The Marketing mix of Brooke Bond Tea analyses the 4Psof Brooke Bond, which includes the Product, Price, Place, and Promotion. Brooke Bond Tea was previously famous for its tea cards and PG Tips, but it is a renowned tea brand owned by its parent company, Hindustan Unilever. The company was founded in 1845 by Arthur Brooke as a tea shop, but later, in 1870, it expanded to the wholesale business of tea sales. Some of its competitors are.
- Tetley Tea
- Society Tea
About Brooke Bond Tea
- Type: Tea Company
- Industry: Food and beverage
- Founded: 1869
- Founder: Arthur Brooke
- Headquarters: London, England
- Area served: Worldwide
- Key people: Pranab Barua (Chairman) and Arthur Brooke (CEO)
- Number of employees: 75,000
Table of Contents
Brooke Bond Product Strategy
Brooke Bond Tea is sold in various markets through sub-brands like Brooke Bond Red Label, Brooke Bond Taj Mahal, and Brooke Bond Lipton. Unique aroma, distinct flavor, and rich taste are the highlights of all its products. In 1903, the company launched its tea brand in India as Brooke Bond Red Label, one of India’s oldest tea brands. The product is available in two variants: dust and leaf. Some of its products are-
- Red Label Natural Care
- Red Label Special
- Red Label Dust
- Red Label Gold
Brooke Bond Taj Mahal was launched in 1966 as a premium product for an upper and middle-class section of society, and it was the first to introduce tea as a premium product along with tea bags. It has several variants, and some of them are as follows-
- Brooke Bond Taj Mahal Earl Grey Green Tea
- Brooke Bond Taj Mahal Ginger Tea
- Brooke Bond Taj Mahal Tea Bags
- Brooke Bond Taj Mahal Masala
Brooke Bond 3 Roses Tea is loose black tea sold in South India. Brooke Bond Taaza entered the beverage market in 1990. It was a refreshing and unique blend of tea mingled with fresh leaves of green tea.
- Brooke Bond Red Label Tea: This is one of the most popular and widely consumed teas in the Brooke Bond product line. It is known for its strong, robust flavor and is typically enjoyed with milk and sugar. Red Label tea comes in various pack sizes, including tea bags and loose tea leaves.
- Brooke Bond Taj Mahal Tea: Taj Mahal Tea is positioned as a premium tea offering. It is known for its rich and aromatic flavor. This tea is often considered suitable for special occasions or those who prefer a more refined tea experience.
- Brooke Bond 3 Roses Tea: 3 Roses Tea is another famous tea brand under the Brooke Bond umbrella. It is typically appreciated for its smooth and balanced flavor profile. It is available in different variants, including regular, unique, and dust tea.
- Green Tea: Brooke Bond also offers a range of green teas catering to health-conscious consumers. Green tea is known for its antioxidant properties and is available in various flavors, including plain, lemon, and mint.
- Flavored and Herbal Teas: The company may offer flavored and herbal tea blends to appeal to consumers looking for unique and innovative tea experiences. These may include fruit-infused teas, chai masala blends, and herbal infusions.
- Decaffeinated Tea: Some product lines within Brooke Bond may include decaffeinated tea options for individuals who prefer to limit their caffeine intake.
- Instant Tea: Brooke Bond may offer instant tea products that can be quickly prepared by simply adding hot water. These are convenient for on-the-go consumption.
- Specialty and Limited-Edition Teas: Occasionally, Brooke Bond may release specialty or limited-edition teas, often inspired by regional or seasonal flavors.
Brooke Bond Place Strategy
Brooke Bond is a famous brand with a network in countries like India, the United Kingdom, Japan, the West Indies, and Pakistan. It has an intensive distribution channel that helps in prompt and efficient dispatch to the retail market. It has adopted direct and indirect product distribution channels and includes the manufacturer, wholesaler, and retailer services to reach its target audience and consumers. Brooke Bond has successfully penetrated the urban and rural markets; thus, its products are readily available in every part of India.
Brooke Bond products are sold in various places in the consumer market, like corner shops, convenience stores, and supermarkets. Brooke Bond Tea is the oldest manufacturer in India, and it has undertaken hotel and corporate tie-ups to sell its products in other countries. Several tea junctions make Brooke Bond tea and directly sell it to its customers.
Here are five key elements of Brooke Bond Tea’s place strategy:
- Extensive Retail Presence: Brooke Bond maintains a strong presence in traditional retail outlets, including grocery stores, supermarkets, and convenience stores. This ensures that consumers can easily find their tea products during shopping.
- Online Sales and E-commerce: Recognizing the growing trend of online shopping, Brooke Bond Tea offers its products through e-commerce platforms and its official website. This gives customers the convenience of ordering tea online and delivering it to their doorstep.
