Eveready Industries India Limited (EIIL), the B.M Khaitan Group Company was formed in 1905 as Union Carbide India Ltd. and later in 1993 it became part of the Williamson Magor Group., The company is in the business of electrolytic manganese dioxide and arc carbons, batteries, flashlight, photo-engravers plates/strips for printing, tube rods, castings, hard facing and, carbon electrodes and it is also in the business of production and marketing of tea.
Not only it operates in India but it has expanded its reach globally to the regions such, as Asia, Middle East, and Africa. Expanding in the countries like Sri Lanka, Ethiopia, Bangladesh, Djibouti, Mauritius, Sudan, Eritrea, Egypt under the brand name of LAVA. Presently it exports its products to 15 countries globally.
- Segmentation, targeting, positioning in the Marketing strategy of Eveready
- Competitive advantage in the Marketing strategy of Eveready-
- BCG Matrix in the Marketing strategy of Eveready-
- Distribution strategy in the Marketing strategy of Eveready
- Brand equity in the Marketing strategy of Eveready
- Competitive analysis in the Marketing strategy of Eveready
- Market analysis in the Marketing strategy of Eveready
- Customer analysis in the Marketing strategy of Eveready
Segmentation, targeting, positioning in the Marketing strategy of Eveready
In order to provide apt products to the customers, understanding the needs and wants of the particular set of customers is necessary and so segmentation is used to create the group of customers based on demographic, psychographic and the geographic variables. Eveready uses the mix of Demographic and Geographic segmentation strategies.
Value-based positioning strategy is used by the company to highlight the durability, strength and long-lasting features of the brand Eveready.
Mission- “NOT AVAILABLE”
Tagline-“Give Me Red”
Competitive advantage in the Marketing strategy of Eveready-
- Extensive Distribution Network: Reaching out to the bottom of the pyramid i.e. Rural, a Semi-Urban market in addition to the bigger cities is what helps the company in being ahead of its peers in the market. Its products are available across the variety of stores such as electrical, hardware, stationery, and gift stores, Pan Wales, grocery shops, at the chemists’ shops, photo studios, printing centers, e-tailing websites and modern supermarkets.
- Wide Product Portfolio: Large product portfolio and SKU (stock keeping units) across business verticals has not only helped the company in occupying large shelf space in the shops but also is helping the company in optimizing its distribution cost through economies of scale and visibility in the market.
BCG Matrix in the Marketing strategy of Eveready-
The company operates in business verticals such as Lighting & Electricals, batteries, and flashlights. Packet Tea and Home Appliances being added as new business verticals in the groups’ businesses.
The company have stronghold in the business segments such as Batteries, Lighting & Electricals and Flashlight with share in total turnover being 57%, 21%, and 14% respectively and these 3 businesses are stars in, the BCG matrix while other businesses (Packet Tea and Home Appliances) of the company are still struggling and are question mark in the BCG matrix.
Distribution strategy in the Marketing strategy of Eveready
The Company have the extensive presence in the domestic as well as the global market.
In India, it operates through distributors Network of more than 4000 who help the company to service 1 Million + outlets and is at the same time supported by the 18 sales offices of the company Pan India
In order to support the mainstream sales & marketing team with the continuous supply of the products, the company have 5 states of art manufacturing facilities across India located at Chennai, Haridwar, Maddur, Noida, Kolkata, and Lucknow.
Brand equity in the Marketing strategy of Eveready
More than 2 decades of successful brand positioning and the distinct impression created by the brand in the mind of the consumers has helped the brand in being synonymous for Power & Energy.
In order to associate itself with the young generation of the country, the brand icon Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar become a big hit and helped the brand in re-crystallizing the lost essence of the Brand. Time to time the brand’s various social media contest like Red Selfie, Watch & Win, Red Group Snap and GMR TC contest has helped in increasing engagement & awareness among the customers.
Competitive analysis in the Marketing strategy of Eveready
Eveready competes with one or more companies in the industries such as Electronics & home Appliances and FMCG. Although the company have niche presence in the some of the product categories but its visibility in the market and the brand name helps in easy acceptance in the market.
Market analysis in the Marketing strategy of Eveready
Demand from a developed market is being saturated and penetrating to the developing markets is what companies operating in the market are targeting. The underlying potential of these markets is being harnessed by the company with the help of the channel partners and suppliers.
Customer analysis in the Marketing strategy of Eveready
The Company constantly focus on educating its customers through exhibitions, and events which help the company in increasing touch points. The company serves the customers both in Retail as well as a Business segment (B2B) and have separate sales and distribution channel for both business segments.
In Retail business its customer is in the age group of 15-60 Years while its B2B customers are Private, Government agencies, transporters, manufacturing companies etc.