The Marketing mix of IMRB International analyses the 4Ps of IMRB International, including Product, Price, Place, and Promotions. IMRB International is a subsidiary of its parent company, Kantar Group, Hindustan Thompson Associates. It is a multi-country firm specializing in business consultancy, surveys, and market research. IMRB is part and parcel of WPP’s global markets insights, research, and consultancy network. It was founded in 1970 to offer research services to its owner, Hindustan Thompson Associates. It faces lots of competition from the following rival companies-
- Hansa Research
- Majestic MRSS
- RNB Research
- Market Xcel
About IMRB International
- Type: Market research
- Industry: Market research
- Founded: 1970
- Founder: Hindustan Thompson Associates
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Area served: South Asia, the Middle East and North Africa
- Key people: N. Chandrasekaran (Chairman) and Vikas Gupta (CEO)
- Number of employees: 1,200
Table of Contents
IMRB International Product Strategy
IMRB International has several units of operations in specialized areas: rural marketing, social marketing, retail marketing research,-research marketing, business-to-business marketing, media research marketing, industrial marketing, and consumer marketing. Abacus Field handles field operations of IMRB International’s business division through a strong distribution channel that includes 15 regional offices. It is responsible for quality control, administration, and recruitment of survey responses.
IMRB International, part of Kantar Group, specializes in various areas of market research and customer and business consultancy.
- Specialized units in rural marketing, social marketing, retail research marketing, business-to-business marketing, media research marketing, industrial marketing, and consumer marketing.
- Customized research services like branding studies, usage studies, product testing, concept testing, public-opinion research, label and packaging research, need assessment studies, and market segmentation studies.
- Syndicated research reports and products such as MarketPulse, RAM, and WAM (audience measurement systems), ICube and ITops (syndicated research reports), and TGI India (media information and marketing data).
IMRB International Place Strategy
IMRB International is a global corporation with a network spread over nearly fifteen countries and thirty-two cities. Its headquarters is in Mumbai, India. IMRB is a leading insights and research provider across North America, the Middle East, and South Asia. It has a strong distribution channel in international markets. It operates through associates, joint ventures, and offices in the United Kingdom, UAE, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Saudi Arabia, the Netherlands, Malaysia, Japan, India, Hong Kong, Egypt, Australia, and Bangladesh.
The company has nearly twelve hundred employees to provide interpretation skills, execution, and strategic thinking. For example, IMRB International operates through its offices in India, offering complete services in Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata, Delhi, and Mumbai. It is aided by fifteen regional centers that help to collect survey information.
IMRB International’s place strategy involves a global network and strategic office locations to facilitate its international market research and consultancy operations. Here’s a concise summary:
- Global Network: IMRB International operates in around fifteen countries, offering global reach for its research and consultancy services.
- Multiple City Presence: It is in over thirty-two cities, ensuring local market insights and regional expertise.
- Headquarters in Mumbai: The company’s central operations are managed from its headquarters in Mumbai, India.
- Diverse Geographical Coverage: IMRB operates across regions including North America, the Middle East, South Asia, and beyond, providing insights into various market conditions.
- Robust Distribution Channels: Utilizes a combination of associates, joint ventures, and personal offices in strategic locations for effective distribution and field operations.
IMRB International Pricing Strategy
IMRB International accounts for nearly 2 billion dollars in revenues and occupies the second position in terms of sales as the largest corporation for market research. The company has resources for data collection via nationwide surveys. It has put particular emphasis on increasing productivity and minimizing operating costs. The right price is as essential to a company as breathing is to a body because one cannot survive without the other.
The brand has adopted premium pricing because it knows clients can afford its services. Its prices are a bit higher than those maintained by its rival companies. Still, paying high fees to IMRB International is beneficial because the company will later help it attain its goals at minimum expenses. The company offers customers the best solutions and services and thus has maintained a value-added pricing policy for its clients.
IMRB International’s pricing services marketing strategy can be summarized in the following points:
- Premium Pricing: IMRB adopts a premium pricing strategy, reflecting its high-quality services and expertise in the market research industry.
- Value-Added Pricing: The company emphasizes offering value-added services, justifying its higher pricing than some competitors.
- Customized Solutions: IMRB’s pricing also reflects the customization and specificity of solutions offered to its clients.
- Competitive Strategy: Despite its premium pricing, IMRB ensures its services remain competitive in the market research.
- Client-Centric Approach: The pricing model focuses on delivering solutions that help clients achieve their goals efficiently.
IMRB International Promotion Strategy
IMRB International is a commendable company defined as the Best Market Research Company. Over the years, the company has focused on various fields and acquired numerous multinational clients. It has played an essential role in the rise and development of several major brands in India, like Dabur, Godrej, Bingo Chips, and Marico. Currently, it provides support to nearly forty top-selling brands.
As part of its marketing strategy in 2002, it underwent a rebranding process by adopting a new logo and website and changing its company name from the Indian Market Research Bureau to its present name, IMRB International. It has also been a training ground for industry leaders like Meena Kaushik, Ranjit Chib, and Dorab Sopariwala.
Some Recent Video ads and Print ads for IMRB International are:
Liked this post? Check out the complete series on Marketing Mix