Haldirams was founded in the year in 1937 in Bikaner, India. It has grown from a small sweet shop to an international food chain store/restaurant. Currently, it is present in more than 50 cities in India. It has a global presence in 30 countries. It has a large number of variants in a single product. The current brand value: $4 million dollar
Strengths in the SWOT analysis of Haldirams :
This helps in understanding the core areas of the business where it beats the competition and has the competitive advantage in the market. Strengths are generally the core competency of the business.
- Brand awareness and recall – Haldiram, as mentioned above, is present globally as well and hence it has a high brand awareness as being an Indian brand it has been able to expand globally and consistently supply its products across borders.
- Product Line – The product line is extensively deep and wide which gives customers many options. To name a few products like namkeens, papads, chips, cookies, sweets, dry fruits, sherbets, etc. are available in the product portfolio of the brand.
- Trusted for quality and hygiene – Haldiram restaurants have a good infrastructure and it has maintained the cleanliness and hygiene of its restaurants
- Attractive packaging – The brand has a very attractive packaging which helps in attracting the eyeballs in the retail store. A study conducted proved that even if the products are not placed at eye level the packaging has helped to attract the customers and pick the product.
- Supply chain – Haldiram has been able to develop a good supply chain network which helps in ensuring availability of products. Increasing the sales can only be done if the product is made available at point of sales.
- Appropriately priced for the customers – The brand has priced its products appropriately so that it can be consumed by the middle and upper-income group. It has different variants of packages priced according to the quantity.
- Taste – The taste of different products are relished by the customers and it has been able to develop a niche in the market for the kinds of food products it offers to the customers.
- Global Presence – Haldiram has a global presence and hence it helps in building the brand reputation that the products are exported internationally.
Weaknesses in the SWOT analysis of Haldirams :
This is the pain area of the organization where it does not have the resources or skills. Business has to work upon these areas so that they are not left behind from the competition. Though there will be some or the other weakness it should not be an area which takes the business pout off the market
- Branding and Advertising – Haldiram does not perform much marketing activities. It has done mainly ATL activities which makes it little aside in comparison to its competitors.
- Outlets are confined mainly to north India – Although the brand is present globally but in India which is the home nation the brand has its stores only in the northern India and hence the popularity is limited to only one section of the group.
Opportunities in the SWOT analysis of Haldirams :
This helps in understanding what other things a business can do with the current skills and resources. It helps the business to know the areas where it can expand and take a lead in order to diversify the business and expand the customer base
- Reaching more people – The brand has the opportunity to further expand in the home nation where it is loved the most. It will help to increase the customer base and popularity in other parts of India.
- Enlarging the hotel business – There is a good opportunity to invest in the hotel business in global context. Indians are present all over the world and hence it can be leveraged by the business Growing outlets.
- Advertising and Branding – Aggressively advertising and promoting the brand
- Introducing people with healthy, fat-free, low calories snakes that are baked
- Innovate by introducing snacks catering to the youth
Threats in the SWOT analysis of Haldirams :
This analysis helps in understanding what are the areas which can impact the business in future or right away. So business has to prepare itself to handle the threats in the market landscape. Competition or increasing number of players in the market with same value proposition is a threat to business as it directly lowers the customer base and revenue
- Increasing Western Taste – Consumers in India are more persuaded with the western ways and are convinced that Indian snack is unhealthy, dipped in oil which consistently poses a challenge for the brand to attract the customers
- Bad Reputation – Indian snacks have a reputation for being unhealthy and hence it places a bad image on Haldiram’s business as well
- Increased challenges from other brands
Alternatively, check out the Marketing91 Academy, which provides you access to 10+ marketing courses and 100s of Case studies.