Table of Contents
What is Brand Packaging?
Brand packaging is the process of creating and designing the packaging for a brand that includes branding elements such as a logo, company name, or other marketing messages. It not only packages the product but also represents the brand identity. Brand packaging can be a great marketing tool to attract customers and communicate the message of the brand.
Custom boxes and mailer boxes are key examples of brand packaging solutions that can be used to make your products more visible and promote your brand story.
This includes everything from the materials used to the design and branding of the packaging. Brand packaging needs to be well-thought-out and reflect the brand identity to be successful.
Some things to consider when creating brand packaging are:
- What is the purpose of the packaging?
- What message do you want to communicate with the packaging?
- Who is your target audience?
- What kind of image do you want to create for your brand?
If you take the time to consider these things, you can create brand packaging that is not only attractive but also effective in marketing your product.
Why use Brand Packaging?
Some of the reasons why Brand Packaging is used are that it:
1. Helps to build the Brand image: One of the most important aspects of Brand Packaging is that it helps to build the image of the Brand. The packaging should reflect the Brand identity and values. It should be consistent with the other marketing materials used for the Brand.
2. Communicates the message of the Brand: The packaging should communicate the message of the Brand to the customer. It should be clear what the Brand is about and what the product does. The packaging should be designed in a way that makes it easy for the customer to understand.
3. Creates Brand recognition: Brand recognition is important to build a loyal customer base. If customers can easily recognize your Brand, they are more likely to purchase your product. Brand recognition can be created through the use of consistent branding on all marketing materials, including the packaging.
4. Attracts Customers: The packaging should be attractive to customers and stand out from the competition. It should be eye-catching and communicate the message of the Brand.
5. Makes the Brand stand out from the competition: There are many products on the market and it can be difficult to make your Brand stand out from the rest. Brand Packaging can be a great way to differentiate your Brand from the competition. If done well, it can make your Brand memorable and increase sales.
How to use Brand Packaging?
Brand packaging matters because it is one of the most important ways to communicate your brand identity to customers. Brand packaging can make a product more visible and promote your brand story. Brand packaging can also be used to develop sustainable packaging solutions. Sustainable packaging is defined as any type of packaging that minimizes environmental impact.
When you develop packaging solutions in a sustainable manner, they can be used to reduce waste, improve recycling rates, and increase the overall sustainability of your product. Custom packaging is used to develop specific packaging solutions that meet the unique needs of your product. Custom packaging can be used to improve the visibility of your product, protect your product during shipping, and provide a unique way to promote your brand.
Shipping boxes are used to protect products during shipping and handling. Shipping boxes can be used to improve the safety of your product and reduce the risk of damage during shipping. Free samples are promotional products that are given away for free to promote a product. Free samples can be used to attract new customers, build brand awareness, and increase sales.
The perfect packaging is the packaging that best meets the needs of your product. Perfect packaging can be used to improve the visibility of your product, protect your product during shipping, and provide a unique way to promote your brand.
What are some elements of Brand Packaging?
Many elements go into Brand Packaging. Some of the most important elements are
1. The design of the packaging
The design of the packaging is one of the most important aspects of Brand Packaging. It should be well-thought-out and reflect the Brand identity. The colors, fonts, and images used should all be consistent with the other marketing materials used for the Brand.
2. The materials used
The materials used for the packaging should be high quality and durable. They should also be eco-friendly if possible.
3. The branding of the packaging
The packaging should be branded with the Brand logo and colors. The branding should be consistent with the other marketing materials used for the Brand.
4. The printing of the packaging
The printing of the packaging should be of high quality. The printing should be consistent with the other marketing materials used for the Brand.
5. The packaging process
The packaging process should be well-thought-out and efficient. It should be done in a way that minimizes waste and maximizes efficiency.
Brand Packaging is an important aspect of Branding. It helps to build the Brand image, communicate the message of the Brand, create Brand recognition, attract Customers, and make the Brand stand out from the competition.
Brand Packaging should be well-designed and reflect the Brand identity. It should be made of high-quality materials and be branded with the Brand logo and colors. The packaging process should be efficient and minimize waste.
