Life coaching is an effective process where the action-oriented mentor known as the life coach helps individuals to reach their desired goals successfully. If you are looking for the answer who is the life coach, then he is the one who will prove a boon by identifying strengths and weaknesses so that the individual can overcome hurdles and reach the end target.
What does a life coach do exactly?
The life coach is entrusted with the following responsibilities
- A life coach helps an individual to focus on the present so that he can identify what is happening right now.
- He acts as a guiding force and offers unconditional support so that a person can broaden his horizons and open his mind to various possibilities.
- The prime responsibility of a life coach is to help in identifying the goals and develop an effective plan to reach it successfully
- He identifies all the impending obstacles and pinpoints areas where change is necessary
- A life coach empowers an individual so that he realizes his self-worth
- He acts as a motivational tool that will have a positive impact on the overall future of an individual
The life coach thus helps a person to understand his goals, what is happening with him at the present moment, what he wants to achieve, and bridge the gap in between. He can work with his clients from an office, from his home, and even through mediums like the internet and phone. The areas where the services of a life coach are in most demand are
- Balancing professional and personal life
- Becoming more organized
- Become a better communicator
- Identifying needs and desires
- To find fulfillment in both personal and professional life
- Making career plans
- Setting up goals
- Identifying strengths as well as weaknesses at both personal and professional front
- Meeting financial goals and boosting financial security
- Making changes in personal life so that it can lead to a healthy lifestyle
- Finding an ideal life partner
- Help to make changes in becoming a better partner
- Fulfilling emotional needs
- Dealing with obesity or offering help in losing weight
- Deal with a personal issue like a divorce
- Helping people to find the time to enjoy life
Life coaching certification, qualification, and salary
There are no exact laws to govern the field of life coaching as it belongs to a non-regulated industry. A life coach does not have to acquire any formal degree or a license as there is no accrediting institution or regulations or a governing body related to this field. There are associations that, for a fee, offer help to people in becoming a life coach, although they do not have any formal authority to do so.
Work and life experience are two of the most important qualification needed to become an effective life coach. They gain experience by working in niche fields for many years.
For example, a successful entrepreneur can easily work as a life coach and guide aspiring hopefuls so that their new venture is successful. Some of the life coaches enroll in specialized training programs to learn new strategies and hone their skills so that they can have a better knowledge of the methodology, psychology, and processes behind it.
Life coaching certification is non-academic by nature as they are offered by private organizations run by people who are experts in their fields. There are many types of coaching programs that cater to the specific needs and requirements of an individual who wants to pursue this course.
The certification acts as an endorsement that the coach has completed the training program offered by the organization and acquired the offered knowledge.
What is a life coach salary is an interesting question whose answer is that it can range anything from 60 Pound to 100 Pound for a session of one hour. In some cases, a life coach salary even extends to 200 Pound per hour.
Benefits of life coaching
The benefits are as follows-
- One of the most important benefits of this type of coaching style is that it helps to gain better clarity and meaning in life so that an individual can recognize his real purpose and his real passion and ultimately work to achieve it successfully.
- Coaching sessions often prove a blessing in finding solutions to specific problems that have gripped a person and is preventing him from achieving his objectives
- This type of coaching is beneficial as it helps in changing the perspective of a person
- This coaching style keeps a person grounded so that he is very much aware of the present conditions that have surrounded him. Ultimately it helps him to live fully and enjoy all the small and bigger moments in life
- This coaching process is considered advantageous as it helps in both long-term and short-term realistic goal-setting
- This coaching style helps the clients in creating various structures and systems that will ultimately increase productivity
- This type of coaching helps to organize and use time in an effective manner
- Another essential benefit of this type of coaching style is that it helps to develop self-awareness so that it ultimately improves efficiency
The various disadvantages associated with this process are as follows-
- It is very costly as a coach can charge anything from 60 pounds to 200 pounds per hour
- Anyone can call himself a life coach and start offering his services as he does not need a formal degree or certificate to prove his credibility and legitimacy
- After a certain period, the dependency on the life coach becomes extreme, and this prevents a client from making independent decisions
- Finding a good life coach is a tedious process
- There is no guarantee that the person you have chosen as a life coach is equipped to handle the pressure of the job. By the time the client determines his actual worth, it might be too late
Life coaching has rightly been referred to as a successful therapy that helps to turn the life around of an individual in both personal and professional capacity.
It is a collaborative conversation that instills self-confidence and self-worth in a person so that no challenge is too high for him. It is an ultimate process to empower the client so that he can make life-changing decisions at the right time and for the right reason.