand Representative
1) Build a specific and required image
The main duty and responsibility of the person hired are to showcase the brand, the overall company, and its offerings of products and services in a positive manner building up the targeted image in the minds of the customers, market, and the industry.
2) Promote products and services
The role also requires promoting the products and services of the firm to the market, his or friends, relatives, and the fans and followers on social media handles. If the person is promoting and representing an apparel brand, he or she needs to wear the outfits and post pictures and videos on the social media and wear the brand clothes at the events and parties organized by the brand.
3) Generate Sales Opportunities
The prime objective of any brand strategy is to generate sales opportunities and elevate the profits of the firm. And same applies to the roles and responsibilities of the Brand Representative as by harping on his or her legacy and fame, there is an increased brand reach thereby giving an impetus to more sales and profits.
4) Have an emotional connection
It is a known fact in the stream of marketing and branding that, ‘People trust people and buy from people.’ Hence, the person needs to create an emotional connection with the target audience so that they are able to believe in the brand due to his or her association resulting in the higher amount of brand value, awareness, sales, and profits.
5) Acting and Modeling
It is required from the hired person to shoot for the television and print advertisements commercials of the brand promoting its products and services. As he or she is the face of the brand, his or her picture will be displayed on each and every marketing collateral and promotional material such as hoardings, signages, and standees amongst others.
6) Participation in promotional activities
The hired person needs to mark his or her presence at the various social gatherings and events such as product launch and success party organized by the company. Also, he or she needs to attend various trade shows and exhibitions on the national and international level representing the brand and promoting its offerings.
7) Answer queries
The person needs to have a thorough knowledge about the brand, overall company, products, services along with the latest brand developments as there can be a couple of queries raised by his or her fans and followers on the social media accounts or during the various events and exhibitions and he or she needs to interact and solve the same in a seamless and effortless manner.
8) Raise awareness
It is the responsibility of the hired person to raise awareness about the brand and its offerings in the developed as well as untapped markets to make the brand well-known and famous.
Remuneration of the Brand Representative
There no fixed remuneration for this position in the market as it depends on the status and fame of the person who is hired as the Brand Representative. The more famous and celebrated the person is, higher will be the remuneration. But in case of an NGO or for a social cause, the position is carried out by the famous personalities by charging less or no amount at all.