Adecco Group is a leading recruiter across the world and is based out of Zurich Switzerland. The company positions itself as a recruitment partner helping people to match their profiles to the right jobs. The company has around 33,000 employees today working across 5100 offices in around 60 countries across the world making it the owner of a huge network of contacts.
Some of the service offered by Adecco includes temporary and permanent staffing, resume writing services, job contract and salary negotiation services, career transition, skill development and employment consulting services. A Fortune 500 company Adecco has been able to staff people across multiple sectors like IT, ITES, hospitality, healthcare, finance, legal and secretarial and office jobs.
Strengths in the SWOT analysis of Adecco Group
Strengths are defined as what each business does best in its gamut of operations which can give it an upper hand over its competitors. The following are the strengths of Adecco:
- Wide variety of services: The company handles end to end services in recruitment such as temporary and permanent staffing. The company commits that once they are able to fit an individual into a profile, they can help them with skill development, salary and contract negotiation, and consultancy.
- Multiple segments : The company targets multiple segments such as freshers who are looking out for their first jobs, women or men who have taken a break from their jobs and are looking to re-enter into the workforce and for retired professionals who may want to get a job in addition to people who are already employed and looking for a change.
- Wide network: The company has a wide network across 60 countries of the world and has around 5100 offices. The employees, as well as partners, are selected with a lot of caution ensuring that they have proven expertise in their line of work.
- Future orientation: Adecco has impeccable research prowess and looks towards the future. The landscape of the HR sector is ever changing and this means that companies have to be able to understand how the changes affect employment.
- People focus: The company is highly people-oriented and ensures that they maintain a high degree of employee satisfaction. The employees are also ensured of regular training and are updated on skills regularly.
Weaknesses in the SWOT analysis of Adecco Group
Weaknesses are used to refer to areas where the business or the brand needs improvement. Some of the key weaknesses of Adeccoinclude:
- The scarcity of resources: Though there are a lot of openings in the job market it may not be easy to find the right resource for the job. This scarcity of the right resources is turning into a huge challenge for recruitment companies including Adecco.
- Lack of commitment from candidates: Though the candidates are recruited against the right jobs it becomes a problem for Adecco because many of them do not enter into a commitment with their employer and this affects the brand image of the company.
- The balance: Employment consultants primarily deal with two stakeholders employers and employees. Maintaining the balance between the two in such a way that both are equally satisfied is a challenge for employment consultants.
Opportunities in the SWOT analysis of Adecco Group
Opportunities refer to those avenues in the environment that surrounds the business on which it can capitalize to increase its returns. Some of the opportunities include :
- Diversification into training: A lot of companies are outsourcing their training. Learning and development to consultants. There is also a lot of scope for mentoring and coaching in the HR space. With trained professionals in their kitty, Adecco can easily target this opportunity.
- Growth potential in HR sector: As the number of jobs across the world is expected to increase the number of opportunities for the recruitment companies will also grow. The number of jobs in the US is expected to touch 2.1 million and this trend is likely to percolate into other parts of the world.
- Opportunities in emerging economies: Countries like China and India where the population, as well as education, is at an increasing rate have a lot of jobs in both conventional and non-conventional sectors. This proves a lot of opportunities in the emerging economies for Adecco.
Threats in the SWOT analysis of Adecco Group
Threats are those factors in the environment which can be detrimental to the growth of the business. Some of the threats include:
- Slowdown in the IT and ITES sectors: The IT & ITES were the prime sectors that offered employment in India and now these sectors are showing a slowdown in terms of jobs. This can create the corresponding loss of business for employment agencies like Adecco.
- Recession: The global recession has brought down the number of jobs in the market and companies have also cut down salaries. This can have a proportional cutdown on commissions offered to recruitment agencies which in turn can reduce the revenue of companies like Adecco.
- Competition: Adecco also faces the threat of competition. The recruitment sector has very limited barriers to entry and thus there are small to large companies who offer competition to Adecco.
If you liked this article, we bet that you will love the Marketing91 Academy, which provides you free access to 10+ marketing courses and 100s of Case studies.