Skoda is one of the leading car manufacturers across India and are known for their excellent products like Laura, Octavia and Yeti. The SWOT analysis of Skoda discusses the reason that the company is so strong against stiff competition as well as the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats for Skoda.
Strengths in swot analysis of skoda
- Skoda manufactured cars that their customers could enjoy, which is different from simply maximizing sales.
- Skoda branded them as a quality product that satisfies its customers.
- In customer satisfaction survey they asks owners what they feel about cars to those who have owned for at least six months
- Skoda has been in the top five manufacturers in this survey for the past 13 years.
- Skoda’s Octavia model has also won the 2008 Auto Express Driver Power ‘Best Car’.
Weaknesses in swot analysis of skoda
- Skoda has only 1.7% market share. This made it a very small player in the market for cars.
- Skoda still lacks a strong appeal.
- The cars had an image of poor vehicle quality, design, assembly, and materials.
- This poor perception also affected Skoda owners.
- High maintenance cost.
Opportunity in swot analysis of skoda
- Customers loved their cars more than owners of competitor brands, such as Renault or Ford.
- It must focuses on its existing strengths and can provide cars focused on the customer experience.
- It can enable to differentiate the Skoda brand to make it stand out from the competition.
Threats in swot analysis of skoda
- A competitor launching cheaper products. This made Skoda to lose its market share again.
- Skoda needs a strong product range to compete in India and also globally