The Marketing mix of Easy Jet analyses the 7Ps of Easy Jet, which includes the Product, Price, Place, Promotion, people, physical evidence, and process of Easy Jet. EasyJet is a British low-cost airline carrier based at London Luton Airport. Established in 1995 by entrepreneur Sir Stelios Haji-Ioannou, it has grown to become one of Europe’s leading budget airlines, offering competitive fares across a vast network of domestic and international routes. EasyJet operates with the principle of making travel affordable and accessible, focusing on efficiency, a straightforward customer experience, and maintaining a strong presence in critical airports across Europe. The airline is known for its orange logo. It significantly impacts European air travel by encouraging the proliferation of short-haul flights at low costs, challenging traditional airlines on price and service.
About Easy Jet
- Type: Airline
- Industry: Aviation
- Founded: March 1995
- Founder: Stelios Haji-Ioannou
- Headquarters: Luton, United Kingdom
- Area served: Europe
- Key people: Carolyn McCall (Chairman) and Johan Lundgren (CEO)
- Number of employees: Over 13,000+ Worldwide
Table of Contents
Easy Jet Product Strategy
Easy Jet is a flight and hotel booking services company located in London. The benefits of company Easy Jet being online and on Teletext means that they provide better margins; this is where they are dedicated to customers digitally.
EasyJet offers a diverse product mix designed to cater to the varying needs of its passengers. This full mix of EasyJet includes various services that enhance the travel experience, from essential flight services to additional conveniences.
The new Product Mix of Easy Jet in 2024 is as follows (Source).
- Flight Services: At its core, EasyJet provides one-way and return flight services across a vast network of domestic and international destinations. The airline’s model focuses on efficiency and affordability, making air travel accessible to a broad audience??.
- Holiday Packages: EasyJet goes beyond just flights by offering comprehensive holiday packages. These packages often include flights, hotel stays, and sometimes even car rental services to provide a seamless travel experience for holidaymakers looking for convenience and value??.
- Business Travel Solutions: Recognizing the needs of business travelers, EasyJet offers tailored services such as flexible fares, fast-track security, and other perks designed to make business travel more efficient and less stressful.
- Car Rental and Airport Transfers: EasyJet allows passengers to rent a car at their destination in partnership with car rental services. Airport transfer services are also offered, ensuring travelers have a smooth connection from the airport to their final destination??.
- Group Bookings and EasyJet Plus Cardholder Benefits: For groups of 15 or more, EasyJet offers the convenience of group bookings, which includes benefits like shared baggage allowance and the option for members to sit together. EasyJet Plus cardholders enjoy additional perks, such as speedy boarding, seat selection, and extra cabin bag allowances, enhancing the travel experience for frequent flyers.
Easy Jet Place Strategy
Not solely online, but the majority of sales are online so that Easy Jet will concentrate on this target market. Today, technology allows us to sell more goods to fewer people, which is far more efficient than selling fewer goods to more people. Peppers and Rodgers confirm this in their Marketing concept. Peppers, an advertising and marketing executive, and Rogers, a marketing scholar, their concepts addressed the “one-to-one marketing” marketing field and how it concentrates on providing services or products to one customer at a time. This is by identifying and then meeting their individual needs. It then aims to repeat this many times with each customer so consumers feel relationships are in place when perhaps they are forged.
Here’s Easy Jet’s place strategy.
- Global Reach via Online Platform: EasyJet leverages the internet’s global reach, enabling customers to book flights conveniently through its website. This digital approach allows EasyJet to serve passengers worldwide, making air travel bookings just a click away????.
- Multi-Channel Distribution: Besides online bookings, EasyJet tickets can also be purchased through traditional travel agents or directly at the airport. This multi-channel distribution strategy ensures accessibility to various customers, catering to different preferences and needs????.
- Extensive Route Network: EasyJet flies to over 150 destinations, providing travelers many choices. Its extensive route network, centered around its UK base at Luton International Airport, offers significant flexibility and convenience for leisure and business travelers????.
- Integration with Global Distribution Systems (GDS): EasyJet’s fares and schedules are integrated with global distribution systems, broadening its reach to travel agencies and corporate travel systems worldwide. This strategy enhances its visibility and accessibility in the global travel marketplace.
