Television has always been an important source of visual entertainment for most households. In this article, we look at the top International TV Brands in the World. With these latest televisions, people can watch daily soaps, sports, live events, news, informative programs, documentaries, movies and much more.
Shopping for television is no longer an easy task as there are numerous brands as well as models and their price points that need to be taken into consideration. Some of the best new TV are Smart TVs, OLED TVs and LCD TVs and shopping for the perfect match for your needs is not easy.
From awesome design, picture quality, images, audio, viewing angle, screen size, a high-end resolution to smart features the choices are many but good quality and renowned brand name always triumphs over others and at the end of the day it is an individual choice
Table of Contents
The top 10 TV Brands in the world in 2023
1. Samsung Electronics
- Origin Country: South Korea
- Parent Company: Samsung
- Founded: 13th January 1969
- Headquarters: Suwon, South Korea
- Employees: 287,439
- Sales Network: 74 countries
- Revenue: KRW 60.01 trillion (second-quarter 2023, July 27, 2023)
- Net Income (TTM): KRW 33.95 billion (March 31, 2023)
- Market Share: 27.14% (first quarter of 2023)
Samsung Electronics is a consumer electronics company associated with products like television, appliances, mobile devices, monitors and electronic components. It is the largest manufacturer of television in the world since the year 2006. Samsung faces a stiff challenge in the television sector and thus has come up with QLED TVs with quantum dot technology and Neo QLED TVs with Mini LED backlighting. There are also rumours of a new product QD-OLED Hybrids in the market but these have not been substantiated yet.
Samsung has a large consumer base as it offers a wide range of product portfolios with different price points and its mid-price range of 4K TVs with new models every year. The TV manufacturer has an in-house voice assistant Bixby that is used in only a handful of best Samsung TVs to allow navigation of Tizen interface and voice recognition
Samsung offers exceptional models with gaming features with quick response times, VRR support, HDMI 2.1 for next-generation gaming and low input lag.
The three popular TVs of Samsung in 2023 are:
- Samsung S95C 55-inch OLED TV
- Samsung BU8500
- Samsung QN900B Neo QLED 8K
Reviews of the popular TVs are:
- Samsung S95C 55-inch OLED TV: This TV is highly recommended for movie lovers due to its fantastic picture quality, sharpness, great viewing angles, and fantastic upscaling capabilities. It is a wonderfully bright OLED TV that has received a five out of five-star rating in reviews. It offers a wide selection of digital artworks on the screen when not watching TV and has superb connectivity and audio quality. The new Tizen interface may feel a bit cumbersome compared to previous versions, but overall, it is still considered extremely good.
- Samsung BU8500: This TV is designed to offer up-to-the-minute functionality, discreet looks, and rock-solid build quality at an affordable price. It is an impressive 4K HDR LED display with good HDR performance, voice control, multiple HDMI ports, and a Tizen smart TV interface with all the streaming apps you might want. It is considered one of the best TVs under £1,000.
- Samsung QN900B Neo QLED 8K: There are no specific reviews available for this model in the search results. However, it is part of Samsung’s Neo QLED lineup, which features Mini LED backlights and is known for delivering impressive HDR performance and great gaming performance
2. LG Electronics
- Origin Country: South Korea
- Parent Company: LG Corporation
- Founder: Koo In-hwoi
- Founded: 1958
- Headquarters: Seoul, South Korea
- Employees: 83,000+
- Revenue: KRW 20 trillion (second-quarter 2023)
- Net Income: $359.72 million (TTM as of March 31, 2023)
- Market: 128 operations in the worldwide market
- Market Share: 12.6%
LG Electronics is a public company associated with home appliances and consumer electronics. The multinational company is the fourth-largest manufacturer in the world of LCD TVs.
LG Electronics were important manufacturers of flat-screen TVs in the early 2000s and became pioneers in the television industry with the release of the first OLED in the consumer market. By the year 2021 LG Display, one of its subsidiaries has become the exclusive manufacturer of OLED panels that are used in TVs and supply them to the parent company LG Electronics as well as other big brands like Vizio and Sony.
LG Electronics includes a wide range of OLED TVs from high-end 8K Z1 to the entry-level A1 and also a range of LCDs from high-end Mini LED QNED series to entry-level U series. LG was one of the first brands to support advanced gaming features like auto-low latency mode, refresh rates and HDMI 2.1.
