The popular choice awards go to Twitter as it has created a niche place for itself in the hearts of its users. It is equally accepted by common man, students, celebrities, sportspersons, filmstar and politicians. This immensely admired portal has become the most happening thing in social media platform because of its eye-catching short tweets that are gaining prominence day by day.
If it is such a catch then why the need to block someone on Twitter is an apt question that can surely arise in your mind. You must have heard that a bad vegetable can spoil the broth and such is the case with Twitter. Easy accessibility, free usage and high popularity have also resulted in several undesirable presences that can cause emotional and mental harm to a user. In such cases, the best option is to block that person from your Twitter account for your well-being.
1) How to Block someone on Twitter using PC
Tired of self-promoting posts, unwanted tweets or undesirable personalities, then you must be on the look-out for ways to block someone on Twitter. Once you have taken the step to block someone on Twitter he cannot view your tweets, follow you, send direct messages and tag you in a photo and most importantly tweets from an account that has been blocked will not be seen in your timeline.
In this techno-savvy world convenience is the name of the game. Yes, mobile devices are no doubt handy and easy to use but people still use Web Version or Desktop app on their PC. If you are looking for ways to block someone on Twitter using PC you are in the right place.
- The first thing you should do is visit the Twitter website and log into your Twitter account.
- Find the search bar and click on it. You will find it on the right side of the upper corner.
- Type to enter the name of the account you wish to block from your site.
- When his profile appears just find the three vertical dots icon located on the right side of the profile page and click on it. It will be next to the option Follow/ Following.
- A drop down Menu will suddenly appear, select the option Block and click on it once again when asked to confirm.
- You have been successful in your efforts and have now blocked the person from your Twitter account in the PC.
2) How to Block someone on Twitter using an iPad or an iPhone
Sometimes it becomes necessary to use the option of Block on Twitter to restrict specific accounts from contacting and bothering you. Remember it is a two-way street. You cannot follow the account you have blocked and neither can he as it was the sole purpose of blocking him. A person who has been blocked does not get any notification about the step and he can know only about it when he visits your profile.
If you are looking for ways to block someone on Twitter using an iPhone or an iPad just follow the directions properly.
- The first step you need to do is open the app and look at the bottom of your screen to click on the magnifying glass icon.
- Type the person’s name you want to block and you will see his name appearing below.
- Select it from the list by clicking on it. Look at his profile page and you will see a row of icons on the left side of Follow / Following button.
- Click on the option Settings and you will perceive several options available to you.
- Tap on Block and once again on Block to confirm your intention.
- You have been successful in finding a way to block someone on Twitter using iPhone so that he does not disturb you any longer.
3) How to Block someone on Twitter using Android
Twitter is a means of connecting lots of people on a common platform by tweeting directly to someone. This high-profile medium can sometimes turn ugly when a person starts commenting in a manner that you are not comfortable with. This social networking site gives you the option of blocking someone if you so desire.
If you are looking for ways to block someone on Twitter you can do so with help of Android.
- The first step is to open the app and find the magnifying glass icon that you can see near the top-side of the page.
- Tap on it and next type the name of the account you wish to block.
- As soon as you start typing the name will appear and now select by clicking on it.
- In the profile page of the person, you wish to block you will find an icon in the upper corner of the right side as three vertical dots.
- Tap on it and select the option Block. Once again tap on Block to confirm your choice.
- You have been able to block someone on Twitter successfully by your efforts.
4) How to Block someone on Twitter from a tweet
If you are looking for ways to block someone on Twitter from a tweet find the account you wish to block and just click on the icon that is on top of the tweet. Now tap on Block and once again select Block to confirm your intentions. You have been successful in your endeavours to block someone from a tweet.
5) How to Block someone on Twitter from a profile
If you are looking for ways to block someone on Twitter from a profile you just need to follow some steps diligently. The first step is to find the account you want to block and go to his profile page. Find the option More and you can do so by locating the three vertical dots icon on his profile page. Click on it and now select the option of Block from the Menu. You have to click on Block once again to confirm that you are determined to block him/her from your account. You have been successful in blocking someone from a profile.