The Marketing mix of Yes Bank analyses the 7Ps of Yes Bank, which includes the Product, Price, Place, Promotion, People, Physical Evidence, and Process of Yes Bank. Yes Bank is one of the youngest banks in India but has quickly established itself as the fifth largest Bank in the Indian private banking sector. Founded by the late Ashok Kapur and Rana Kapoor in 2004, it is the only Bank awarded the Greenfield Bank license by the RBI in the last 20 years. Today, YES BANK has steadily built corporate, SME, and Retail investment banking, banking franchises, branch banking, transaction banking, wealth management business lines, corporate banking, and financial markets business lines across India.
About Yes Bank
- Type: Private sector bank
- Industry: Banking
- Founded: 2003
- Founder: Rana Kapoor
- Headquarters: Mumbai, India
- Area served: India
- Key people: Sunil Mehta (Chairman) and Prashant Kumar (CEO)
- Number of employees: 20,000
Table of Contents
Yes Bank Product Strategy
- Personal Banking: Products for domestic individuals and NRI customers, including loans, bank accounts, various deposits, insurance, locker services, government welfare schemes, investments, and wealth management services.
- Corporate Banking: Offers investment banking solutions, treasury and risk management solutions, loans, and transaction banking.
- Business Banking: Provides trade finance services, capital market and escrow account services, cash management services, current account services, loans, SME banking services, fixed deposit services, agriculture and food business services, institutional banking services, and various types of cards.
- Digital Banking: Includes mobile banking, online banking, payment solutions, secure banking, SMS banking, missed call banking, UPI payment services, and wallet services.
Yes Bank Pricing Strategy
Since the Bank is under the Central Bank’s regulations, its marketing management, product placement, and pricing strategy must be in tandem with the other banks in the country. This does not, however, mean that its prices have to be the same as those of the other banks.
Within the RBI’s limits, the Bank employs a competitive pricing and marketing strategy to attract more customers within the precincts of such a young bank. Its interest rates are among the lowest on the market, averaging about 7%. Customers with frequent and good transaction records are given waivers and preferences, attracting more customers. Its charges are a bit more flexible and attractive to target consumers than most of its competing banks.
Here are the critical points of Yes Bank’s pricing strategy:
- Regulatory Compliance: Prices align with those of significant banks under Reserve Bank of India (RBI) regulations.
- Competitive Interest Rates: Highlight attractive interest rates for savings accounts to attract customers.
- Flexible Service Charges: Service charges vary based on the product and customer transaction history, with possible waivers for loyal customers.
- Inclusivity for Lower-Income Segments: Offers minimal or no charges for certain services to cater to lower-income groups.
- Customizable Charges: Provides charge flexibility, making some products more attractive than competitors.
Yes Bank Place Strategy
Yes Bank is present in different markets in India, and unlike many other Indian banks, it hasn’t yet crossed the borders as such, save for its first branch that was recently opened in Dubai. It boasts more than 950 branches, mainly in the urban areas, and at least 2,000 ATMs nationwide. Most of the branches are concentrated around Delhi and Maharashtra regions.
The Bank is also present in a unified manner, offering accessibility and convenience. The Bank has partnered with major organizations and companies to help interested parties get the best products. Such brand ambassadors and partnerships involve companies like IBM, MasterCard, CISCO, Max Life Insurance, American Express, Bajaj Allianz, etc. And yes, YES is available online.
Here’s a concise summary of Yes Bank’s place strategy:
- Branch Network: Yes Bank has a robust domestic presence with 950 branches in over 650 locations, ensuring easy accessibility for customers.
- ATM Network: The Bank operates over 1,760 ATMs, contributing to its widespread service reach and customer convenience.
- Strategic Location Focus: Most Yes Bank branches are concentrated in Maharashtra and around Delhi, aligning with regional market demands.
- International Expansion: Marking its global presence, Yes Bank has opened its first international office in Dubai.
