The Marketing mix of Fogg Deodorant analyses the 4Ps of Fogg Deodorant, including the Product, Price, Place, and Promotions. Fogg Deodorant is a subsidiary product of its parent company, Vini Group of Companies. It is associated with the FMCG industry as it deals in deodorants. Fogg Deodorant is an Indian-origin product; presently, Fogg deo occupies the top position in the deodorant market. It was launched in India in 2011, a new concept of no gas.
Fogg Deodorant was the brainchild of Darshan Patel, the founder of Vini Cosmetics, who realized that there was an untapped market for deodorants in India. It wanted to penetrate the current market and, hence, targeted youth who mostly favor the use of deodorants. Fogg Deodorant faces competition from the following deodorant brands-
- 18+ Deodorant
- Set Wet
- Manhunt Deodorant
- Fuel Deodorant
- Axe deodorant
- Park Avenue
- Wild Stone
About Fogg Deodorant
- Type: Personal care product
- Industry: Consumer goods
- Founded: 2011
- Founders: Vini Cosmetics
- Headquarters: Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
- Area served: India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, and the Middle East
- Current CEO: Dharmesh Shah
- Number of employees: 1,000+
- Major products: Deodorants, perfumes, and body sprays
Table of Contents
Fogg Deodorant Product Strategy
The main USP of Fogg Deodorant is that it lasts longer than other brands in the consumer market. The brand has offered several variants of deodorants to its customers, and they are available for both men and women.
The brand guarantees at least eight hundred sprays per single bottle, a considerable achievement. When the deodorant market was flooded with competing brands of similar products, the parent company developed a unique and never-heard-of, liquid-based product instead of typical gas-based. Its products promise quality assurance as they undergo dermatological testing; hence, consumers are assured of no side effects.
Fogg Deodorant, a popular personal care and fragrance brand, offers a varied product mix designed to cater to different consumer preferences and needs.
The new Product Mix of Fogg Deodorant in 2023 is as follows (Source).
- Fragrance Varieties: Fogg Deodorants are available in a wide range of fragrances, catering to both men and women. These fragrances range from fresh and light scents to more intense, long-lasting aromas designed to suit different personal preferences and occasions.
- Long-Lasting Deodorants: A key feature of Fogg’s product lineup is the emphasis on long-lasting deodorants. They are marketed with a promise of a specific number of sprays, highlighting their longevity and value for money.
- Body Sprays and Roll-Ons: Fogg also offers body sprays and roll-on deodorants in addition to aerosol deodorants. These alternatives cater to customers who prefer non-aerosol formats or require more portable options.
- No Gas Formulation: Many of Fogg’s deodorants are advertised as ‘no gas’ formulations, meaning they contain more liquid and less aerosol, purportedly leading to more effective and longer-lasting fragrance coverage.
- Special Editions and Gift Packs: Fogg occasionally releases unique edition scents or gift packs, especially around holidays or significant events. These special editions often feature unique fragrances or packaging and target consumers seeking limited-edition products or gift options.
- Unisex Options: Some of Fogg’s offerings are designed to be unisex, appealing to a broader audience who prefer a fragrance that isn’t specifically marketed as masculine or feminine.
Fogg Deodorant Place Strategy
Fogg Deodorant has a Pan-India presence, and its products are readily available at every nook and corner of India. Its headquarters is in Ahmedabad, Gu, Jarat.
Fogg Deodorant has a strong and widespread network for distributing its products quickly and fast in the consumer market. It takes the help of its parent company, which already has a robust distribution channel. As the brand offers an FMCG product, it does not need an exclusive outlet for selling purposes. Its distribution network includes services of manufacturers, C&F agents, distributors, and retailers. Products are readily available at corner shops, grocery stores, malls, hypermarkets, and supermarkets. Fogg Deodorant was launched via an online platform at its onset. It is now available via e-portals and online stores.
Here’s the place strategy of Fogg Deodorant.
- Wide Retail Distribution: Fogg Deodorant ensures extensive availability by distributing its products across various retail channels. This includes supermarkets, department stores, pharmacies, and convenience stores, ensuring customers can easily find and purchase their products in urban and rural areas.
- Online Presence: Recognizing the growing e-commerce trend, Fogg has established a solid online presence. Their products are available on major e-commerce platforms and their website, catering to digital-savvy consumers who prefer shopping online.
