The SWOT of Ferrero rocher discusses the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats for one of the deliciously packed and tastiest chocolates in the market – Ferrero rocher.
Strengths in the SWOT analysis of Ferrero Rocher
- Offers a quality and luxury product – The chocolates by Ferrero rocher are known to have the same taste, whichever part of the world you buy them.
- Awareness from the popular brand Ferrero brand
- Has captured huge amount of market share in boxed chocolates – The distribution of this chocolate is fantastic as it has reached far and wide and the boxes are available everywhere.
- Available in packaging of 3 nos, 12 nos, 18nos, 24 nos – the various package size are advantage as you can vary the sizes when gifting someone as per their importance.
- Considered as a ideal product for gifting – Very few chocolates have been able to achieve that because of the competition in that space. But cadbury and Ferrero Rocher lead in the gifting space.
- Ferrero Rocher gets a instant customer recognition due to its packaging – Another point which is commendable is that the chocolate melts rarely and at very high temperature, and even at room temperature the consistency is normal.
- Available in variety of new packages both for seasonal purpose and special events
- Ferrero Rocher brand has launched two new brands Ferrero Cappuccino and Ferrero Rond Noir.
Weaknesses in the SWOT analysis of Ferrero Rocher
- Highly priced – When compared to other alternatives, it is higher priced. But that is natural to achieve its premium image, But it does affect turnover.
- Not advertised – A big negative for Ferrero Rocher is that it is rarely advertised and hence it loses its market shares to other competitors due to affect on brand recall.
- Perception of chocolates being unhealthy in majority of masses
- Not available easily
Opportunities in the SWOT analysis of Ferrero Rocher
- The introduction on new flavors will help in gaining more market share
- Increase in the usage of internet – Advertisements can be done on the net or even on other media vehicles so as to increase demand. It should make use of the recent E-commerce wave.
- Increase in the demand of the three piece impulsive pack
Threats in the SWOT analysis of Ferrero Rocher
- Imitation of Ferrero Rocher
- Bad economy cycles
- High competition from other chocolate brands
- Increasing trends of Nutri-bars replacing chocolates – A major threat to the likes of Ferrero Rocher whose brand equity depends only on its chocolates.