- Digital Presence: The Bank offers extensive online services through its website and mobile app, catering to the digital banking needs of customers.
Yes Bank Promotion Strategy
The Bank employs various advertising and social marketing methods to improve its visibility. These include print advertisements via the major newspapers, TV commercials, and print adverts on its branches. Internet marketing has also been employed, where social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube Global, and a video hosting company are used to reach customers.
New offers are communicated to customers with TV advertisements and commercials to catch the fish that is not yet on the net. CSR activities have also been influential in promoting the company’s presence. The company has organized various events and has been significantly associated with IPL, thus boosting its brand image and popularity among cricket-watching crowds and enthusiasts.
Some Recent Video ads and Print ads for Yes Bank are:
Yes Bank People Strategy
When discussing the “People” aspect of the service marketing mix for Yes Bank, it’s essential to focus on the value chain of employees, management, and everyone involved in providing the service. For Yes Bank, a leading private sector bank in India, “People” plays a crucial role in differentiating its product offerings and services in a highly competitive banking sector. Here are some key points about the “People” aspect of Yes Bank’s service marketing mix:
- Customer-Centric Staff: Yes Bank employs a customer-centric approach, ensuring its staff at all levels is trained to prioritize customer satisfaction. This includes personalized banking services, quick resolution of queries, and a polite, professional demeanor in customer interactions.
- Highly Qualified Workforce: The bank recruits highly qualified professionals with banking and financial services expertise. This ensures that customers receive informed advice and services, enhancing the overall service quality.
- Training and Development: Yes Bank invests significantly in employee training and development programs. These programs are designed to keep the staff updated on the latest banking technologies, regulations, and best practices, enabling them to serve customers effectively.
- Employee Empowerment: Employees at Yes Bank are empowered to make decisions that enhance customer satisfaction. This empowerment allows for faster resolution of customer issues and a more personalized banking experience.
- Diverse Workforce: The bank values diversity and inclusivity, ensuring a wide range of perspectives and solutions that cater to the diverse needs of its customer base. This diversity is reflected in its recruitment policies and workplace culture.
- Reward and Recognition Programs: Yes Bank has rewards and recognition programs to acknowledge and reward employees for outstanding performance, particularly in customer service and innovation. This motivates employees to maintain high standards of service.
- Leadership and Management: The leadership at Yes Bank plays a pivotal role in shaping the bank’s culture and service standards. The management team is known for its strategic vision and commitment to excellence, guiding the bank towards continuous improvement in service delivery.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM): Yes Bank’s employees are trained in CRM practices, ensuring they build and maintain strong customer relationships. This involves understanding customer needs, providing customized solutions, and maintaining regular communication for feedback and service improvement.
- Community Involvement: The bank’s staff participates in various community service activities, reflecting the organization’s commitment to social responsibility. This enhances the bank’s image and builds a sense of community and purpose among employees.
- Digital Literacy: Employees are equipped with digital literacy skills in line with the bank’s focus on digital banking services. This enables them to assist customers in navigating online banking platforms and mobile banking apps and understanding digital products and services.
Yes Bank Process Strategy
The “Process” element of the service marketing mix for Yes Bank encompasses the various methods and procedures employed to deliver banking services efficiently and effectively. This aspect of strategic marketing is crucial for ensuring customer satisfaction, operational efficiency, and service quality. Here are some key points regarding the “Process” aspect of Yes Bank’s service marketing mix:
- Streamlined Account Opening: Yes Bank has simplified the account opening process, allowing for quick and hassle-free initiation of banking relationships. This includes digital forms, minimal paperwork, and efficient verification methods.
- Digital Banking Services: The bank has invested heavily in digital technology to provide seamless online and mobile banking experiences. This includes easy online transactions, mobile deposits, bill payments, and comprehensive account management features.
- Customer Service Channels: Yes Bank offers multiple channels for customer service, including branch visits, telephone banking, online chat, email, and social media platforms. This ensures customers can choose their preferred mode of communication for inquiries and problem resolution.