The three popular TVs of LG are
- LG G2 OLED
- LG G3 OLED
- LG C3 OLED
LG G2 OLED: This is considered the best LG TV and the best LG OLED TV in 2023. It has a unique design and delivers impressive picture quality with bright highlights
LG G3 OLED: The LG G3 OLED is getting a big uptick in brightness, thanks to some innovations in LG Display’s latest OLED panel design, making it even brighter than the LG G2 OLED. However, it is more expensive than its predecessor. The LG G3 OLED is the response of LG to the QD-OLED TVs from Samsung and Sony from last year, which stole some of OLED’s thunder for their ability to hit on both the perfect blacks that OLED is known for and the high brightness and pure colors of QLED.
LG C3 OLED: The LG C3 OLED is part of LG’s OLED lineup and offers small tweaks and refinements to an already winning formula. It delivers a great display panel, premium design, and a versatile smart TV platform. The LG C2 OLED is now the best TV that they have tested, which is the predecessor of the LG C3 OLED. They found that the LG C2 OLED delivers 99% of the same performance at a lower price point, so they decided to keep that on their list for another few months.
- Origin Country: Japan
- Founder: Masaru Ibuka and Akio Morita
- Founded: 1946
- Headquarters: Minato, Tokyo, Japan
- Employees: 111,700
- Revenue :$23.551B (quarter ending March 31, 2023)
- Net Income: $1.034B (quarter ending March 31, 2023)
- Market Share: 6.9%
Sony is a world-recognized multinational conglomerate that is associated with several industries like electronic products, video game consoles, film studios, music etc. It is the largest player in the global premium TV market for 55” television, the second-largest TV Company based on market share and the third-largest manufacturer by annual sales.
The world’s first all-transistor television TV8-301 was manufactured by Sony in 1959 and since then the best TV brand has come a long way with a wide range of popular products like the high-end LCD options and the premium OLED TVs under the BRAVIA brand since 2017.
The three popular TVs of Sony are
- Sony A95L QD-OLED
- Sony X95L Mini LED
- Sony X90L Full Array LED
- Sony A95L QD-OLED: The Sony A95L QD-OLED is considered the best Sony TV of 2023. It delivers incredible picture quality in any viewing environment thanks to its QD-OLED panel technology. Dark scenes look incredible, with perfect contrast and no distracting blooming around bright highlights in dark scenes. Colors are vibrant and lifelike, and the TV can display an incredibly wide range of colors.
- Sony X95L Mini LED: The Sony X95L Mini LED is equipped with Mini LED backlighting and is a great choice for those who want a high-quality picture. It features XR Clear Image and XR 4K upscaling, making it a great choice for those who want a high-quality picture. This model also has Sony’s best LED TV sound system, Acoustic Multi-Audio+
- Sony X90L Full Array LED: The Sony X90L Full Array LED is a great choice for those who want a versatile TV with good picture quality. It runs on Google TV and is equipped with Full Array LED backlighting. It is available in several screen sizes and is a great choice for those who want a versatile TV with good picture quality
Overall, Sony’s 2023 TV lineup includes several high-quality TVs that offer excellent picture quality and a range of features to suit different needs and budgets.
4. TCL Technology
- Origin Country: China
- Founder: Li Dongsheng
- Founded: 1981
- Headquarters: Huizhou, Guangdong, China
- Revenue: 167 billion yuan (2022)
- Net Profit: 261 million yuan (2022)
- Operating Income: 5 billion USD for Q1 2021 with 133.91% increase year-on-year
- Market Share: 5.6%
TCL Technology is a state-owned enterprise associated with home appliances and consumer electronics. It is involved in designing, marketing, manufacturing and developing television sets along with other products like mobile devices, refrigerators, washing machines and air conditioners etc. Since the year 2015, it is amongst the top five largest manufacturers of best TVs in the world based on market share. TCL is one of the three manufacturers of television in the world with full vertical integration hence every single component is manufactured by the best TV brand itself
TCL Technology has a wide product line that includes premium Mini LED options, entry-level affordable models and also models with 720p and 1080p. In 2014 the company was amongst the first manufacturers to introduce quantum dot TVs (QLED) and again the first ones to produce Mini LED in the year 2019.
The three popular TVs of brand TCL are
- TCL QM8/QM850G QLED
- TCL 40S325
- TCL C825
TCL QM8/QM850G QLED: According to RTINGS.com, this is the best TCL TV tested in 2023, offering impressive picture quality with an impressive selection of extra features. It looks great in any room thanks to its high peak brightness, excellent reflection handling, and superb contrast. It features a Mini LED local dimming feature to improve the appearance of dark scenes, resulting in very little blooming around bright areas of otherwise dark scenes.
