Hewlett-Packard is an American multinational corporation that deals exclusively in information technology. Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard founded the company in the year 1939 and the headquarters are located in California in USA. Hewlett-Packard has become the largest manufacturers of PC in the world and it supplies its products to individuals and business enterprises. Some of its competitors are as follows
Product in the Marketing mix of Hewlett Packard
- Hewlett Packard provides outsourcing of business process, infrastructure technology, maintenance and support of technology, support and development of applications, networking resources and products, integration services and consulting services, soft wares, hardware, services and products related to printing and imaging.
- Hewlett-Packard is known for its excellent printers and scanners as well as for its digital cameras, laptops, desktops and other IT products. The products are known to be reliable and hence the brand has a good customer base.
- In the year 2007, Hewlett-Packard launched “Touch Smart PC” with a display of touch screen and later it introduced a PC that was a consumer tablet with touch screen facilities. In the year 2008, Hewlett Packard brought in to the market a mini-notebook called “HP2133Mini-Note PC”. This was designed especially for the education sector.
- The company also produces ‘ProLiant’ that is an affordable tower server for small size to medium size work groups.
- “IPaq Glisten Smartphones” is one of Hewlett Packard’s high profile products that have many features like the ability to send emails, texts, photos and managing contact list.
- “Linksys WRT54G2 Wireless-G router” is a home-networking product that enables internet connections with high-speed.
- Service packages including AMC’s are available for interested customers by the company.
- The products include printers, digital cameras, scanners and calculators.
Price in the Marketing mix of Hewlett Packard
The pricing policy of Hewlett Packard is fair pricing as well as competitive pricing. The company takes into account all the relevant factors related to costing, distribution, promotion, prices of adversaries and then decides on a suitable selling price.
Hewlett Packard has been designing products that have features according to the tastes and desires of the consumers. It first undertakes a thorough market research and estimates the amount that a consumer is willing to pay for the commodity. Then it makes that product in that price frame to suit its personal needs as well as the needs of the customers.
Hewlett Packard had launched an innovative utility pricing scheme called first-in-pay-per-use. In this scheme, the company offered the customers to pay for only the time they have utilized the services. However, over the long term this pricing strategy was shelved due to the tough competition in the IT segment.
Place in the Marketing mix of Hewlett Packard
It has an online distribution method where the orders are placed either in the official website or in other shopping websites. The official website of Hewlett Packard offers service such as partner locator that is sorted by small business and large business and the products needed.
The company has hired retailers and technology vendors for supply of their products. Hewlett Packard has its own exclusive outlets where it provides various products and services also. Trained and well-mannered individuals are hired that deal with the customers directly and efficiently.
Hewlett Packard has many subsidiaries that are located in Geneva, Ontario, Singapore, Miami, Tokyo, Victoria, Houston and Rivonia. Hewlett Packard operates a global program for the system integrators, developers, software vendors that is called “Developer and Solution Partner Program” (DSPP). The company has a direct link with its partners that include suppliers, logistic service providers and manufacturers so that the network continues to run smoothly.
Promotions in the Marketing mix of Hewlett Packard
Hewlett Packard has launched an initiative “One Voice” to promote its brand name and image along with its various consumer electronics products and hardware products. The company has taken the help of vehicles to flaunt and display its numerous products and services that comprises the inclusion of a website, arranged by business application.
Employees are encouraged to engage in topics such as servers, networking and storage. A “Trade- in Program” is active where the consumer can make a trade of old product with new product in lieu of discounts.
As promotional activities, some services within a period are provided free. Periodic discounts on many products are announced as part of the company’s strategy.Hewlett Packard has formed many tie-ups and sponsorship deals with various companies.
It has sponsored the shirts of “Premier League Club”and also sponsored “BMW Williams Formula 1” team and later “RenaultF1”. It has also acquired the naming rights for the HP Pavilion at the place San Jose.