In today’s technical world, the internet is the most important part of one’s life. Whenever we want to search or know about anything, we go to Google and start typing. From buying stationeries to owing new apartments, we research on Google at least once before making any decision. In such a situation, every entrepreneur would try to enhance their online presence and want to make their website appear at the top. SEO writing is one of the ways to do that.
This is because most of the people while searching on Google, always visit the website that appears at the top of the search. This is when the role of an SEO executive starts. SEO writing plays an important role. They help the websites to come at the top of the search bar using different types of techniques. In this digital world, if you too wish to dive into the world of Search engine optimization, then this article is just for you.
What Is SEO writing?
‘SEO’ is the term that can be elongated as Search Engine Optimization. The term SEO means to optimize or rank a website on the search engine such as Google in such a way that viewers can find the particular website in an easy way, most possibly on the very first page.
And ‘Writing’ is the simple act of writing or typing your words on a piece of paper or in a microsoft word document.
Combining the two words, ‘SEO writing’ is a term that can be explained as the process of writing SEO focused content that has been created to attract viewers on the search engine. When SEO content is created for a website, it helps in optimizing the website on the search engine. The process of creating SEO content is known as SEO writing.
4 SEO Writing Skills
There are 4 Skills you need to write for search engines.
1) Keyword Research:
To create content, it is important to do proper keyword research done. Keyword research is done to check the terms that people are searching for the most. When the content is created based on such keywords, it attracts more traffic.
2) Keyword Optimization:
Just getting the right keyword is not important. You also need to know and understand where to use the keywords in the content. It is said that inserting of the keyword at the right place increases the search to a good extent.
3) Content Organization:
Just writing the content and putting in the keywords is not enough once again. The content should be organized in a proper way. It is good for the SEO and also it makes the content reading convenient for the visitors.
4) Content Promotion
This is quite important so that you can have more visibility of your content. This can be done by sharing the content on different platforms such as social media and others. Other things can be also done such as link building and others for the sake of content promotion.
SEO Writing Examples – Type of Content you can SEO
There can be a number of SEO content types available.
1) Product Pages:
This is the most important part of any e-commerce website. If the product page is created in a proper way, it improved the SEO of the site and also serves as the PPC landing page.
2) Blog Posts:
Blogs are highly engaging and creative in nature. They can be said to be of high authority in comparison to the product pages also. They are thus said to be the easiest ways to improve the SEO of a page.
News articles, features, and interviews are some of the examples of this type. You can find them easily on a magazine or a newspaper site.
A list is mainly an article but is much more scalable. Some of the title types of such content types are ‘top 10 things’, ’10 best ways’, and so on.
The guide is again a blog but it explains something in detail. Such guides can be put up on a website. There are many sites that put up a visible summary on which the viewers are asked to register for the site to go through the whole piece of the guide.
The numbers of text contents are quite high on the web today in comparison to the videos. Hence, if you really wish to rank high and wish to get a good number of traffic on your site, one of the best ways is to create video content. Also, viewers find videos more convenient than reading texts and traffic is more on videos and also the response rate is also high.
Infographics are images on which information data is provided. It is said that the search engine is not great at reading these infographics data in comparison to the text content. This is the reason it is highly important to create such infographics in a proper way.
Slideshows are great in attracting the attention of the viewers. Related images are depicted in the slides and it creates a curiosity in the viewers so that they can see the full show. Here, again, it is important to put up a proper title with the right keywords because the search engine is not great at reading images.
To know about a difficult term, now people just do a Google search and get its meaning. Hence, building a glossary about a particular field can also generate good traffic.
Directories are also quite helpful today because often people look for various options about different things online.
Here are explained some of the basics of SEO. The various technologies of the term is enhancing by each passing time. Hence, staying updated with it can be really helpful in keeping your site and contents high on the rankings.
How SEO Writing Plays a key role in Organic Searches?
Firstly, you would need to understand that ranking a website at the top of any search engine, be it Google, Yahoo or Bing is not a magic trick.
Search Engines are mainly governed by multiple algorithms which are complex in nature and it does take a bit of time and effort to make them understand that your website has the potential to rank at the top. And obviously, I am talking about organic searches. However, following certain rules can make it easier for you to optimize the website and give all the necessary signals to the search engine bots.
You would find many websites all over the internet that talks about theoretical ways to rank your website at the top, but you need to understand their practicality and apply them in real life. In case you are unable to understand that, then you would get tired with the concept of SEO writing and would never get the desired results which happen with many people. Also do remember, that giving up is not an option when you aim is to do good SEO.
You have to work on every day and gradually you would be able to see the rank of the website would get improved. In order to give you a brief idea about how you can work hard and smartly in order to achieve the results that you desire, we would list down some tips that would definitely help you to achieve growth. These tips are suggested by experts who have years of experience in the field of digital marketing.
10 SEO Writing Tips
Here are some important tips that you can follow in order to rank the website at the top of the search engine.
- Optimizing the title of the webpage along with the meta description- the search engine shows the HTML tagged meta description when the user puts on the words that match the meta description. In order to improve the conditions of on-page SEO, you would need to understand the search pattern of the users and design the meta description accordingly.
- Having a URL that is SEO friendly- this is very important both for enhancing user experience as well as the understanding of search engines. When the URLs depict the whole concept of the webpage it is not only a pleasant experience for the user, but it also helps the page to get understood easily by the search engine bots.
- Having some breadcrumb trails in the internal web pages- this proves to be really useful for all SEO experts to improve the position of websites. It improves the understanding of the search engine bots towards a website’s hierarchy and also comprehends the understanding of the users with respect to the page position. Breadcrumb trails become really very important when the website contains a large variety of pages and categories.
- Adding internal links to the content- adding links would always be beneficial for the website. Thinking about the way search engines work, when we insert an external link to another website, we are adding more information to our own website and Google always prefers those web pages that have maximum information against the user’s searches.
- Customizing the error page- Customising the 404 pages is an important part of SEO. When the users click on a link in the website that does not exist, if rather than showing the 404 pages if they get directed to any other page then the user would get confused and frustrated trying to understand how they landed up in another page that they have never clicked on. Hence having a 404 error page would help them to understand that the particular link is unavailable.
- Improving your page speed- the users can get really frustrated if the pages of the website take a lot of time to download. A website with smooth user experience is much more preferred by the users and it also adds to the SEO which ultimately helps the website to come at the top.
- Optimizing the image- A good image can be a source of lots of traffic. People do image searches on Google and if you have got a good relevant search image, then users would definitely get attracted towards it. The important factors in the image in order to drive more traffic includes title tag, size of the image, image linking, name of the image and the alt tag.
- Making the website mobile friendly- People mostly use their smartphone these days to do all the searches rather than going to computers each time. So when you initially design your website, do remember to design it in a way that it can easily be visited from any mobile device.
- Getting backlinks- just like you have put on internal links to other websites; make sure that you too have got backlinks from other websites. This would directly drive traffic from that website to yours through that particular link.
- Updating the website- regularly updating the website with fresh contents would not only improve your SEO rankings but it would also make your existing visitors visit your website regularly.
So, these were some key things search marketers need to keep in mind while managing SEO Writing.
The right implementation of SEO Content is the base of organic traffic to your site and their conversions. Paying attention to these will empower your site to enjoy the optimized presence on the web.
Alternatively, check out the Marketing91 Academy, which provides you access to 10+ marketing courses and 100s of Case studies.