Renault is not a name in the automobile industry that needs any kind of introduction. Built under the parent company of Renault SA, this car brand has garnered an immense amount of popularity over the years and all for the right reasons. This is the brand of the car that needs no added clarifications. Not just that, it doesn’t specialize in one sector of the car.
There is a wide range of cars, all in sedans, hatchback and even SUV. Known for their style, design, and durability, this brand of car is immaculate in its own. Their tagline, “Drive the change” sure does stand out amidst the crowd because of the wide of cars along with the updated technological advancements. All in all, this brand of automobile pretty much outsmarts all the popular brands in the lot.
Table of Contents
Strengths in The SWOT analysis of Renault
The strengths in any brand account for the positive aspects that make the brand what it is today. This specific automobile brand, Renault has its own list of strengths that make it stand out from the lot. Some of the same have been vividly mentioned in a small list below.
- Customer base – one of the best things that make this brand one of the most popular ones is because of the wide customer base that it has. The same doesn’t just limit to the number of customers it has but the total number of loyal customer that the brand has accumulated over the years. This is what has sustained this automobile brand in the European market for this long.
- International market – yet another factor that sets for the strength is the amount of international presence that this brand has. It is not just confined to a single part of Europe but is widespread across several of the countries all across the globe. The international market sets this brand’s standards high up in the list.
- Variety of options – the brand focuses on manufacturing cars for every precinct of the society, from the working class people to the rich ones. It designs and manufactures cars varying from mini to SUVs as well. This range of cars in the company is what makes it stand out in the market.
- Widespread – Renault is available across 110 countries all across the globe with a total workforce of over 125,000 workforces. This availability makes it one of the best in the market of automobiles.
- Collaborations – it has ties with well-known brands like that of Mahindra, Nissan Motors and the list goes on. This facilitates better brand name and even better promises when it comes to the brand and the cars it manufactures.
- Affordable prices – Renault is known in the market for the prices that it releases its cars for. Not just a variety of the market but the prices sure does stand out in comparison to the other ones. The rates are very affordable and cheap in comparison to the other brand of automobiles. There are not just varieties but the cars are stylish and “in style” in the market as well.
Weaknesses in The SWOT analysis of Renault
Weaknesses of a brand counter for the downsides and the hurdles that a brand faces along the way. Some of the same for Renault include:
- Lack penetration in Asian market – while this automobile brand is pronounced in Europe and the countries encircling it, it lacks in creating its dominance in the Asian markets. This sure does prove out to be a downside for the brand.
- Recall of cars – this is a fact that has inflicted bad image for the brand on a couple of occasions. This is exactly what gives this brand a bad name altogether.
Opportunities in The SWOT analysis of Renault
The opportunities account for the future that the brand can indulge in to enhance their capabilities and expand their brand name.
- Salient investment – with the evolving technology, investing in hybrid and future cars seems like a good option for expanding the horizons and the name of the brand.
- Strong partnerships – Renault has already collaborated with some of the biggest car manufacturers and continuing the same in the future is surely going to have the heavy impact in brand’s name and presence in the market.
- Enhancement in the market – another thing that would play out in favor of the brand is with the growing distribution of the cars and the bettering of the servicing in the market.
Threats in The SWOT analysis of Renault
Threats account for the factors that might hinder the growth of the brand in the market. Some of the possible threats for Renault include:
- Competition – there are an immaculate number of automobile brands in the market. This is something that sure does pose a threat for the brand in the long run. Not just the same, but the better market penetration with the national car manufacturers sure does hold down the brand from gaining the kind of exposure that it should get in the market.
Liked this post? Check out the complete series on SWOT