- Automated Service Delivery: Automation plays a key role in Yes Bank’s processes, with ATMs, cash deposit machines, and online fund transfer facilities enabling customers to conduct transactions without direct bank staff involvement.
- Secure Transaction Processes: The bank prioritizes the security of customer transactions by implementing advanced encryption technologies, secure authentication methods, and continuous monitoring to prevent fraud and unauthorized access.
- Feedback and Continuous Improvement: Yes Bank has established mechanisms for collecting customer feedback through surveys, social media monitoring, and direct feedback channels. This information is used to continuously improve service processes and address any gaps in service delivery.
- Compliance and Regulatory Adherence: The bank follows a strict adherence to regulatory requirements and compliance standards to ensure all processes are transparent, fair, and in line with legal and ethical standards.
- Loan Processing: Yes Bank has streamlined its loan processing to offer quick approvals and disbursements. This includes simplified application procedures, efficient credit assessment, and minimal documentation requirements.
- Investment and Wealth Management Services: The process for investment advisory and wealth management services is designed to be personalized, with financial advisors working closely with clients to understand their financial goals and recommend suitable investment products.
- Technology-Driven Innovations: Yes Bank continually invests in technology to improve its banking processes. This includes the adoption of blockchain for secure and efficient transaction processing, AI and machine learning for personalized customer services, and big data analytics for better decision-making.
Yes Bank Physical Evidence Strategy
The “Physical Evidence” element of the service marketing mix is crucial for service-based companies like Yes Bank, as it encompasses the tangible and intangible aspects of customer value that help customers evaluate the service before, during, and after its delivery. For Yes Bank, physical evidence plays a significant role in creating a sense of trust, professionalism, customer loyalty, and security among its customers. Here are some key points regarding the “Physical Evidence” aspect of Yes Bank’s service marketing mix:
- Branch Design and Layout: Yes Bank’s branches are designed to be welcoming and professional, with a layout that ensures privacy during financial consultations and transactions. The aesthetic and functional design of the branches contribute to a positive banking experience.
- Branding and Signage: The bank’s logo, colors, and signage are consistently displayed across all physical and digital platforms. This visual branding helps in building recognition and trust among customers.
- Technology and Infrastructure: Advanced technology in branches, like ATMs, digital kiosks, and cash deposit machines, proves Yes Bank’s commitment to providing convenient and modern banking solutions.
- Official Website and Mobile App: The functionality, design, and user experience of Yes Bank’s official website and mobile banking app are crucial forms of physical evidence. They reflect the bank’s ability to provide secure, efficient, and user-friendly digital banking services.
- Marketing Materials: Printed and digital marketing materials, including brochures, flyers, and online ads, provide tangible evidence of Yes Bank’s products and services, showcasing features, benefits, and customer testimonials.
- Customer Service and Support: The professionalism, attire, and behavior of customer service representatives and bank staff are vital components of physical evidence. Their expertise and demeanor reflect the bank’s values and service standards.
- Statements and Reports: Financial statements, transaction receipts, and account summaries are physical proof of banking activities, emphasizing transparency and accuracy in Yes Bank’s operations.
- Security Features: Visible security measures, such as surveillance cameras, security personnel, and secure transaction processes, reassure customers about the safety of their financial transactions and personal information.
- Awards and Recognitions: Certificates, awards, and recognitions displayed in branches or mentioned on digital platforms serve as endorsements of Yes Bank’s excellence in banking services, innovation, and customer satisfaction.
- Customer Feedback Systems: Physical and digital feedback systems, such as comment boxes in branches or online feedback forms, signal Yes Bank’s openness to customer input and commitment to continuous improvement.
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Initiatives: Information about Yes Bank’s involvement in social and environmental causes, available in branches or online, serves as evidence of the bank’s ethical practices and commitment to societal welfare.
Liked this post? Check out the complete series on Marketing Mix