Fabindia is a community owned private company of Indian origin. It belongs to retail and lifestyle sector and deals in accessories and apparels. The company has targeted middle-class and upper-class section of society as its possible customers interested in actual Indian products. The company has been a source of employment in rural India and has made it to the international platform with beautiful designs and skilled labour. Some of its important competitors are as follows-
- Cotton Emporium
- Khadi Gram Udyog
- Good Earth
- Type: Private Company
- Industry: Retail, fashion, home furnishings
- Founded: 1960
- Founder: John Bissell
- Headquarters: New Delhi, India
- Area served: India, United States
- Key people: William Bissell, Chairman, and Neeraj Bhargava, Managing Director
- Number of employees: 4,000+
Table of Contents
Product in the Marketing Mix Of Fabindia :
Fabindia is an Indian company and its portfolio includes authentic products made in India. Nearly forty thousand craftsmen and artisans from all over the country are responsible for these handmade ethnic products. Company caters its products to a diversified section and it includes-
- Kids- In this section there are saris, skirts, pants, dresses, lehenga sets, churidar sets and kurta for girls, long kurtas, pyjamas & churidars, jackets, shirts and short kurtas for boys, footwear for both and jewellery collection
- Men- It includes collections in Khadi, Indigo and Rajwada with apparels like sherwani, trousers, churidars, pants, jackets, shirts, t-shirts and kurtas along with a variety of footwear.
- Women- It includes shawls, jackets, mufflers, coats, blouses, dresses, salwar-kameez, palazzos, pants, shirts, skirts, dupattas, saris, lehenga, tunics and kurtas in apparel section along with footwear, bags and jewellery
- Home furnishings and gifts- It includes bath linens like towels and mats, floor coverings like foot mats, bed linen including quilts and covers for cushions and beds, table linen like runners, napkins and mats and giftware like stationary, lighting, decorative and tableware
- Furniture- Includes beds, wardrobe, dining table, dining chairs, cabinets, writing table, sofa, side table, book shelves and shoe racks
- Personal Care- Includes skin and hair care products like face packs, soaps, toners, lotions, body wash, shampoos, oils and face wash
- Organics- Includes coffee, teas, pickles, sweeteners, chutneys, seasonings & herbs, ghee, oil, spices, butter, sauces, candies, powdered drinks and ready2eat items like snacks and muesli
Place in the Marketing Mix Of Fabindia :
Fabindia is a chain store and was established in the year 1960 by John Bissell with its headquarters base in New Delhi, India. It started its operations as an exporter of home furnishings but later decided to open its first retail outlet in the year 1976 in New Delhi. Currently brand has an international presence through its retail outlets in several countries like Rome, Italy, Bahrain, Dubai and UAE and more than one hundred and forty-one domestic outlets spread all over India.
Its distribution network includes three segments- Institutional sales, wholesale exports and Fabindia stores. It has a continuous supply chain from rural India and has opened several online stores to meet the demands of its customers successfully from any place.
Price in the Marketing Mix Of Fabindia
Fabindia is a direct link between suppliers and distributors. It has launched premium products in the consumer market that are handmade and hence has taken a lot of time and effort compared to machine-made products. The company has adopted a value-added pricing policy for its products and as its customers are aware of the true value its policy has been a success.
Fabindia has actually adopted a product-line pricing policy and has established a price-level for each of its products. These range from high-low-medium. It has thus been successful in attracting customers from different sections of society. Fabindia has an annual turnover of nearly 500 crore rupees and it is a testimony to its growing demand that has resulted in greater revenues for the company.
Promotions in the Marketing Mix Of Fabindia :
Fabindia is a great believer in mouth publicity and depends on its loyal customers to become its advertising agents. The company does not offer discounts or bargain prices but has kept a fixed price for every individual item. It, however, allows EMI options in some high-priced items to its loyal customers. Fabindia has a marketing strategy that involves direct dealing with customers to make them aware of the authenticity and genuineness of the product. The company has taken help of print media to advertise its products through in-store posters, mobile marketing and advertorials. Fabindia has recognised the advantages of social media and has adopted an online marketing strategy to create visibility for its brand.
Liked this post? Check out the complete series on Marketing Mix