Bajaj Almond Drops hair oil is a brand that is owned by the Bajaj Corp. This oil is enriched with almond essence and is non-sticky and easy to apply. A leader in the hair oils segment in India, Bajaj Corp Limited also sells products in the personal care segment globally, serving various regions of the world including Africa, SAARC, ASEAN, Middle-East, and Gulf.Currently, these products represent Bajaj Crop Ltd in over 30 countries.
However, research indicates that the product is yet to gain popularity in most of these foreign markets where the company is trying to gain a formidable presence. Bajaj Corp has GMP certified manufacturing facilities in numerous locations across the world and through their personal care segment in which Bajaj Almond Drops Hair Oil is a key brand, the company is trying to increase its global footprint. Other leading brands from
Strengths in the SWOT analysis of Bajaj Almond Drops
The following are the strengths ofBajaj Almond Drops Hair Oil:
- Market Leader in India: Bajaj Almond Drops Hair Oil is the market leader in the light hair oils segment in India with a market share of 8 % in this category and 6 % in the overall hair oils category. However, the brand is yet to establish a presence in other markets it is sold in.
- Product features: The inclusion of the sweet almond oil enrichens Bajaj Almond Drops Hair Oil and makes it more effective, capable of better scalp nourishment and strengthening the hair ultimately speeding up the growth of healthy hair.Bajaj Almond Drops Hair Oil is light and thus easy to apply and maintain the hair.
- Positioning: The core insight of the brand and it USP is that “Light is Strong”. This is an open attempt to take against the conventional perception of hair oils that they have to be thick and heavy in order to stay on the hair and give it the nourishment it needs. Bajaj Almond Drops Hair Oil is trying to break this stereotypical image of conventional hair oils and carve a niche market for itself through its light hair oil positioning.
- Brand Ambassador: Bajaj Almond Drops Hair Oil recently signed the young actress Parineeti Chopra as their brand ambassador.In order to resonate values like confidence, energy, and exuberance which is what Bajaj is trying to reposition itself as Parineeti is just the right choice as the brand ambassador.
- The natural tag: Globally in the personal care segment there is a sudden surge in the demand for products that contain natural ingredients. Bajaj Almond Drops Hair Oil is made from pure almond essence and has no artificial ingredients. Thus it can use this feature to gain more inroads into foreign markets where there is also a growing demand for Ayurvedic oils.
- Multiple target segments: Through light hair oil positioning Bajaj is trying to target multiple segments of customers. The prime segment is those who feel that heavy hair oils are making the hair sticky. In addition to this Bajaj is also targeting non-users of hair oil, as well as people who currently use coconut or olive oil for their hair to migrate to Bajaj Almond, Drops Hair Oil.
Weaknesses in the SWOT analysis of Bajaj Almond Drops
Some of the key weaknesses of Bajaj Almond Drops Hair Oil are :
- Excessive desi orientation: Bajaj Almond Drops Hair Oil has been developed with the hair care habits of the Indian woman in vogue and thus is highly desi in its outlook. This has reduced the acceptance of the hair oil in countries outside of India.
- Consumer Behaviour changes: The younger generation of women across the world today are professionals and do not wish to use traditional oils or hair care remedies. They prefer to go to the salon and shampoo and condition their hair not using hair oils or other such products.Bajaj Almond Drops Hair Oil is thus unable to cater to the demands of this new generation segment.
Opportunities in the SWOT analysis of Bajaj Almond Drops
Some of the opportunities include:
- New and untapped segments: In the hair care segment there are a lot of niche areas which are untapped and which can be easily targeted by Bajaj Almond Drops Hair Oil through a diversification strategy. These include coconut and olive oils, hair serums and hair strengthening creams and gels.
Threats in the SWOT analysis of Bajaj Almond Drops
Some of the threats include:
- Poor or no presence in coconut and olive oil: Bajaj Corp has a number of hair oil brands which they sell in markets across the world. However lately there has been a growing preference for coconut and olive oil and the company currently does not have any products in both these categories which will prove to be a huge weakness in comparison to their main rival Marico.
If you liked this article, we bet that you will love the Marketing91 Academy, which provides you free access to 10+ marketing courses and 100s of Case studies.