- Innovative Use of Technology for Accessibility: The airline’s adoption of newer technologies, like its mobile app, further simplifies the booking and management of flights. This use of technology aligns with modern consumer expectations for ease and efficiency in travel planning??.
Easy Jet Pricing Strategy
With the Easyjet airline and Jet being on the internet for such an extended period, it means it has cut out aspects such as “the post,” this is because tickets and boarding passes are now emailed to customers or printable online; the companies are, therefore “cutting out the middleman.”
EasyJet employs a dynamic and strategic approach to pricing that is central to its positioning as a leading low-cost carrier in the aviation industry. This pricing strategy is designed to offer competitive rates while maintaining profitability and market share remain competitive. Here’s an in-depth look at EasyJet’s pricing strategy.
- Low-Cost Pricing Model: At the heart of EasyJet’s pricing strategy is the low-cost model, which aims to offer consumers air travel at the lowest possible price point. This approach is achieved by minimizing operational costs and passing these savings on to the customers. EasyJet’s efficient use of its aircraft fleet and direct sales channels (mainly its website) are critical factors in its ability to offer competitive pricing????.
- Dynamic Pricing Mechanism: EasyJet utilizes a dynamic pricing mechanism where ticket prices fluctuate based on demand, booking lead time, and seasonality. Prices typically increase as the departure date approaches or the flight fills up, encouraging early bookings to secure lower fares. This pricing strategy maximizes revenue on each flight and manages demand efficiently????.
- Segmented Pricing Options: Recognizing the diverse needs of its customer base, EasyJet offers segmented pricing options that cater to different market segments. This includes basic fares for cost-conscious travelers and flexible fares with added benefits for business travelers and those seeking more convenience and flexibility. This segmentation allows EasyJet to capture a wider audience while offering tailored value propositions to different customer groups??.
- Ancillary Revenue Generation: An integral part of EasyJet’s pricing strategy is the generation of ancillary revenue by selling additional services such as checked baggage, seat selection, priority boarding, and car rentals. These optional extras provide customers personalized travel experiences while contributing significantly to EasyJet’s overall revenue????.
- Promotional and Seasonal Offers: EasyJet employs various promotional and seasonal offers to stimulate demand during off-peak periods or to introduce new routes. These offers are strategically designed to attract price-sensitive customers and fill seats that would otherwise go unsold, optimizing load factors and revenue.
Easy Jet Promotion Strategy
Easy Jet’s website is offered through various search engine, engines and travel/flight comparison websites, this is both advertising and selling their service. They also send members emails with promotional offers.
Some Recent Video ads and Print ads for Easy Jet are:
Easy Jet People Strategy
On the Easyjet website and Jet’s website, they have sections, such as blogs, FAQs, and a whole section dedicated to customer service to try and give consumers a sense that even though they are online, they still have some form of contact with Easy Jet.
In the service marketing mix, the “People” aspect of customer information is crucial, especially for customer-centric businesses like EasyJet. Here’s how the EasyJet marketing strategy emphasizes the “People” component of its service marketing mix.
- Customer-Centric Staff Training: EasyJet invests in comprehensive training programs for its staff, focusing on customer service excellence. This training ensures that all employees, from flight attendants to ground staff, have the skills to provide high-quality service and efficiently handle customer inquiries. The emphasis is on creating a positive and welcoming experience for passengers, reinforcing EasyJet’s reputation as a customer-focused airline.
- Employee Empowerment: EasyJet empowers its employees to make decisions that improve customer satisfaction. This approach encourages staff to take initiative in resolving issues and go above and beyond to meet passenger needs. Empowered employees are more engaged and motivated, improving overall service quality and customer experiences.
- Professional and Friendly Crew: The professionalism and friendliness of EasyJet’s crew are central to its service delivery. Crew members are selected and trained for their operational roles and ability to interact positively with passengers. This focus on friendly and professional service helps to create a pleasant and comfortable atmosphere for travelers??.
- Feedback and Continuous Improvement: EasyJet strongly emphasizes customer feedback to improve its services continuously. The airline actively seeks input from passengers about their travel experience and uses this feedback to make adjustments and enhancements. This commitment to listening and adapting to customer needs demonstrates the importance of people, both employees and passengers, in EasyJet’s service marketing mix.
