SWOT Analysis of Kingfisher Airlines
The SWOT of Kingfisher airlines discusses the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of one of the leading Indian airline companies. Kingfisher airlines has received flak recently due to its low margins and has been involved in several controversies.
1. STRENGTHS in the SWOT analysis of Kingfisher Airlines
- Strong brand value and reputation in the minds of the consumer
- UB group as the parent company
- First Indian airline to have a new fleet of planes
- Quality service and innovation
- More than 80 destinations
- Less than 100 people (employees) per aircraft
2. WEAKNESSES in the SWOT analysis of Kingfisher Airlines
- Still in RED (still to Break Even)
(An outstanding of 950crs only to oil marketing cos till may end )
- High ticket pricing (KF First & Class)
- Tough competition from Indian as well as international players
3. OPPORTUNITIES in the SWOT analysis of Kingfisher Airlines
- If able to survive for a couple of years, then can have a big market share
- Untapped International Markets
- Untapped cargo market
- Expanding tourism business
4. THREATS in the SWOT analysis of Kingfisher Airlines
- Falling demand
- Over capacity in the skies
- ATF prices
- Economic slowdown
- Infrastructure issues
Alternatively, check out the Marketing91 Academy, which provides you access to 10+ marketing courses and 100s of Case studies.
Henok Wondafrash says
Do you have SWOT and PESTLE analysis of Ethiopian Airlines?
Appreciate if Yes.