The Marketing mix of Wrangler analyses the 4Ps of Wrangler, including the Product, Price, Place, and Promotions. Wrangler is a celebrated American Jeans manufacturer. The company is famous for its clothing items and workwear products. Wrangler is one of the divisions of VF Corporation, with the other divisions including JanSport, The North Face, and the famous Lee, among others.
Headquartered in Greensboro, North Carolina, within the USA, this division was established in 1904 and has weathered the storms to emerge as a global force. It is well known today for its long heritage of producing quality jeans for toughness and durability.
- Pepe Jeans
- Type: Clothing brand
- Industry: Fashion
- Founded: 1904
- Founder: C. C. Hudson
- Headquarters: Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
- Area served: Worldwide
- Key people: Tom Quarles (Chairman) and Scott Baxter (CEO)
- Number of employees: 12,000
Table of Contents
Wrangler Product Strategy
The company produces and markets apparel and other accessories. Under its product line are found jeans, shorts, shirts, and eyeglasses. Many other brands and products are within each line, some of which were developed as early as 1947.
The company ensures that as it continues to produce fashionable products in high demand, it also maintains its heritage. A considerable market size still feels more comfortable in those cowboy apparel types than the hip-hop generation’s garments. In a nutshell, the Wrangler jeans brand website will be your final destination for the most functional and quality jeans that will serve you for a long, even when your work involves a lot of abuse.
- Jeans and Pants: Wrangler is most famous for its jeans. They offer a variety of fits, like regular, slim, relaxed, and loose. The jeans come in different styles, such as classic, modern, and Western-inspired designs.
- Shirts and Tops: This includes a range of T-shirts, casual shirts, and dress shirts. They often feature denim shirts, plaid shirts, and Western-style shirts.
- Outerwear: This category covers jackets, vests, and coats. Wrangler offers denim jackets, insulated coats, and Western-style outerwear.
- Shorts: Wrangler produces a range of shorts, including denim and cargo shorts, suitable for casual wear.
- Accessories: This includes belts, wallets, hats, and other accessories that complement their clothing line.
- Western Wear: Given Wrangler’s roots in Western apparel, they have a specific segment dedicated to authentic Western wear. This includes cowboy-cut jeans, Western shirts, and accessories tailored for rodeo professionals and enthusiasts.
- Workwear: Wrangler also offers a line of workwear that includes durable jeans, work shirts, and jackets designed for physical labor and industrial jobs.
- Women’s Line: In addition to men’s clothing, Wrangler has a significant collection for women, including jeans, tops, and dresses with a similar emphasis on durability and Western style.
- Children’s Apparel: They also cater to children and teenagers with jeans, shirts, and jackets.
- Limited Editions and Collaborations: Occasionally, Wrangler introduces limited edition collections or collaborates with other brands, designers, or celebrities to create unique apparel.
Wrangler Place Strategy
Wrangler is an American company not only for the American market but beyond. The company serves a worldwide market, with an iconic status acquired worldwide beyond the USA, Australia, and the UK. Recent marketing strategies are meant to make the brand acquire the same iconic status in other parts of Europe.
Outside Europe, the brand is present in several other countries across all the continents. People have always associated the Wrangle brand products with durability, and that’s why it has been celebrated for all this time. Now that the past and present generations are interested in style and fashion, Wrangler has revolutionized its product line to meet the fashion needs of today’s market.
Here’s the place strategy of Wrangler.
- Global Retail Presence: Wrangler has a widespread global presence, including flagship stores, department stores, and specialty clothing stores. This extensive distribution allows them to reach a diverse customer base across different regions.
- Online Sales Platforms: The brand has a solid online presence through its e-commerce website and various online retailers. This strategy caters to the growing number of digital shoppers and expands their market reach.
- Selective Distribution: Wrangler employs a selective distribution strategy, choosing retailers that align with its brand image and appeal to its target market. This approach ensures brand prestige and maintains product quality across all sales channels.
- Partnerships with Large Retailers: The company partners with large retail chains and department stores, making their products easily accessible to a broad customer base. These partnerships are crucial for brand visibility and accessibility.
- Geographical Expansion: Wrangler consistently explores new markets and geographies, especially in emerging economies. This expansion strategy helps them to tap into new customer segments and increase their global footprint.
Wrangler Pricing Strategy
The “working class” market segmentation is most suited by the Wrangler jeans. The jeans’ design and construction feature toughness and ruggedness, characterized by high durability. They thus offer very high durability for those in harsh working conditions. Though their jeans come with various cuts, they all look simple and spotless. The ultimate goal is functionality and quality emphasis. As a result, the pricing, marketing, and promotion strategy is based on quality.
Wrangler employs a multifaceted pricing and marketing strategy, balancing brand value, competitive positioning, and market dynamics. This approach allows them to appeal to a broad consumer base while maintaining their reputation for quality and durability. Here’s an overview:
- Value-Based Pricing: At its core, Wrangler’s pricing reflects the brand’s value proposition of durability, quality, and comfort. The prices match the products’ perceived value in the consumers’ eyes, ensuring customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Competitive Pricing: Wrangler keenly observes market trends and competitor prices, especially in the denim and casual wear segments. They strategically price their products to stay competitive, ensuring they are neither the cheapest nor the most expensive in their category. This balance helps maintain its position as a premium yet accessible brand.
- Product Line Pricing: Wrangler uses product line pricing to differentiate between their various product offerings. For example, basic jeans might be more affordable, while limited edition or specialty lines, like Western or performance wear, are priced higher. This strategy caters to different customer segments and maximizes revenue across the product range.
- Promotional Pricing: The brand occasionally employs promotional pricing strategies, such as discounts, seasonal sales, and special offers, to boost sales volumes and attract new customers. These promotions are carefully timed and marketed to enhance brand appeal without devaluing the brand image.
- Geographic Pricing Strategy: Recognizing the diverse economic conditions in various global markets, Wrangler adjusts its pricing strategy geographically. In more affluent regions, prices might skew higher to align with the market’s purchasing power, while in emerging markets, more competitive pricing is employed to capture a broader customer base.
Wrangler Promotion Strategy
Media advertising is one of Wrangler’s leading marketing strategies to reach potential customers. This includes the use of football TV commercials. Brett Favre has been featured playing a touch football game in the mud. One challenge the company has faced in advertising and marketing its products in the near past is its popularity in producing cowboy jeans. Recent marketing strategies by the company, especially in Europe, are meant to shed off the cowboy’s image tag.
Wrangler’s Marketing strategy involves releasing new products and advertising campaigns that communicate apparel’s fashion and functional roles in today’s consumer lives. Born Ready is one such ad, pushing the company’s new signature product brand line: the Ready Range. This range includes jeans with special threads, each meant for a specific occasion, including Cold Ready and Rain Ready. Wrangler collaborated with We Are Pi, promoting a ready range of products on this new campaign and marketing strategy together, which runs on retail, Cinema, PR, Print/OOH, online, etc., across Europe.
Some Recent Video ads and Print ads for Wrangler are:
Liked this post? Check out the complete series on Marketing Mix