The Marketing mix of JEEP analyses the 4Ps of JEEP, which includes the Product, Price, Place, and Promotion of JEEP. JEEP is an American-origin brand currently a division company of FCA US LLC, a subsidiary of its parent company, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. It was founded in 1941 and came under the umbrella of its parent company in 1987. Jeep is associated with the automobile industry and deals with several vehicles. Some of its leading rival companies are as follows-
- Mini Pajero
- Suzuki Gypsy
- Toyota Rav4
- Type: Automobile
- Industry: Automotive
- Founded: 1941
- Founder: Ford Motor Company
- Headquarters: United States
- Area served: Worldwide
- Key people: Christian Meunier (President) and Scott Manley (CEO)
- Number of employees: 25,000
Table of Contents
JEEP Product Strategy
Jeep is a trendy brand and started its operations by working for the military. It produced Jeep started the oldest SUVs that were four-wheel drive for the US Army and its allies during the Second World War. The company manufactured Jeep launched a civilian model in 1945 for the first time. Jeep is an international brand with off-road and sport-utility vehicles in its current product kit. At present, the brand has five models with eight vehicles that include-
- Jeep Cherokee KL- It is a mid-size SUV that was produced in 2013. This sport-utility vehicle has been ranked at the top of the list of the most affordable compact cars in the US.
- Jeep Compass – It is a sport-utility compact vehicle and was first produced in 2006. It is Jeep’s first crossover SUV.
- Jeep Grand Cherokee – It is a mid-size SUV with unibody chassis. This luxury sport-utility vehicle was first produced in 1992 and still occupies a good market share.
- Jeep Wrangler – It is mid-sized, compact, and available in its third generation. This off-road vehicle is a four-wheel drive and was first produced in 1986-87.
- Jeep Renegade BU- It is a sport-utility subcompact vehicle produced in 2014. This crossover SUV offers seating arrangement for five passengers and has features like USB inputs, voice command, and a touch-screen interface
- Jeep Wrangler: Known for its off-road capabilities and iconic design.
- Jeep Grand Cherokee: A larger, more luxurious SUV for road and city driving.
- Jeep Cherokee: A mid-size SUV that balances off-road performance and comfort.
- Jeep Compass: A compact SUV with modern styling and features.
- Jeep Renegade: A smaller SUV with a unique design and efficient performance.
- Jeep Gladiator: A pickup truck with off-road solid abilities and the versatility of a truck bed.
JEEP Place Strategy
Brand Jeep has a widespread product network that includes operations in several countries. Its headquarters are in Toledo, Ohio. Initially, its products were sold only in the United States. Still, with time, it started its overseas operations in other places like South Africa, Asia, Europe, and most of the Americas. Besides local production in the United States, it has manufacturing facilities in countries like China, Brazil, and Japan. To meet European demand, it built a plant in Italy in 2015.
For Jeep, the Cherokee company has a manufacturing facility in Toledo, Ohio. The assembly plant for Jeep Compass was at Belvidere in Illinois, where it had a production plant that also produced Dodge Neon. Jeep has spread its distribution network far and wide so that its products are readily available to its customers. It has taken the help of franchised dealers that help the vehicles to reach their target points quite easily.
- Global Dealership Network: Jeep has an extensive dealership network across various countries, providing accessibility and convenience to customers worldwide.
- Online Sales Platforms: Jeep utilizes online sales and customer engagement platforms, offering a digital option for exploring and purchasing vehicles.
- Partnerships with Local Dealers: Jeep partners with local dealers to ensure localized services and support, catering to specific market needs.
- Presence in Key Markets: Jeep strategically focuses on key markets, such as North America, Europe, and Asia, where demand for SUVs and off-road vehicles is high.
- Manufacturing Facilities Worldwide: Jeep maintains manufacturing facilities in several countries, enabling localized production and distribution, which helps reduce costs and meet regional demands efficiently.
JEEP Pricing Strategy
Jeep is one of the automotive industry’s oldest and most admired brands. The company manufactures some of the most fashionable luxury vehicles. It faces competition from other brands, so the Jeep brand has adopted a competitive pricing policy.
This helps it keep its price range at par with rival companies’ models so that they seem affordable and pocket-friendly to its customers. Jeep believes in its brand value and has held its own in such a competitive consumer market through its loyal customers.
- Value-Based Pricing: Jeep aligns its prices with the perceived value of its vehicles, capitalizing on its brand reputation for durability and off-road capability.
- Competitive Pricing: Jeep strategically prices its models to be competitive within the SUV and off-road vehicle segments, often positioning itself as a premium option compared to mainstream competitors.
- Segmented Pricing: The brand offers a range of models at different price points, catering to a diverse customer base from entry-level to luxury markets.
- Optional Features and Customizations: Jeep provides numerous optional features and customizations, allowing for price flexibility and enabling customers to tailor their purchases to their needs and budget.
- Special Editions and Limited Runs: Occasionally, Jeep introduces special editions or limited-run models, which are priced higher due to their exclusivity and unique features.
JEEP Promotion Strategy
Jeep has a descriptive tagline,” Fun and Freedom since 1941,” its attitude is easily recognized through its ad and digital marketing campaigns. The brand has adopted an aggressive marketing policy that has resulted in some of the best advertisements. The company started advertising Jeep in magazines and newspapers during and after the Second World War as a famous brand and dependable vehicle, with several ads flaunting its heroic exploits in war and slogans like “Are you Jeep Planning too?”
Currently, brand advertisers are via newspapers, magazines, the internet, and television channels. Jeep has also been a participant in several events and sports programs. It signed a shirt sponsorship deal in the Middle East in 2012 with a football club in Italy, “Juventus,” worth 45 million dollars, and became a sponsor of “AEK Athens F. C.” in 2014.
Jeep’s promotion and marketing strategy focuses on three key areas:
- Engaging Marketing Campaigns: Jeep utilizes impactful and adventurous marketing campaigns emphasizing its vehicles’ off-road capabilities and rugged image.
- Partnerships and Sponsorships: The company engages in various partnerships and sponsorships, particularly with events and organizations that resonate with its adventurous brand identity.
- Social Media and Digital Presence: Jeep leverages social media and digital platforms to connect with younger audiences, showcasing lifestyle-oriented content that aligns with its brand ethos.
Some Recent Video ads and Print ads of JEEP are:
Liked this post? Check out the complete series on Marketing Mix