Key questions to ask before starting your Brand Packaging Project
- What are your Brand’s identity and values?
- What is the message you want to communicate with your Brand Packaging?
- How can you make your Brand Packaging stand out from the competition?
- What materials will you use for your Brand Packaging?
- How will you Brand your Brand Packaging?
- How will you print your Brand Packaging?
- How can you make your Brand Packaging process more efficient?
- What are your Branding goals for your Brand Packaging project?
If you are starting a Brand Packaging project, it is important to ask yourself these questions. Answering these questions will help you create Brand Packaging that is successful in achieving your Branding goals.
Steps involved in Brand Packaging Design Process
- Branding strategy: The first step in the Brand Packaging design process is to develop a Branding strategy. This should include a Brand audit, Brand identity development, and Brand positioning.
- Research: The second step in the Brand Packaging design process is to conduct research. This should include competitive analysis, target audience research, and trend research.
- Conceptualization: The third step in the Brand Packaging design process is to conceptualize the design. This should include generating ideas, sketching, and creating mood boards.
- Design development: The fourth step in the Brand Packaging design process is to develop the design. This should include creating prototypes, testing, and revising the design.
- Understanding packaging layers: The fifth step in the Brand Packaging design process is to understand packaging layers. This should include understanding material science, printing techniques, and finishing options.
- Brand guidelines: The sixth step in the Brand Packaging design process is to create Brand guidelines. This should include creating a Brand style guide and Brand usage guidelines.
- Creating information architecture: The seventh step in the Brand Packaging design process is to create information architecture. This should include creating a packaging hierarchy and labeling system.
- Pre-production: The eighth step in the Brand Packaging design process is to prepare for production. This should include creating artwork, preparing files for print, and identifying production partners.
- Production: The ninth step in the Brand Packaging design process is production. This should include sourcing materials, printing, and assembling the packaging.
- Quality control: The tenth step in the Brand Packaging design process is quality control. This should include inspecting the packaging, testing the packaging, and approving the packaging.
- Transportation and storage: The eleventh step in the Brand Packaging design process is transportation and storage. This should include considering packaging size and weight, transportation methods, and storage conditions.
- Post-production: This should include evaluating the packaging, conducting customer research, and making changes to the packaging.
Brand Packaging design is a process that involves many steps. By understanding these steps, you can create Brand Packaging that is successful in achieving your Branding goals.
Here is a video by Marketing91 on Brand Packaging.
Examples of best Brand Packaging
1. Brightland – unique brand packaging
Brightland is a unique Brand that focuses on creating olive oils that are healthy and flavorful. Their Brand Packaging is also unique, as it is made with 100% recycled materials. Brightland’s Brand Packaging is successful in representing its Brand and attracting customers.
Brightland used colors and curved text to redesign the olive oil experience. The new packaging displays the bottles beautifully, with colors from both the box design and label incorporated for a delightful visual experience.
2. Apple – The Pioneer
Apple is a Brand that is known for its innovative products and design. Its Brand Packaging is also innovative, as it uses minimal packaging to protect its products. Apple’s Brand Packaging is successful in representing its Brand and protecting its products.
The beauty of Apple’s packaging design is in its simplicity. The majority color is white with sharp lines and a classical elegance–which may sound ordinary, but that’s what makes it so special.
The idea of unpacking may have been started by Apple. The iPhone X unboxing video received nearly 10 million views, which is an impressive number.
3. Pottery with a Purpose – quirky Brand Packaging
Pottery with a Purpose is a Brand that sells pottery that is hand-painted and made in the USA. Its Brand Packaging is also quirky, as it uses colorful packaging to attract customers. Pottery with a Purpose’s Brand Packaging is successful in representing its Brand and attracting customers.
The packaging for Pottery with a Purpose is fun and colorful. The design features hand-painted pottery on the front of the box, which makes it eye-catching.
Inside every Pottery with a Purpose kit is a special message, and the whole package- product label and guide included- is filled with fun illustrations and colors. It’s straightforward but still adorable, using mainly its packaging to give off good vibes.
