Cadbury is a subsidiary of its parent company Mondelez International. It is associated with the food industry and was founded in the year 1824 by its founder John Cadbury. This confectionary company is of British origin and has the distinction of being ranked at second largest in the world. Mondelez International is currently the owner company of both Cadbury and Oreo and it has merged the two products Cadbury with Oreo to offer healthy and yummy products. It faces competition from the following-
- Parle Hide n seek
- ITC Sunfeast Sandwich Biscuits
- Britannia Bourbon
About Cadbury Oreo
- Type: Cookie
- Industry: Food and beverage
- Founded: 2012
- Founder: Mondelez International
- Headquarters: Deerfield, Illinois, United States
- Area served: Worldwide
- Key people: Dirk Van de Put (Chairman) and Dirk Van de Put (CEO)
- Number of employees: 100,000+
Table of Contents
Product in the Marketing mix of Cadbury Oreo
Cadbury has integrated with Oreo to offer delicious and tasty products. The company is offering chocolate lovers new variants and hence has launched several items that include-
- Cadbury Dairy Milk Oreo Bar – Creamy and delicious milk chocolate integrated with vanilla flavor filling crunchy pieces of Oreo.
- Cadbury Big Taste Oreo Crunch Chocolate Bar – It is a 300 gm chocolate bar with the crunchy center of Oreo biscuit and layered with vanilla cream and lastly smothered in milk chocolate.
- Cadbury Dairy Milk Oreo Mini Eggs – A bag of chocolate eggs filled with a creamy center and crunchy Oreo flavor.
- Cadbury Oreo Bites – It is available in the 110-gram pack and a case of 10. The pack includes small pieces of Cadbury bite-size that have been filled with crunchy and creamy Oreo filling.
- Cadbury Dairy Milk Oreo Sandwich – It is available in the 92-gram pack in cases of 15. A layer of Dairy milk chocolate from Cadbury has been sandwiched between the Oreo biscuits.
- Cadbury Oreo Chocolate Sandwich Biscuits- It is available in a pack of 120 gm. Smooth and rich vanilla crème is layered between twin crunchy wafers of chocolate.
- Cadbury Oreo Chocolate Crème Biscuit – It is a family pack and chocolate crème is layered between twin crunchy wafers of chocolate.
- Cadbury Golden Oreo Biscuits, Vanilla Crème – Rich vanilla crème is layered between twin sweet and golden wafers.
- Cadbury Oreo Biscuits, original – It is available in a pack size of 50 gm. Smooth and rich vanilla crème is layered between twin crunchy wafers of chocolate.
- Cadbury Oreo Chocolate Crème Biscuit – Originally the pack weighs 120 gm but as it offers 25% extra its total weight is now 150 gm. This is a delicious pack where smooth and rich chocolate crème is layered as a sandwich between twin crunchy wafers of chocolate.
- Cadbury Oreo Strawberry Crème Biscuit Family Pack – It is available in a pack size of 120 gm. Smooth and rich crème of strawberry flavor is layered as a sandwich between twin crunchy wafers of chocolate.
Place in the Marketing mix of Cadbury Oreo
Cadbury has spread its product presence to nearly fifty countries in the world and operates via its headquarters base at Uxbridge in London. It started its operations from Birmingham in the United Kingdom and has captured several overseas markets like the United Kingdom, United States, India, Ireland, Australia, Canada, and New Zealand.
Its production facilities are located at Brazil, India, and China. Its main production site is at Bournville. Cadbury has manufacturing facilities in Induri, Thane, Baddi, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Malanpur in India with its head office in Mumbai and sales office at Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai and New Delhi.
Cadbury’s Oreo has decided to use the distribution network of its parent company for successful distribution of its product items. The company follows the age-old system that includes the products being transferred from manufacturing facilities by C&F agents to distributors and from them to retailers and lastly to the customers.
The products are easily available in the consumer market in grocery stores, corner shops, malls, hypermarkets, supermarkets, food bazaars, amusement parks, multiplexes, and café.
Price in the Marketing mix of Cadbury Oreo
With its partnership, Cadbury’s Oreo is looking for recruiting new customers and penetrating further markets. Its target includes children and adults who are quality conscious. The company has positioned itself as number one selling brand and hence has adopted a mid-premium pricing policy for its product items. As it offers qualitative goods it is sure of its customer loyalty and has been able to manage mid-premium pricing successfully.
The brand also wants to venture into further markets and hence has adopted a penetration pricing policy. As it is a high-quality product it generally has targeted customers from urban cities. People who are quality conscious do not have a problem with its prices and hence the brand has been successful in generating high revenue figures.
Promotions in the Marketing mix of Cadbury Oreo
Cadbury’s Oreo partnership has launched aggressive marketing campaigns that include advertising tools like in-store activity, out-of-home advertising, digital advertising and PR activities. The company has paid special emphasis on creating ad campaigns that are world class. The brand is trying to forge a lasting connection with its customers and hence is determined to create and launch ads that are meaningful.
It has taken help of every advertising tool at its disposal and has launched ad campaigns via print media, visual media, and digital media in newspapers, magazines, via leaflets, hoardings, billboards, radio, television and even sides of vehicles. The company has put its primary focus on television and advertises via every channel at both national and local levels. Cadbury’s Oreo has utilized electronic media via audios and videos to garner brand awareness.
It recognizes the positive impact of social media platform and hence advertises heavily via Facebook page, YouTube and its own official website. Point of purchase displays and the product placement is an important factor that helps in attracting customers to its shelves. The brand has allotted special salespersons that are trained to offer assistance immediately.
Cadbury’s Oreo participates in events so as to interact with its customers directly. It organizes small-scale interaction points at malls, schools or amusement parks to engage its customers. The company realizes the importance of sponsoring community activities and encourages its employees to take part in community affairs.
In India, the company has launched an advertising scheme under which an Oreotogetherness Bus will travel across cities like Mysore, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Lucknow, Pune, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Mumbai and New Delhi to create positive brand awareness.
Liked this post? Check out the complete series on Marketing Mix