- Diverse and Inclusive Workforce: EasyJet is committed to diversity and inclusion. The airline benefits from various perspectives and ideas by fostering an inclusive culture and enhancing creativity and innovation in service delivery. A diverse workforce also helps EasyJet cater to a broad and varied customer base, understanding and meeting the needs of passengers from different backgrounds and cultures.?
Easy Jet Process Strategy
In EasyJet’s service marketing strategy mix, the “Process” aspect is critical in delivering efficient and customer-friendly services. This dimension focuses on EasyJet’s systems and procedures to make customer relationship management ensure seamless service delivery from booking to landing. Here’s an overview of the critical elements that define EasyJet’s process.
- Online Booking System: EasyJet’s online booking system is streamlined and user-friendly, allowing customers to search for flights, compare prices easily, and book tickets without hassle. The website and mobile app support real-time bookings and provide all necessary information, including flight details, baggage allowances, and special requests, facilitating a straightforward and efficient booking process??.
- Check-in and Boarding Procedures: EasyJet has simplified its check-in and boarding processes to enhance convenience for passengers. Online check-in is available, reducing the need for early airport arrival and waiting in long lines. The boarding process is organized and communicated clearly, with options for priority boarding available to passengers who prefer added convenience??.
- Customer Service and Support: EasyJet offers multiple channels for customer service and support, including a comprehensive FAQ section on its website, customer service hotlines, and assistance desks at airports. The airline’s customer service approach focuses on accessibility and efficiency, ensuring passengers can quickly resolve their queries or issues??.
- Baggage Handling and Management: The process for handling and managing baggage is designed to be smooth and hassle-free. EasyJet provides clear guidelines on baggage allowances and options for additional luggage, ensuring that passengers are well-informed before they travel. The airline also employs efficient baggage check-in and retrieval systems, minimizing wait times and inconvenience??.
- Operational Efficiency: Behind the scenes, EasyJet focuses on operational efficiency to ensure on-time departures and arrivals. This includes optimized flight scheduling, aircraft turnaround processes, and maintenance operations. EasyJet can offer reliable service and maintain customer satisfaction?by prioritizing operational efficiency.
Easy Jet Physical Evidence Strategy
Although Easy Jet is a company based mainly online now, Easy Jet is still booked through travel agents or in the airport itself. Physically offline, Easy Jet has recently, in the previous few months, been advertising in Sainsbury’s stores by staff (uniformed Easy Jet T-shirts), advertising their new partnership. Physical evidence online differs; they have aspects such as a “security icon” and policies in place, which gives consumers a sense of security when booking their tickets online.
In the context of EasyJet’s service marketing mix pricing strategies, “Physical Evidence” refers to the marketing mix of tangible and intangible elements that customers experience and associate with the airline. This aspect is crucial as it helps to shape perceptions and reinforce the brand’s value proposition. Here’s an exploration of the physical evidence that characterizes EasyJet.
- Branding and Visual Identity: EasyJet’s bright orange color scheme and modern logo are instantly recognizable and serve as physical solid evidence of the brand. This consistent visual identity is applied across all customer touchpoints, including aircraft livery, staff uniforms, and marketing materials, helping to create a cohesive and memorable brand experience??.
- Aircraft Interior and Comfort: The interior design of EasyJet’s aircraft, including the seating arrangement, cleanliness, and overall cabin comfort, is physical evidence of the airline’s commitment to a pleasant travel experience. The airline’s focus on maintaining a modern and efficient fleet also reassures passengers of their safety and comfort during flights??.
- Digital Presence: EasyJet’s website and mobile app are critical elements of its physical evidence, offering a seamless digital experience for booking, check-in, and flight management. These digital platforms are designed to be user-friendly and informative, providing all the information and functionalities passengers need to plan and manage their travel??.
- Airport Experience: The check-in desks, boarding gates, and signage bearing the EasyJet brand at airports contribute to the physical evidence. These elements, along with the efficiency and friendliness of the airport staff, play a significant role in shaping the customer’s perception of the airline before they even board the aircraft??.
- Customer Communications: Boarding passes, booking confirmations, and other communication materials from EasyJet, whether digital or printed, are part of the airline’s physical evidence. The clarity, design, and information of these communications reflect the airline’s attention to detail and commitment to customer service??.
Liked this post? Check out the complete series on Marketing Mix