Brand Collaterals are the collection of media and promotional materials used to promote the brand in a significant manner in the market and to the consumers. It provides a valuable and crucial support to the sales and marketing of the products and services offered by the brand.
They work as the tangible evidence of the brand and are planned, designed, and executed in tandem with the core values, personality, and objectives of the brand.
Salient features of Brand Collaterals :
- They work as the marketing aide making the sales promotions and marketing tactics easier and effective.
- Brand Collaterals are one of the most tactical and integral parts of the overall brand planning and strategy.
- They are planned and designed with a specific objective in mind of enlightening the market and the consumers about the brand story and its offerings of products and services.
- Brand Collaterals display the core values and the overall personality of the brand and create the first impression in the minds of the customers with their design aesthetics, content, and other creative elements.
- The core team members of marketing and branding have the prime duty of planning, designing, and executing the Brand Collaterals right from liaising with the design and advertising agencies to the various printers. Usually, the company has a creative or a marketing director who is the final approving authority for all the collateral related process and provides mentoring and a way forward to the marketing and branding departments.
- Apart from hiring the renowned advertising and design agencies on board on the retainer model or project-based model, many corporate companies are setting up an in-house design team consisting of graphic designers, DTP operators, and content writers to design the Brand Collaterals. It results in the quick turnaround time and cost-effectiveness.
Various types of Brand Collaterals :
1) Business Cards
The business cards hold a very important place in the list of Brand Collaterals as they are the first item of tangible brand collaterals that get exchanged during the meetings with the various investors, vendors, and outside parties. Right from the top management to the executives of the company, all have their respective business cards showcasing the brand name, logo, address, call to action, title, and designation.
2) Stationary Items
Stationary items such as letterheads, envelopes, business dairies, notepads, pens, and other related items carry the brand logo, mascot, and tagline and are designed as per the finalized design theme of the brand keeping the creative aesthetics in mind. The paper quality used for the printing of letterheads and envelops is also selected as per the design elements and the nature and scale of the brand.
3) Corporate Brochure
Corporate brochure holds a significant place in the list of Brand Collaterals as it dedicatedly showcases the brand’s journey right from its inception, profile of the promoters and the key members of the management, mission statement, vision statement, core brand values, objectives, fundamentals, and the details of past, current, and upcoming products and services offered by the company.
It highlights the brand’s strengths and is usually circulated to the investor community and customers during the trade fairs, exhibitions, and during the point of sale.
4) Product or Service Brochure
Next comes in line is the specific and dedicated brochure talking about the products and services of the brand. Right from nature, features, unique selling propositions, manufacturing techniques of the products, and how it is beneficial for the customers to some crucial details of the brand and the company are highlighted in the brochure.
Apart from having the printed copies, other versions such as e-brochures and video brochures are also opted by the brand with the motive to be environmental friendly plus keeping the thorough pace with the technological advancements.
It is very important for every brand to have a well designed website of the company showcasing all the details right from the brand history, success stories, profile of the promoters and directors, offerings of products and services, core values of the brand, vision statement, mission statement, customer testimonials, to the contact details having company address, email addresses, and contact numbers along with the enquiry forms to generate the required leads.
Apart from above, the list of Brand Collaterals also includes packaging materials, powerpoint presentations, coffee table book, brand book, corporate videos, standees, signage’s, and other promotional materials that work as the tangible identity of the brand.
Importance of Brand Collaterals:
1) Provides information to customers
During the point of sale and purchase, it is very important for the sales staff of the company to present something in a tangible form to the customers that highlight the company details, brand values, and the specific details of the products and services offered in the form of pictures and content. It helps the sales staff to provide the information about the company in a capable manner plus attain the sales closure in an effective way.
Also, the customer carry’s the corporate and product brochures with him after the meeting with the sales staff and there is a wide possibility that he will circulate the same within his social circle that will further generate the word of mouth for the brand.
2) Promotional Tools
The Brand Collaterals are used as the promotional tools and items by the sales staff during the point of sale and purchase at the various events, trade shows, sponsored events, and exhibitions showcasing the brand profile, core values, USP’s and the offerings of products and services.
3) Showcases brand nature and values
The creative and design elements used in the planning, designing, and executing the Brand Collaterals talks a lot about the nature of the brand and its values giving it a competitive advantage in the market. Many a time, the customers judge the brand on the basis of the creative elements, print quality, and design aesthetics used in the various collaterals ranging from brochures, print advertisements, standees, and hoardings.
With the changing times and technological advancements, many brands are going environmental-friendly having websites, video brochures, and mobile applications as their primary Brand Collaterals.