Amul has been a game-changing company in India. The company is based in Anand, Gujarat and was established in 1948. Amul milk is used in almost all urban households of India, and it is a well-known product. Amul products are also available in 60 countries all over the world.
Amul milk has been the leader in the white revolution of India and has established itself as the largest food brand in India. Amul milk comes in different variants which makes it extra special and useful to its consumers. It also provides lactose-free milk for people who are lactose intolerant.
Other than milk Amul also produces a product like cheese, butter, paneer, etc. Amul milk is produced through the various industries that they have throughout India, and the milk is sourced from
Strengths in the SWOT analysis of Amul Milk
Strengths are the building blocks of a company, and they have helped the company to achieve a place in the country. The strength is the point of difference they have with other companies. Here are the strengths of Amul Milk:
- Variety of their products: The Company has made it possible to have numerous types of milk. Amul milk is found in variants like Amul Gold, Amul Tazza, and Amul Slim n’ Trim, Amul spray for infants and much more based on the region. They also produce UHT treated milk packed in Tetra pack to increase the shelf life of milk.
- Strong advertisements: Amul milk has one of the best advertisements in India. Almost every urban citizen is aware of the Amul girl that they use for advertising. They produce her being relevant to the things happening in the country.
- High Product Quality: Amul milk has a distinct taste and very good quality. The milk is pasteurized in a hygienic way and is sourced from local cows with a good diet. The plastic it is packed in is good, and they treat the milk in best of the factories.
- An initiative with a cause: Amul milk is sourced from farmers who produce the best quality milk. This helps the farmers get the money that they deserve, and Amul gets to produce their milk products.
- Strong distribution and supply chain: Amul milk particularly Amul Tazza can be found all over India. All the milk shops have them because of the need that the company has created in the market.
- Keeping up with the trend: Amul milk is following the trends for a long time. They have produced the slim n’ trim variant for the health conscious people. Just like that the lactose-free milk is also quite helpful for people who are allergic to it.
Weaknesses in the SWOT analysis of Amul Milk
Weaknesses are the qualities that a company is currently lacking. Understanding those help the company in growing more. Here are some weaknesses of Amul milk.
- Rising market of competitors: The competitors of Amul milk are rising. Companies like Britannia, Go, Nestle and Mother Dairy are also getting ahead in the game.
- Expensive Price: Amul milk variants tend to be priced higher than other companies. The reason Amul claims is due to their quality, but often consumers pick the lower priced variant just because of the affordability.
- Tackling the Rural Market: The people residing in the rural belt like to have raw cow’s milk more than the pasteurized version. Better knowledge of them would increase the market.
Opportunities in the SWOT analysis of Amul Milk
Opportunities are the point where the company can get better to do well in the market. This helps a company in growing better and here are some of the points where Amul can work on:
- Increase in the distribution: Amul can introduce more type of milk variants which people will like. They need to distribute it to parts that haven’t been touched yet. They should also look for distributing the milk to various other countries.
- Initiatives in the Rural Belt: Amul milk should reach the rural areas to teach them about the need of drinking pasteurized milk. This would help them broaden the market much more.
- Adding new variants: Indians are evolving in their taste, and they do want to new options. Amul should definitely look into produce Almond milk and Coconut milk which is gaining popularity day by day.
- Reduction in price: As discussed above there are some price differences. Amul milk can be repackaged into small variants to catch people’s attention.
Threats in the SWOT analysis of Amul Milk
- Competitors: Competitors may possess a threat to the company if they are able to produce more variants. People may go for the offers that other companies are providing them with.
- Myth-busting of consumption of milk: Several articles are claiming that consumption of milk is unnecessary. So if the thought spreads, it may harm Amul Milk.
- The diet and state of the cows: This wasn’t a concern before, but with the upsurge of organic and grass-fed items people are questioning. Amul milk should state the diet of the cows for a better market.
Alternatively, check out the Marketing91 Academy, which provides you access to 10+ marketing courses and 100s of Case studies.