Clean & Clear is a subsidiary brand that was earlier owned by Revlon but presently its parent company is Johnson & Johnson. It is associated with FMCG industry as it deals with personal care products. The company is of American origin and was introduced in markets in the year 1956 by Revlon and from the year 1991 by its existing owner.
The brand was named so because its products contained no dyes or fragrance and after rinsing left no residue. Clean & Clear had special ingredients for a complete cleansing so that the skin felt beautifully clean and clear. It faces competition from the following
Product in the Marketing mix of Clean & Clear
Clean & Clear is an established brand dealing with skin care products. At the onset, the brand was introduced as a skin cleanser and later lotions along with bar soap were introduced in the year 1986. The company launched hair conditioner and hair shampoo in the year 1989. Clean & Clear products are especially for people with skin issues like acne, blackheads, pimples for all types of skin be it dry, oily or normal. Its diversified product portfolio includes-
- Clean & Clear Acne triple Clear Cleansing Clay Mask
- Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets
- Clean & Clear Deep Action Exfoliating Scrub
- Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Control Kit
- Clean & Clear acne Triple Clear Exfoliating Scrub
- Clean & Clear Morning Burst Facial Cleanser
- Clean & Clear acne triple Clear Bubble Foam Mask
- Clean & Clear Acne Triple Clear Cleanser
- Clean & Clear Deep Action 60 Second Shower Mask
- Clean & Clear Persa Gel 10 Acne Medication
- Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser
- Clean & Clear Blackhead Eraser Scrub
- Clean & Clear Essentials Dual Action Moisturiser
- Clean & Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser
- Clean & Clear Makeup Dissolving Facial Cleansing Wipes
- Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment
- Clean & Clear Morning Burst Hydrating Facial Cleanser
- Clean & Clear Essentials Foaming Facial Cleanser
- Clean & Clear Advantage 3-in-1 Exfoliating Cleanser
- Clean & Clear Night Relaxing All-in-one Cleansing Wipes
- Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Control 3-in-one Foaming Face Wash
- Clean & Clear Morning Burst Facial Scrub
- Clean & Clear Night Relaxing Deep Cleaning Face Wash
- Clean & Clear Morning Burst Hydrating Gel Moisturizer
- Clean & Clear Essentials Deep Cleaning Astringent
- Clean & Clear Night Relaxing Detox Clay Mask
- Clean & Clear Night Relaxing Jelly Eye Sheet Mask
- Clean & Clear Morning Boost Body Wash
- Clean & Clear Blackhead Eraser Cleansing Mask
- Clean & Clear Advantage Oil Absorbing Cream Cleanser
- Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Control Moisturizer
Place in the Marketing mix of Clean & Clear
Clean & Clear is an international brand with its product presence spread to several parts of the world. It is available in forty-six countries including places like India, United States, Spain, Canada, Argentina, United Kingdom, China, Middle-East, Russia, Malaysia and Korea.
Clean & Clear has a widespread distribution channel that helps in distributing its products to consumer market easily. In India, it takes the help of its own company because it already has an established distribution network. Products are bought from the manufacturing facilities and then stored in warehouses.
The carrying and forwarding agents pick the products from warehouses and leave them at the retailers at the behest of stockists. From there the products are sold to the consumers via grocery stores, hypermarket, convenience stores, kirana shops, malls and corner shops. Products are also available online via e-shopping portals.
Price in the Marketing mix of Clean & Clear
Clean & Clear has targeted working professionals and college students as its target customer and has positioned itself as a quality product that thoroughly cleanses by removing excess dirt and oil. Skincare market is very huge and lucrative. In order to retain its hold in the consumer market, the company has adopted a reasonable and affordable pricing policy. As it targets mainly teenagers it has kept the prices within budget so that it can be purchased easily.
The company faces serious competition from several rival brands and in order to compete with them successfully has adopted a competitive pricing policy. Product prices are kept at the same levels as its rival brands with several incentives and discount options to maintain its customer loyalty.
Promotions in the Marketing mix of Clean & Clear
Clean & Clear had a clear-cut policy of marketing its products with no-holds-barred. It realised the importance of a slogan that would define its product and hence in the year 1993 launched its tagline Clean and Clear and Under Control and followed it up with another slogan Clean, Clear and Confident.
In the year 2000, the company launched an online promotion via Clean and Clear Talking Postcard Superstitial campaign to create its presence amongst online communities, especially to attract young teenagers who are online fans. This campaign won online advertising category award at Massachusetts Interactive Media Council Awards.
The company has always leaned towards celebrity endorsements and in the year 2010, combined it with charity via Do Something non-profit Organisation. It launched a program Join the Surge starring actress Demi Lovato. In the year 2011 Clean & Clear entered into a partnership with United Nations Foundation and co-sponsored Unite for Girls tour with famous personality Lily Halpern. In the year 2015 Jazz Jennings was roped in to appear in commercials of Clean & Clear.
In India Clean & Clear roped in several Bollywood personalities to act in its high-profile commercials. Bipasha Basu and John Abraham were first contacted to act in its commercials and were later replaced by Anushka Sharma. The company has launched several innovative and eye-catching ad campaigns and these have been shown via television, newspapers, magazines, radio and hoardings.
Clean & Clear utilizes the social media platform to its advantage and promotes its brand via its own website, other shopping e-portals, Twitter account, Facebook page, YouTube and Instagram. The company has adopted promotional marketing strategy and offers incentives, free sachets and discounts to increase its brand visibility and increase its market share.