- International Markets: Fogg has expanded its reach beyond its home market to international territories. This global expansion strategy involves entering markets in Asia, the Middle East, and parts of Africa, addressing the demand for affordable and quality deodorants in these regions.
- Strategic Partnership with Distributors: Fogg partners with critical distributors and wholesalers to ensure efficient supply chain management. These partnerships ensure timely and consistent product availability across various retail points.
- Localized Marketing and Distribution Strategy: In different markets, Fogg employs a localized approach to distribution. This includes adapting marketing strategies to suit local preferences and collaborating with regional distributors and retailers to optimize market penetration and consumer reach.
Fogg Deodorant Pricing Strategy
Fogg Deodorant occupies more than 20% of the market share, and its estimated revenues are nearly twenty-five crore rupees. It has targeted the young generation from the middle and upper middle class belonging to urban cities as its target customers.
It was the first deodorant brand in India to target both men and women with separate products. The brand has positioned itself as a body spray with no gas; thus, its perfume and power last much longer. Fogg Deodorant is for fashion-conscious people who are outdoor-oriented and trendy. The creator of Fogg Deodorant believes in the concept of more quantity, low cost, and best value.
Fogg Deodorant brand has adopted a penetration pricing policy and kept its product prices reasonable and affordable to capture further markets. The brand has a differentiated value proposition and promises to offer more value for money to its customers. It faces stiff competition from several rival brands.
It is easy to reach the top, but maintaining its position at the top is very difficult. Fogg deodorant realizes it and has kept its product prices at par with the prices set up by its rival brands. At the same price, it offers a better, long-lasting product that garners customer attention. Its competitive pricing policy has been successful as it still occupies the first position in the consumer market, leaving all its competitors behind.
- Competitive Pricing: Fogg Deodorant positions its products competitively within the Deodorant and personal care market. They carefully benchmark their prices against critical competitors, ensuring they offer comparable value to consumers while staying competitive against brands like Axe, Nivea, and Old Spice.
- Value-Based Pricing: A significant aspect of Fogg’s pricing strategy is its focus on value-based pricing. By highlighting their unique selling proposition of ‘no gas’ deodorants and more sprays per bottle, they justify their price points by offering what is perceived as better value and longevity compared to gas-filled deodorants.
- Psychological Pricing: Fogg employs psychological pricing tactics to make their products more appealing. This could involve pricing products just below a round number (e.g., pricing at Rs.199 instead of Rs.200) to make the price significantly lower and more attractive to cost-conscious consumers.
- Promotional and Seasonal Pricing: Fogg occasionally adopts promotional pricing strategies, offering discounts and bundle deals during festive seasons or unique marketing campaigns. This drives sales and attracts new customers to try their products.
- Market Penetration Pricing: In new markets or for new product launches, Fogg might employ penetration pricing. This involves setting lower prices initially to attract customers and gain market share quickly before gradually increasing the price as the brand establishes recognition and loyalty.
- Segmented Pricing Strategy: Understanding the diversity of its consumer base, Fogg may adopt a segmented pricing approach. This includes varying price points for different scents, sizes, or product types to cater to different consumer segments, from budget-conscious buyers to those seeking premium products.
Fogg Deodorant Promotion Strategy
Its ads highlight that rival brands offer deodorants that are pretty wasteful compared to its product. Generally, the deodorant market has targeted the men section, but Fogg deodorant was the first to provide separate deodorants for both men and women, along with combo packs.
Its sensational ad campaigns are shown via various print, digital, electronic, and visual media in newspapers, magazines, hoardings, billboards, television channels, radio, and vehicles. Fogg Deodorant has realized the impact of social media platforms, and its products are advertised via its website, Twitter account, YouTube, and Facebook page.
Fogg Deodorant has pitched its brand to the men and women section separately, and its unique concept has created a niche market for the brand that distinguishes it from other brands. By including women as its potential customers, Fogg has increased its functional parameters. Fogg Deodorant has adopted apt taglines like No Gas Only Spray, Again Finished, Without Gas Body Spray, which lasts longer and doesn’t get blown away like other deodorants.
Some Recent Video ads and Print ads for Fogg Deodorant are:
Liked this post? Check out the complete series on Marketing Mix