Today’s generation is quite impressionable and hence in order to enhance their personality, or to meet social standards, they gravitate towards branded products that are creating a stir in the market. This brand image is simply an impression or an imprint of the brand developed over a period of time in the consumer’s mindset.
This image of a brand is ultimately a deciding factor that determines the product sales. The brand image is very important, as it is an accumulation of beliefs and views about that particular brand. The character and value of the brand is portrayed by its image, as it is the main component in the scheme of things.
The brand image is eventually the mirror through which the company’s key values are reflected.
Table of Contents
Example of brands with strong Brand image
Every brand tries to create an image that will take its company and products forward and for this, they spend lots of money and implement many creative ideas.
For example, Colgate is a brand name known in every Indian household. The brand has been able to create an image that defines trust, hope and belief. The consumer is convinced that the usage of Colgate products will give satisfactory results.
The mindset of customers is set that using Colgate toothpaste will take care of their teeth and using the product will result in better health and oral care. Thus, when in the market, the consumer will mostly buy Colgate, as the brand Colgate has been synonymous with trust. Similarly, if there is another brand image etched in the consumers mind, he will buy that particular product.
Other brands with strong brand image are
Even advertisements related to a brand try to build a strong image of the brand so as to get across the fact that the brand can be trusted and hence people can rely on them. A branded product that has an encouraging reputation and image saves a consumer’s time and energy.
As the brand is an established one, the clients are sure that, the products have already been tested and approved and now the company will provide them the best possible service and merchandise.
Advantages of building a strong brand image
- The perception of a consumer towards a particular brand is in direct relation to the image of the brand.
- Having a strong brand image directly impacts the consumer buying behavior, and hence premium brands as well as top brands have a target of building a strong and positive image of the brand.
- A positive brand image can make the decision process easier, thereby promoting a lot of repeat purchases as well as primary purchases.
- A promising brand image conveys the success of the product and gives results with increased sales and revenues.
- A positive image gives confidence to the customers as they feel that the brand is sincere and clear in its vision to create the best.
- It is possible to build brand image with strong advertisements because of which companies are promoting their products through various famous personalities to enhance their image of brand.
Problems of a good Brand Image
Let us count on the disadvantages first before getting into what all is good about brand image
- If an organization is unable to depict a satisfactory brand image, then the consequences can be felt quickly. The brand might fail in the short term itself if the brand image created is negative.
- The product is principally dependent on its brand image and unfavorable or negative image results in the disgrace of the company, and later on bringing the same brand becomes difficult.
- The main disadvantage of a brand image is that the brand and its products will always be identified with the image until further changes in the brand image are impelled.
- If in any circumstances the image is compromised, then sales and revenues will also be hampered and therefore it is necessary to gather a right team that will create and regularly maintain the brand image of a product.
Film stars like Priyanka Chopra, Ranbir Kapoor, Sonam Kapoor, Shahrukh Khan and Salman Khan, Sports stars like Sachin Tendulkar, M S Dhoni, and Virat Kohli are part of many advertisements. These personalities help to create and maintain valuable image for the brand that proves beneficial in the long run.
The main advantage is that a customer is secure in the knowledge that the brand is dependable and will provide him/her maximum benefits. The honor of a company is replicated by its brand image and it is this image that a person looks towards at. Hence, brand and its image are very important for the success of a company.
Liked this post? Check out the complete series on Branding