Huggies is one of the leading companies in diaper market. It is associated with FMCG industry and deals in baby care products. Huggies is a public company that is marketed by its owner company Kimberly-Clark. Brand was established in year 1968 but was introduced for public use in year 1978. Its competitor’s are-
- Johnson & Johnson
- Procter & Gamble
- Type: Subsidiary brand of baby diapers
- Industry: Household Goods
- Founded: 1968 (test market), 1978 (introduced)
- Founders: John A. Kimberly Havilah Babco
- Headquarters: Dallas, Texas
- Area served: Global
- Current CEO: Michael D. Hsu
- Number of employees: 46,000
- Major Products: Diapers, training pants, baby wipes
Table of Contents
Product in the Marketing Mix Of Huggies :
Huggies is a well-known brand name that guarantees a child the gift of dryness and ultimately takes care of its sensitive skin. It is a personal care brand manufacturing products for babies. Its product kit includes a wide variety baby wipes, training pants and disposable diapers.
- For newborn babies Huggies has launched Little Snugglers Diapers. These are available in two sizes 1 and 2. These were known at its onset as Supreme and later Gentle Care
- Little Movers have been specially designed for little infants that cannot use Snugglers size 2. These were formerly known as Supreme and later Natural Fit
- Snug and Dry Diapers were previously known by the name of Ultratrim and are available between sizes one and six. These have Leak-Lock feature for preventing leaks
- Overnites Diapers are especially designed for night usage so that leaks may be prevented. These are available between three and six step size
- In year 2009, brand introduced Pure & Natural Diapers. These were projected as environmentally friendly and were available between size of one and five
- For smooth transition of a baby from diaper stage to underwear, Huggies has launched Pull-Up training pants. These are available in three different sizes like 4T-5T, 3T-4T and 2T-3T
Place in the Marketing Mix Of Huggies :
Huggies is an international brand and has spread its network in several countries of the world. Its products are accessible in places like Australia, United Kingdom, Eastern Europe, North America, Brazil, Russia, China, India and Japan. Huggies has a strong distribution network that helps in successful marketing of its products as they are easily available in discount stores, medical stores, supermarkets, hypermarkets, malls and convenience stores. Huggies has created an extensive e-market through its personal website which offers several discounts so that actual product value is much less. It also has tie-ups with other shopping platforms to market its products successfully.
Price in the Marketing Mix Of Huggies :
Price is of great import as it has a far greater impact on the making and breaking of a company. Huggies was a new company that was trying to compete with an already established diaper company Pampers. Hence it conducted a thorough market research to know about consumer wants, demands and their willingness to shed money on this baby care product.
After arriving at its costing, it decided to keep its prices at par with its competitor and hence adopted a competitive pricing policy. Moreover it was operating in an unknown and new arena and thus maintained penetration pricing strategy to gain access in unchartered zones. Huggies offers its customers fair and rational prices so that customers are easily able to make a purchase. Moreover it offers periodic discounts and schemes to bring down its prices so that it can keep its customers happy.
Promotions in the Marketing Mix Of Huggies :
Huggies has adopted an aggressive marketing policy for promoting its products in consumer markets. At its onset it undertook a detailed research so that it could deal successfully with existing brand Pampers. Under one of its marketing schemes it made a deal with several hospitals and started providing products at below-market prices. This helped in creating positive awareness and established a feeling of trust as the diapers were provided by hospitals.
Huggies has also taken help of social media to create and maintain a successful consumer base through internet marketing. It encourages memberships and offers several discounts and schemes to its exclusive members like free products on special purchases. Huggies has secured extensive media coverage through regional and national publications. It has also roped in an expert Nikki Khan as its spokesperson. She offers useful tips to parents via special videos and web chats.
Liked this post? Check out the complete series on Marketing Mix