You must have seen many sites that ask you to join them and become a member of the website. These are known as membership sites. So, how do you get to create such sites?
This is possible with the help of the membership Plugins. If you have built your website on WordPress, you can come across several WordPress membership Plugins that you can use to get such a membership feature on your site.
By having a membership site, you will be able to limit access to content, downloads, support, forums, etc. to those users only that are registered on your site to be your members. This will enable you to have a productive and engaging email list, establish authority in your niche, and earn a regular income as well.
With the help of Membership sites, you will be offering highly useful and demanding content for which your users or readers would be ready to pay and subscribe to your site. This can be quite useful in ensuring a recurring income for you.
WordPress Membership Plugins can be very useful in this. Here is a list of the best 10 of them among which you can select the best one based on your requirements.
10 WordPress Membership Plugins
S2Member is known to offer a wide number of features that are much more than many other options.
The plugin is designed n shortcodes, and for this, the interface is not that simple, but still, it can be understood well by the users. The creation of the membership site is quite easy with this plugin.
You can use it for protecting your WordPress Posts, Tags, Pages, Categories, BuddyPress/bbPress, URIs, portions of content within Posts, themes, Pages, downloadable files, streaming video, audio and so on.
Important features you should pay attention to are-
- Enables you to set a custom Login Welcome Page along with a custom Membership Options Page and Registration/Profile Fields
- Proper inclusion of Content Protection and Paypal buttons make s2Member one of the best WordPress Membership Plugins
- One step registration, Lifetime access to new versions are some of the other key highlights
#2 Restrict Content Pro
If you are looking for some lightweight plugin that can help you in getting an excellent membership website, this is the one that you are looking for.
It offers you to get such sites created quite easily and offers you a number of payment gateway options such as Stripe, PayPal, Braintree, and many others.
Some of the ways how you can use the plugin are through club memberships, magazine subscriptions, private forums, member blogging, and many more.
Notable highlights of this plugin are-
- You can create an unlimited number of discount codes
- It offers you regular reports so you can gauge the performance of your membership site
- You can use it for creating an unlimited number of subscription packages
- Easy and effective management of active, pending, canceled, free or expired users
The plugin is great because it not only offers you with membership levels but also bundles.
MemberMouse plugin offers you many unique features among which one of the most amazing is that you view content in the same way how your viewers or members will see it.
Also, the plugin allows the members to check what the contents they have explored are and what they have not. Just with a click of the mouse, you can protect your content using this plugin. You can use it to protect posts, pages, categories, custom post types, etc.
Some of the notable highlights that empower it to secure a place in the list of top-performing WordPress Membership Plugins are-
- Use it to sell products
- Lets you offer subscriptions and memberships
- You can set up a password-protected member’s area
- Enables you to offer 1-click upsells and downsells
- You can use it to manage customers and also can automate customer service
- Allows you to track critical retention metrics
The main motto of creating this plugin was to provide a facility to those people who are into selling of online courses.
You can get a number of options in the plugin, such as membership, subscriptions, and a one-time price. The paid plugin is featured with a number of features such as activity tracking and so on to help you in a much better way.
It is considered highly useful for professional training, higher education, and WordPress projects. Either you want to sell your courses, reward your learners, trigger engagement, or offer drip-feed content, this can be one of the best WordPress Membership plugins for you.
Key Features of Learn Dash are-
- You can set a course price or make them free or offer them privately or to members only
- It will help you in grouping learners and assigning a Group Leader for managing their progress
- It also helps in managing learner progress and communicating properly
As the name suggests, this particular plugin is for online courses. The platform offers some of the most beautiful sites on online courses.
There are a number of features that set the plugin different from any other competitors. Some of the features are the creation of learning tools such as quizzes, options of Dropbox and others integrated, various marketing tools, and so on.
It is one of the best WordPress Membership plugins for creating and selling online courses. Opting for this one will let you offer your members a world-class learning experience.
Some of the key features are-
- Easy and hassle-free setup
- A customized and engaging learning experience
- Effective and personalized website customization
- Satisfy students and members on any device
#5 WooCommerce Memberships
This is again a great plugin to limit your content just to your registered members on the site.
You can offer discounts on subscriptions to attract traffic. But for the payment solutions, you need to install another plugin. The best thing in this plugin is that it offers a money-back guarantee with 30 days.
You can consider it as a hassle-free, site-wide membership plugin that will be useful in making your content, online shop, and memberships well integrated.
Key features that make it one of the top-rated WordPress Membership Plugins are-
- Easy selling and assigning of memberships
- Lets you conveniently grant content access
- Empowers you to turn your site into purchasing club
- You will be able to offer the most useful shipping options
- Lets you reward your members some special discounts as well
- You can easily export or import members via this WordPress Membership plugin
#6 aMember Pro
This is another excellent membership plugin that is there now over a decade.
Though the plugin may not get along a number of other plugins, it is loaded with a number of features for your membership sites. Some of the crucial features that you will come across are more than 200 payment gateways, unlimited levels of memberships, and many more.
You can use it to Accept subscription payments, deliver digital content, manage customer profiles, integrate with your blog, CMS, or forums. Besides, it is also useful in sending opt-in newsletters along with running your affiliate program.
Other important highlights are-
- Easy administration alongside speedy access to the functions
- Numerous payment systems such as PayPal, ClickBank, CCBill, JVZoo, Stripe, 2Checkout, Authorize.Net, and so on
- It comprises full-featured Affiliate Module
#7 iThemes Exchange Membership Add-on
The features that this plugin is offering are amazing.
iThemes Exchange offers both free as well as paid memberships and also allows you to assign levels to your members. The name is add-on because you can add-on many features such as MailChimp and others and then get a yearly package of the plugin.
You can use it to protect your WP post, categories, pages, tags, custom post types, and more as per the membership status.
Notable highlights of this one are-
- Offers you features like Content Access that will protect your content at the membership level
- You can easily create Rules and Groups for ensuring the restriction on your content
- It also lets you restrict access directly from the page or post
This plugin is powered with some of the most amazing features, yet it is very much easy to use.
The best thing about this particular plugin is that it can also help you in transforming your existing website into a membership website. It is integrated with many options, such as MailChimp, AWeber, and many others.
The plugin offers you a number of payment gateway options such as Stripe, PayPal, and others for those who wish to subscribe.
Some of the other key features that make it one of the best WordPress Membership Plugins are-
- Opt for this one for the constant creation, management, and tracking of membership subscriptions
- It integrates adeptly with your existing WordPress site, and it is quite easy to use as well
- You can immediately start charging your users for accessing your website by using this plugin
#9 Magic Members
This plugin offers you almost all the features that you wish to have in the WordPress Membership plugins.
Also, there is a download manager that helps your contents from getting downloaded by those who are not members. It comes with a free 7 days trial after which you can purchase it.
With the help of Magic Members, you will be able to create almost any kind of free & paid membership sites for you in WordPress that makes it one of the best WordPress Membership Plugins.
Some other features that need your attention here are-
- Payment module integrations along with Pay per Post Access and Easy Member Management
- You will get custom post type support
- It also offers AutoResponder Integrations
- You will be able to protect downloads from being accessed by those who are not your authorized members
Membership sites are increasing by each passing day now.
In order to get one such website, one of the best things that you can do today is to get a proper WordPress Membership plugin. It will help you in getting a membership website along with a number of amazing features.
Do you also have a membership site? Which WordPress Membership Plugins do you find most useful? Share your favorite list with us in the comments.