Naukri.com was one of the first job portals to really achieve success in India. And as it goes in online marketing, the first mover advantage is still strong with Naukri.com and it is still the number 1 job portal in India by far. Here is the SWOT analysis of Naukri.com.
Table of Contents
Strengths in the SWOT analysis of Naukri.com
- naukri.com has the first mover advantage. It is still paying off till date with naukri having the best brand recall in terms of job portals.
- The site design has received great acceptance among Indians. (better than monster and timesjobs)
- It has the experience of being in the market for almost a decade.
- It has a large market share while monsterindia and Timesjobs are far behind.
- It ranked as India’s number one job site on all parameters — page view, reach, and traffic.
- It has the advantage of a clear revenue model since its inception. While it has a few services that are free to both job seekers and job providers, the majority of their services are paid for by the recruiters.
- It has a very committed team. This is clear from the visits made by them to establish contact.
- It is known to have one of the best work atmospheres.
Weaknesses in the SWOT analysis of Naukri.com
- It has a large number of employees and hence the company incurs a high cost for managing salesforce.
- There is a high level of attrition.
- Employer Branding on Naukri.com is hardly visible which is a major product flaw on the portal
Opportunities in the SWOT analysis of Naukri.com
- Internet users are increasing day by day. Approximately, 7.5 million urban Indians are using the net.
- Further, with broadband infrastructure being rolled out, there are more opportunities on the net.
- The scope of online recruitment is, therefore, increasing. Like any other online recruitment company, it has the advantage of being a low cost medium of recruitment.
- SHIKSHA.com and JEEVANSAATHI.com are the group portals of naukri.com and have great potential
- The online opportunity for hiring in India is growing at 80-90 per cent each year.
THREATS in the SWOT analysis of Naukri.com
- Chances are that many more potential competitors may gain entry into the market.
- It is quite possible that any one of the players may also provide value-added services to clients like conducting preliminary interviews, etc.
- Sabotaging the existing clients of naukri.com by its competitors recently and luring them with more listing and other value-added services at slightly more premium can have a long term negative impact. While this issue can be tack-led out by naukri.com, if it continues, it may result in erosion of market advantage and loss of customer confidence on a single job portal i.e Naukri and hence loss of brand loyalty.
Liked this post? Check out the complete series on SWOT