The SWOT of Colors discusses the internal analysis for one of the leading General entertainment channel in India – Colors. Colors has several aces up its sleeves. Let us discuss the SWOT analysis of Colors.
- Channel is not cluttered in terms of content of the shows and the TG. They know who their TG is and they are using their means well to attain the TRP’s.
- Successful in its 1st year of launch is a great achievement.
- Prime time slot is doing amazingly well because of Balika Vadhu and now India’s Got Talent.
- Content of their shows very different from Saas Bahu serials which is helping them.
- Mass appeal – to the rural and urban India at the same time.
- Not many shows of COLORS are catering to the youth. So a major chuck of audience is lost.
- Second, they do not have tie-up with every DTH service provider India. Example: In North India where currently they do not have any set-up.
- Untapped TG between 16 to 24 years, basically the TG of Star One with youth based shows. COLORS can come up with youth based shows.
- Opportunity lies again with being the No.1 GEC in India with continuous development and inceptions of new shows to cater to a different TG.
- Not stable at No.1 position. Each week the TRP’s of COLORS are changing. It is a major threat for them because the competition from Star Plus is big with Sach Ka Saamna, Bidaai and Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai. Need to stabilize at No.1 for a longer duration.
- COLORS does not have big television faces like Rajeev Khandelwal, Smriti Irani, etc. Audiences still love them and if COLORS take this lightly it could be a major threat for them in the near future.
Liked this post? Check out the complete series on SWOT