An email address that ends up with your website’s domain name can be termed as a business Email address. E.g., [email protected] is a simple email address while [email protected] can be referred to as a business email address.
A business email address comes with a lot of benefits. Not only it helps you to get more leads and conversions by giving a professional touch to all the messages you deliver, but it also helps you in the better branding of your business.
This is because whenever you are sending someone an email message through a professional email address the recipient will read your domain name at the end of the email address which helps them remember the domain name and hence helps you in the better branding of your business.
Especially if you are doing cold calling using emails, getting a professional email address becomes necessary for you as due to business Email your messages start looking more genuine and professional.
There are both free and paid methods to get a professional email address. Free method surely comes with its limitations, but it still completes the purpose of the majority of people (especially that of Small business owners, Bloggers, etc.)
In this post, I will show you how you can set up a business Email address with GSuite, and later we will show you how you can get a free business Email using Zoho.
How to Setup a Business Email with GSuite
GSuite is a paid Google service that can be used to set up business Email addresses. GSuite is not only meant for setting up business emails. You get a useful set of some other services too when you buy GSuite plans.
This includes unlimited google drive storage (For GSuite business plan and enterprise users), an ad-free inbox, 24 x 7 support from a live person at Google and many other great services which are perfect for businesses
(Please note all of the business Email holders get an ad-free Inbox. This is not only for GSuite users, but Zoho mail provides this feature too)
Setting up a business Email with Gsuite is a hassle-free process. Let us look at all the steps which you need to finish to set up a Business Email with GSuite.
- Visit Google.Com and hit the Get started button at the top. Anyone can get a free 14 day trial of GSuite (No credit card required for the free trial)
- Once you click on the “Get started” button you will be asked some questions like How many members you have in your team (GSuite has three plans, and these plans vary as per team size and requirements), your Business location and your current Email address.
- After that, they will ask you about the domain name for which you need to set up a Business Email. If you have already one with you can click on the “Yes I have one” option and if you do not have you need to go for the other choice “No I need one” This is a mandatory step because if you do not have the domain name you cannot set up the business email address naturally for that domain.
- Let’s take the case of those who have one domain already with them. So Google will now ask you the domain name you own.
- Once you enter the domain, they will ask you about the username you are looking for. E.g., you can choose an email address like [email protected] or [email protected], and after that, you need to do select the password.
- Once you do finish this step, you will need to add and confirm your mobile number. Once you do this, you are taken to the main dashboard where you see an option for confirming the domain name, adding other team members and so as shown below.
- Now you need to do the most important step of confirming domain name. You need to complete this second step of adding people to your GSuite account and then only you can move to the next step.
- When you start doing the verification step, Google will itself detect the domain registrar, and Hence, when you click on the verify button, you will be taken to the domain registrar’s website. (In my case, it was Godaddy, so a new window taking me to the Godaddy’s website opens up when I click on verify button)
- You will need to log in to your account on your domain registrar’s site and give access to Google as well. Once you do that process of verification will start itself. It does not take more than 2-3 minutes for verification.
That’s it. Once verification is done, you are taken to the Admin console. Your business email is now active. (If you want you can redirects all the Emails coming to your old Email account to this email by doing Email routing)
This is How you can set up a Business Email with GSuite. Now let us see the free method of setting up a Business Email. But before that let us see the limitations of the free method
Limitations of a Free Business Email (With Zoho)
- The option of Email routing is not available for users with the free plan, and that is the biggest limitation.
- The email forwarding option is also not available for free plan holders.
These two are the biggest limitations when it comes to a free plan. Otherwise, you can change your plans anytime in Zoho as well. Now, let us see how you can make use of Zoho Mail to set up a free business Email.
How to Setup a Business Email address with Zoho:-
With more than 30 million users, Zoho deals with productivity tools and SaaS applications. ZohoMail, which is one of the services provided by Zoho Corporation, can help you set up a business email address for free.
Below I am mentioning all those steps which you need to follow one by one to set up a free business Email address with Zoho:
- Open ZohoMail and sign up for a business Email. (Refer to below image)
- Once you click on the Sign Up Now button, you are redirected to the pricing page. Once the pricing page opens you need to scroll down and select the Free plan and click on the Get started button as shown in the below image
- Once you click on get started a new page appears. It has two options: One for those who have already a domain name and they just need an Email and one for those who do not have a domain either. ( Obviously, you need to own the domain for which you need to set up a business Email )
- Suppose you already own a domain. Then you can fill up the domain name in the provided box and move further.
- Once you are done with step 4, they will ask you to make an account at Zoho. After filling the necessary details to create the account, you will need to confirm your mobile number. Once the mobile number is confirmed, you can select the name you required for the professional email (Like [email protected] or [email protected]oursite.com or [email protected] or anything you like).
- Later you need to confirm that you are the owner of the domain you providing for the professional email. You can do this confirmation through various methods.
- One simple method you can try is the CNAME method. You can choose your domain name registrar from the list provided there. E.g., If the domain is registered with Godaddy you can choose Godaddy in the list and once you do that you will get the methods through which you can verify your domain
- After that, you will be taken to the domain name registrar’s website where you will be asked to add the necessary DNS records and follow the steps as mentioned by the Zoho team. (These steps may vary as per your domain registrar, but as Zoho mail will mention all the steps it will not be difficult for you to do all this process)
- Usually, all you need to do in Step 8 is open your Domain registrar’s website, their login to the account and go to the domain manager option. There in the respective domain, you need to add CNAME records and point them to a particular destination. (Zoho provides both the CNAME records and destination point)
- Once you do the required CNAME confirmation soon, your email will be activated. You can start adding new users and proceed further
Otherwise, GSuite does not cost you the high amount and its always preferred over using Free Zoho mail.
If you have some queries, issues, or feedback, you can mention them in the comment box below.