4. Acne Studios – Minimalism & Exposure
Acne Studios is a Brand that sells high-end fashion. Its Brand Packaging is also minimalist, as it uses simple packaging to expose its products. Acne Studios’ Brand Packaging is successful in representing its Brand and exposing its products.
Acne Studios’ packaging design is very minimalistic. The Brand uses black and white colors to give a clean look. The Brand’s logo is also exposed on the packaging, which helps customers identify the Brand.
The color salmon is calming, and the font in the logo looks clean and meshes well with the overall image. Furthermore, the design provides an innovative way to show off the product. Besides a small window in one of the walls, there is also an expendable box. This clever method gives a clearer view of the product.
5. Blueland – colorful Brand Packaging
Blueland is a Brand that sells eco-friendly cleaning products. Its Brand Packaging is also colorful, as it uses colorful packaging to attract customers. The packaging for Blueland’s cleaning products is very colorful. The Brand uses a variety of colors to make its products stand out on shelves.
By adding Blueland’s vibrant colors to its product packaging, the company made a huge first impression. The central placement of the blue cover and slogan also enforces Blueland’s mission statement of refilling rather than recycling. This not only protects their product but makes a great initial impact.
6. Happy Socks – Lively And Attractive
Happy Socks is a Brand that sells socks. Its Brand Packaging is also lively and attractive, as it uses colorful packaging to attract customers. The packaging for Happy Socks is very colorful.
Happy Socks puts its creativity into every aspect of its business, including the packaging design. The patterns are eye-catching and often inspired by a particular series of socks.
Happy Socks not only provides patterns and colors but also offers fun and creative packaging. For example, some of their boxes are crafted with paper and have unique imprints that perfectly fit a pair of socks!
7. Patagonia – efficient brand packaging
Patagonia is a Brand that sells outdoor clothing. Its Brand Packaging is also efficient, as it uses recycled materials to package its products. The packaging for Patagonia’s clothing is made from recycled materials.
Patagonia’s Brand Packaging is not only efficient but also stylish. Patagonia expresses its brand values of sustainability and functionality by shipping its products in unique, hexagonal cardboard boxes with no extra plastic or unnecessary packaging.
8. Le Parcel – Pastel Design
Le Parcel is a Brand that sells subscription boxes for women. Its Brand Packaging is also designed with pastel colors, as it uses pretty packaging to attract customers. The packaging for Le Parcel’s subscription boxes is very pretty.
Le Parcel’s Brand Packaging is designed with pastel colors to give a soft and romantic feel. The Brand’s logo is also exposed on the packaging, which helps customers identify the Brand.
Seven Fifty-Five was responsible for Le Parcel’s creative design. The packing materials were pastel pink and salmon, varying in size from branded poly mailers to cardboard boxes.
9. Allbirds – sustainable brand packaging
Allbirds is a Brand that sells sustainable shoes. Its Brand Packaging is also sustainable, as it uses recycled materials to package its products.
Allbirds’ shoes are carried in sleek, beautiful packaging that reflects the company’s sustainable values and sincere brand personality.
10. Girlfriend Collective – Eco-Friendly Inspiration
Girlfriend Collective is an environmentally-friendly company that produces high-quality clothing for women. The company prides itself on using recycled materials to produce its clothes.
This includes using recycled water bottles to make their leggings! Girlfriend Collective’s Brand Packaging is eco-friendly and inspired by nature. The Brand’s packaging is made from recycled materials and is very minimalistic.
Girlfriend Collective’s Brand Packaging reflects the company’s sustainable values. The Brand’s eco-friendly packaging is both stylish and functional.
Brand packaging is an important aspect of any product. It can affect the perceived value of the product and influence customer purchase decisions. Brand packaging should be designed to reflect the company’s values and product offerings.
It should be eye-catching and memorable, while also being practical and functional. A well-designed brand packaging can help to build customer loyalty and increase sales.
What do you think is the most important aspect of brand packaging? Let us know in the comments below!
Liked this post? Check out the complete series on Branding