TCL 40S325: Reviewed.usatoday.com states that although it is a 2019 model, this TV is still available and offers a good choice for those looking for a cheap TV with built-in smart features. If you like how this TV sounds by way of design and smart features but think you’ll want to do more serious gaming or movie viewing, you might want to consider spending a little more on the next step up in TCL’s lineup.
TCL C825: This TV won the ‘Premium LCD TV, 2021-2022’ award from EISA’s image and sound experts. It is a high-end TV with Mini LED technology, QLED, and 4K resolution. It has a built-in soundbar and supports Dolby Vision and HDR10+.
- Origin Country: Japan
- Founder: Konosuke Matsushita
- Founded: 13th March 1918
- Headquarters: Kadoma, Osaka, Japan
- Employees: 259,385
- Revenue: $62.004B (2023)
- Net Income: $1.965B (2023)
- Market Share: 3.7%
If you are looking for a truly cinematic brand then opt for Panasonic, one of the best in the worldwide market. It is a multinational electronics company with a wide range of products and services in its kitty.
Panasonic has a wide range of products that are very popular in the consumer market. The Panasonic TV sets have vital features like Dolby Vision and HDR 10+ dynamic HDR and accurate colour mapping.
The three popular TVs of Panasonic are
- Panasonic MZ2000 OLED
- Panasonic MX950 LED TV
- Panasonic MXW954 and MXW944 LCD TVs
Panasonic MZ2000 OLED: The MZ2000 OLED is Panasonic’s flagship TV for 2023 and has received positive reviews. It is praised for its HDR picture quality, which is considered the best yet from Panasonic. The HCX Pro AI processor and Hollywood tuning contribute to stunningly accurate picture quality. The improved Filmmaker Mode aims to present content as intended by the artist. Additionally, the MZ2000 offers new gaming features.
Panasonic MX950 LED TV: There is limited information available about the MX950 LED TV, so specific reviews are scarce. However, being Panasonic’s flagship LED TV for 2023, it is expected to offer high-quality performance.
Panasonic MXW954 and MXW944 LCD TVs: The MXW954 and MXW944 LCD TVs are part of Panasonic’s 2023 TV lineup. While there are no specific reviews found for these models, they are considered top models in Panasonic’s lineup
- Origin Country: Netherlands
- Founder: Anton and Gerard Philips
- Founded: 15th May 1891
- Headquarters: Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Employees: 81,592
- Revenue: $4.874B (quarter ending June 30, 2023)
- Net Income: $0.079B (quarter ending June 30, 2023)
The Dutch conglomerate Philips is an exceptional TV brand in the world with a wide product portfolio to its name. The premium product is the OLED TV with some important features like exceptional sound quality, in-built soundbars and support for both Dolby Vision and HDR10.
The inclusion of Ambilight Technology gives it an additional advantage over other TV brands. This tv brand has continued with some of the high-performing models of last year with some significant changes. The new QNED range will include Mini LED and four-sided Ambilight for every Mini OLED and OLED TV.
The three popular TVs of Philips are
- The Xtra
- Origin Country: China
- Owner: Qingdao Hisense Electric Holdings Co Ltd ( 29.9% stake)
- Founded: September 1994
- Headquarters: Qingdao, Shandong, China
- Market Share: Hisense has consolidated a share of 8.2% per unit and 7% in value in the TV market in the first half of 2023
- Revenue: 74 billion yuan (2022)
Hisense is a publicly-traded multinational conglomerate associated with home appliances and consumer electronics. Although the company started its journey with manufacturing radios currently its primary product is television. Since 2004 Hisense is the largest manufacturer of TVs in China by market share. In 2022, Hisense ranked No.2 globally for TV shipments, indicating a strong presence in the market.
The first TV model released by the best TV brand was CJD18 in 1978 and in the year it had the distinction of inventing transparent 3D television. The company launched the first 8K 10 bit HDR screen TV in the world in 2020
The three popular TVs of Hisense are
- Hisense U6K
- Hisense U7K
- Hisense U8K
The Hisense U6K is the cheapest TV in the range, starting at $500, while the U7K was named the best gaming TV by Tom’s Guide in 2022. The U8K is a mid-range option that offers good value for its price. All three of these TVs are Mini-LED TVs and part of Hisense’s 2023 lineup. It’s worth noting that Hisense’s flagship ULED lineup consists of a few different TVs, with the top-end and best Hisense TV being the Hisense U9DG
8. Vizio Inc.
- Origin Country: U.S.
- Founder: William Wang
- Founded: October 2002
- Headquarters: Irvine, California, U.S.
