Strengths in the SWOT analysis of Parachute
- Premium edible grade coconut oil
- Market leader in its category, has a huge loyalty in the urban & rural sections of India
- Synonymous with pure coconut oil & is positioned on the platform of purity
- Brand has sought to remain relevant and differentiated through a slew of initiatives in packaging & communication like the “weight-test” (proving that pure Coconut oil is heavier than impure oil). These innovations have ensured protection of existing franchise, they have propelled further penetration, enabling conversion of loose oil consumers to packaged Parachute Coconut Oil
- Parachute enjoys tremendous equity and trust with every passing generation
- Is entering the shampoo market with Starz and has a range specifically for the age group of 3-10yrs
Weaknesses in the SWOT analysis of Parachute
- Innovations like personal massager where available in select cities and limited quantities
- Parachute Hot Oil should be a seasonal product and should be sold in winters and not during summers in places where it gets very hot
Opportunities in the SWOT analysis of Parachute
- Parachute can get into skin care by introducing oils for application on the entire body
- Parachute should launch variants that have not only coconut but also other natural ingredients that benefit the hair. This will help fight competition from brands that are not made of coconut but other ingredients like badam, amla, mustard etc.
- Should launch variants that make the head feel cool and refreshed
Threats in the SWOT analysis of Parachute
- Many players are entering the market
- Parachute as a brand is positioned as a coconut oil. Competitor brands are communicating the advantages of using oils that are made of badam, amla, mustard etc.
- Though Marico is expected to roll out its Maha Thanda brand in March 2009 which is in the cooling hair oil segment, Parachute can lose market share as it does not have a product in that category
Alternatively, check out the Marketing91 Academy, which provides you access to 10+ marketing courses and 100s of Case studies.
Reza Zayyani says
Thanks for your useful articles. All articles are short but very reliable….
Your Texts about SWOT analysis for different companies are very creative and I always use them for my business…
wish the best for you…