Lenskart.com is a private company of Indian origin. It was founded in the year 2010 by its co-founders Sumeet Kapahi, Amit Chaudhary and Peyush Bansal. It is associated with e-commerce and accessories industry and deals in supplying eyewear. In March 2016 it was reported by NDTV that two lakh visitor’s visit Lenskart.com every day and it ships nearly 800-900 glasses on a daily basis. Some of its competitors are as follows-
- Lens Bazaar
- GKB Opticals
- Type: Multinational optical prescription eyewear retail chain in an India
- Industry: Retail
- Founded: 2010
- Founders: Peyush Bansal, Amit Chaudhary, Sumeet Kapahi
- Headquarters: Lenskart HQ, Gurugram, Haryana, India
- Area served: India and Southeast Asia
- Current CEO: Peyush Bansal
- Number of employees: 6,000+
- Major products: Prescription eyeglasses, sunglasses, contact lenses, and eye care products.
Table of Contents
Product in the Marketing Mix Of Lenskart.Com :
Lenskart.com is the only eyewear brand in India that uses the robotic technique for delivering glasses accurate up to three decimal places. It has imported special machines from Germany to ensure perfection by using an automated system for inspecting and loading lenses and determining its geometric centre. It offers nearly five thousand products for kids, men and women and its portfolio includes-
- Eyeglasses in brands like Vogue, Carrera, Fossil, Ray-Ban, Vincent Chase and Tag Huer. These are available in styles like half-rim, full-rim and bifocal and shapes like aviator, rounder and rectangle
- Sunglasses are available in the latest collection including nightwear, retro, polarised, power, premium and sports and in brands like Fastrack, Ray-Ban, Vincent Chase, IDEE, Tom Ford, Oakley and Mask.
- Premium Glasses offers superior performance because they are made with help of TR-90 materials that are ultra light and corrosion free
- Contact lenses of different brands with several lens types like daily disposable, monthly disposable and yearly disposable
- Power Glasses in different shapes and size like aviator, rounder’s, oval and wayfarer
- Accessories like lens cleaner spray solution, contact lens cases, screwdriver, cleaning wipes, eyewear cases and eyewear stand
Places in the Marketing Mix Of Lenskart.Com :
Lenskart.com has a Pan-India presence with its headquarters base at New Delhi. It has adopted a hybrid business model for its company that includes selling of its products via retail stores and online stores. First franchise outlet of Lenskart.com was opened in the year 2014 at Chandigarh and since then it has opened nearly two hundred and fifty stores in cities, towns and metros like Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Shimoga, Rourkela, Patna, Bangalore and Chandigarh. It has a manufacturing facility at Okhla in Delhi and another at Greater Noida. Lenskart.com has opened its official website to display and market its products to its customers with help of a single click of the mouse. It has a strong distribution channel that includes a workforce of nearly one thousand capable and trained employees to offer best possible services.
Prices in the Marketing Mix Of Lenskart.Com :
Lenskart.com has grown at an astounding rate of 150% in just one year and its gross merchandise value is estimated at rupees 300 crores. It wanted to reach as many customers as possible by offering them products at affordable rates. Hence Lenskart.com set up the direct supply chain to cut production costs. It believes in customer satisfaction by offering innovative technologies and stylish and trendy products. Hence Lenskart.com offers products in three price segments luxury, value and premium to meet demands of every section of society. It has adopted value-based pricing policy and offers best possible products at reasonable rates.
Promotions in the Marketing Mix Of Lenskart.Com :
Lenskart.com is a contemporary company with a modern outlook and a new perspective. It has adopted several product-related schemes as promotional plans. In December 2013, it introduced a new concept for its customers by offering a check-up program from either home or office to save time.
A client has to book in advance for an appointment and company Optometrist will make a visit carrying at least one hundred frames for trial. The customer can also make a choice of five frames from its website and the company will send someone for free trial.
Lenskart.com offers several incentives to its customers like the first frame is offered free of cost and a client has to pay the price of glasses or lenses. Other promotional schemes include PAYTM voucher and purchasing two premium glasses at rupees 2500 only. Lenskart.com has launched e-mail campaigns via online mediums. Its ads are also shown in television, newspapers, magazines and billboards.
This ad by Lenskart which was shown on Televisions was a fantastic campaign and loved by everyone.
Liked this post? Check out the complete series on Marketing Mix