- Revenue: $357 million USD (March 31, 2023)
- Net Income: $-1 million USD (March 31, 2023)
- Market Share: 3%
- Television Sales: 80 million as of 1st March 2021
Vizio is a publicly traded company associated with the electronics industry. It is one of the best TV brands in the world and is involved in designing and marketing TVs (LED and OLED models) along with soundbars and viewer data.
In the year 2016, the company launched SmartCast across TV sets and apps like Disney+ and Netflix. In 2018 WatchFree, a free streaming service was launched on the SmartCast platform powered by Pluto TV. In the same year, the company launched the first 4K quantum dot LED TV and in 2020 its first OLED TV.
Since the year 2020, Vizio has become the second-largest seller in the U.S of flat-screen televisions
The three popular TVs of Vizio are
- Vizio M Series Quantum X 2022
- Vizio P-Series Quantum X 85-inch (P85QX-J01)
- Vizio V-series
1.Vizio M Series Quantum X 2022:
- According to Gadget Review, the Vizio M Series Quantum X 2022 is a very good TV with high peak brightness and amazing picture quality. It is considered the best mid-range Vizio TV tested by RTINGS.com
2. Vizio P-Series Quantum X 85-inch (P85QX-J01):
- RTINGS.com mentions that the Vizio P-Series Quantum X is part of their best Vizio TVs of 2023 list. It offers advanced features like variable refresh rates (VRR) and support for Dolby Vision and HDR10 Plus
3. Vizio V-series:
- According to Tom’s Guide, the Vizio V-series is their most affordable 4K smart TV that offers a better bang for the buck. It has a trio of HDMI 2.1 ports, support for advanced features like variable refresh rates (VRR), and support for Dolby Vision and HDR10 Plus.
- Origin Country: China
- Founder: Carl Pei and Pete Lau
- Founded: 2013
- Headquarters: Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
- Parent Company: BBK Electronics, Oppo
OnePlus Technology is one of the best TV brands in the world associated with the manufacturing of consumer electronics like smartphones as well as television.
The company announced its entry into the TV market in 2018 and launched the OnePlus TV product line on 26th September 2019 with the Q1 series. The TV had another variant Q1 Pro both with 55-inch size, QLED panels, Gamma colour picture processor and 4K resolution. The point of difference is the built-in motorized soundbar in the expensive variant.
Besides the television, the company also sells related accessories like OnePlus TV Base Dock, OnePlus TV Netflix Remote and OnePlus TV USB Camera
The three popular TVs of OnePlus are
- OnePlus Y1S HD Ready Smart LED TV
- OnePlus Y1S Pro 50 inch Ultra HD 4K Smart LED TV
- OnePlus 43Y1 43-inch Full HD Smart LED TV
- OnePlus Y1S HD Ready Smart LED TV
A review on the OnePlus Community website states that the Y1S is a pretty feature-rich TV with everything you need for a smart experience. The file explorer could have been improved, but the Smart Manager is pretty cool.
2. OnePlus Y1S Pro 50 inch Ultra HD 4K Smart LED TV
A review on the OnePlus Community website states that the Y1S Pro is a great TV for the price. The picture quality is great and the sound is decent. The reviewer also mentions that the TV has a good build quality and is easy to use
3. OnePlus 43Y1 43-inch Full HD Smart LED TV
A review on the OnePlus Community website states that the Y1 series as a whole is pretty good for the price. The sound quality is great and the TV is easy to use
10. AmazonBasics (Amazon Branded TVs)
- Origin Country: U.S.
- Parent Company: Amazon
- Founder: Jeff Bezos
- Founded: 2009
AmazonBasics is a private label that offers tech accessories, office supplies and household goods. Since December 2017 it is the best private-label brand at Amazon.com.
AmazonBasics has launched Amazon Branded televisions in India. The first two products in the product line are 55” and 50” models with 4K resolution HDR 10, Dolby Atmos audio, support for Dolby Vision and HLG dynamic range formats.
The three popular TVs of AmazonBasics in are
- AmazonBasics AB32E10SS Fire TV Edition 32-inch HD Ready Smart LED TV,
- AmazonBasics Fire TV Edition AB43E10DS 43-inch Full HD Smart LED TV,
- AmazonBasics Fire TV Edition AB55U20PS 55-inch Ultra HD 4K Smart LED TV
The recommendations mentioned above are of some of the best companies available in the global market. It might prove challenging to find the one TV brand and one new TV ( OLED TV, LED TV or Smart TV) with a perfect picture quality that shows TV shows and live events in the best possible way. The details mentioned above will no doubt prove useful in your endeavours.
Liked this post? Check out the complete series on Lists