- Tea Vendors and Cafés: Brooke Bond may collaborate with tea vendors, shops, and cafés to offer its tea blends for on-site consumption or retail purchase. This strategy introduces their products to tea enthusiasts and provides unique tasting experiences.
- Diverse Packaging Sizes: The brand offers its tea products in various packaging sizes, including individual tea bags, loose tea leaves, and larger bulk packs. This caters to both individual consumers and businesses with varying consumption needs.
- Export Markets: Brooke Bond Tea may also have an international distribution strategy, exporting its tea products to different countries. This allows them to tap into global markets and cater to a diverse customer base.
Brooke Bond Pricing Strategy
Brooke Bond Tea is a well-recognized brand because of its several sub-brands. The company has adopted a competitive pricing policy for its products. Its marketing team has gathered vital information about its competitors, consumers, and their desire to spend money on this product. After consultation with its analytical team and marketing management, it decided to enforce a value-added pricing policy to suit consumers and companies. Brooke Bond Taj Mahal is its premium brand and has kept a slightly higher product price range. Still, the brand has maintained its reasonable pricing policy for Red Label products and kept marginally lower prices. Products are available in different-sized packs, and it becomes easier for consumers to buy them according to personal needs.
Brooke Bond Taj Mahal is its premium brand and has kept a slightly higher product price range. Still, the brand has maintained its reasonable pricing policy for Red Label products and kept marginally lower prices. Products are available in different-sized packs, and it becomes easier for consumers to buy them according to personal needs.
Here’s an analysis of Brooke Bond Tea’s pricing and marketing strategy from a marketing expert’s perspective:
- Market Segmentation: Brooke Bond Tea recognizes that tea consumers vary in their preferences and willingness to pay. They employ market segmentation to offer various products at different price points. This includes value-oriented options for price-conscious consumers and premium blends for those seeking a more refined tea experience.
- Tiered Pricing: The brand utilizes tiered pricing to distinguish its various tea offerings. For example, they position “Brooke Bond Red Label” as an affordable, everyday tea, “Taj Mahal Tea” as a premium choice, and “3 Roses Tea” as a mid-range option. This tiered approach allows consumers to choose based on their budget and taste preferences.
- Value-Based Pricing: Brooke Bond Tea strongly emphasizes the quality and taste of its tea blends. The pricing reflects the product’s perceived value, with premium teas commanding higher prices due to their superior flavor and aroma. This value-based approach appeals to consumers who prioritize tea quality.
- Promotional Pricing: The brand often runs promotional campaigns, discounts, and special offers, particularly during festive seasons and special occasions. These promotions create a sense of urgency and encourage consumers to stock up on their favorite tea blends.
- Packaging and Presentation: Brooke Bond Tea pays attention to packaging and presentation, which can influence perceived value. Premium teas may come in attractive, well-designed packaging, enhancing their premium image and justifying higher prices.
- Brand Loyalty Programs: Brooke Bond Tea may offer loyalty programs or rewards to frequent customers to foster brand loyalty. These programs can include discounts, exclusive offers, and other incentives to keep consumers returning.
- Transparent Pricing: The brand maintains delicate pricing structures, clearly stating prices on packaging and marketing materials. This transparency builds trust with consumers and ensures they know what to expect when purchasing Brooke Bond Tea.
- Dynamic Pricing: Brooke Bond Tea may adjust pricing based on market conditions, including supply and demand, input costs, and seasonal variations. This flexibility allows them to respond to changing market dynamics while maintaining competitiveness.
- Differentiated Pricing for Variants: Brooke Bond Tea may employ differentiated pricing for different variants or flavors within its product lines. For example, flavored or specialty teas may be priced differently from standard blends to reflect uniqueness.
Promotions in the Marketing Mix Of Brooke Bond Tea
Brooke Brand Tea’s continuous commitment has positively impacted its customers. It has used the help of good advertising and social media marketing to increase its brand visibility. Brooke Bond has started an ad campaign that acknowledges women’s empowerment and their need to drink Brooke Bond Tea for sustenance. Its catchy commercials are aired on television, radio, newspapers, and magazines.
Zakir Hussain, Saif Ali Khan, Madhuri Dixit, and recently Rahul Sharma have been roped in for the Taj Mahal brand, whose famous tagline is Wah Taj. Television actor Hina Khana has worked for the Red Label brand, whose tagline is Chuskiyaan Zindagi Ki. As part of promotional policies, Brooke Bond Tea provides discounts on prices at certain times. It also offers extra products like 50 gm free with 250 gm packet of tea.
Some Recent Video ads and Print ads of Brooke Bond Tea:
Liked this post? Check out the complete series on Marketing Mix