LinkedIn is a networking site for professional use. It can be easily operated via mobile apps and websites. It is a fruitful hunting ground for the employers as well as job seekers as the former posts the jobs and the latter their CVs. LinkedIn has become a haven for professionals with a huge following that includes more than two hundred and fifty million active users in approximate two hundred countries.
With popularity comes responsibility and the need to maintain a perfect balance. Sometimes we come across unwanted presence that can have a negative impact on others. It is imperative to remove them from your vicinity so that everyone can take a sigh of relief. To combat any case of harassment and stalking LinkedIn has come up with a new feature that allows users to block someone they consider harmful or dangerous.
Although the site did not previously have a block now it does because of a recent launch. Once you block a person in your LinkedIn account you as well as the other cannot view each other’s profile. Both of you can have no contact and the question of messaging each other does not arise as you cannot see each other’s messages.
LinkedIn does not have the responsibility of informing any user that it has been blocked. Once you have taken this step his name/number will appear on your blocked list. Remember you have the option of unblocking a person. It is just that you have to wait for forty-eight hours before doing it. LinkedIn gives you the option of blocking up to two hundred and fifty members on your LinkedIn account.
1) How to Block Someone on Linkedin using an iPhone
LinkedIn is a powerful tool for every professional as it serves as a research database. Like any other social media portal, it was created with the intention of connecting like-minded people. Every place has its drawbacks you just need to know the way to handle it. Sometimes you face people who are nothing but trouble and you cannot let the matter go. The best option that is available to you at this point in time is that you can block them so that they cannot cause you any harm.
If you are looking for ways to block someone on LinkedIn you can easily do so with help of your iPhone.
- The first step is to open the LinkedIn app. If you have not yet logged in you can do so by tapping on Sign in, then enter your email address and of course your password and tap once again. Sign in.
- If you have logged into your LinkedIn account then it will open your profile’s Home page.
- Look for the Search bar that is located at the top side of the page and tap on it.
- Now type the name of the person you wish to block from your view. Tap the name which has appeared as soon as you wrote it in the search bar.
- Now tap the “….” button at the top right side of the screen.
- Click on the Report/Block option that you can view in the Menu bar.
- Tap on Block [Name] located at the top of the pop-up window and click on Block.
- You are now confirming your choice and blocking the contact from your presence.
2) How to Block Someone on Linkedin using Android
LinkedIn is a well-liked and appreciated networking forum that has a huge presence in the world. Sometimes you encounter people that you wish would not have met. Like any other social site, it also has its share of scammers that want to cause you harm. You might be feeling the need to distance yourself from such undesirable individuals but are unaware of the method to do so. Let me remind you that LinkedIn is a responsive site that is well-prepared for such circumstances. You have the option to block them in order to cut your connection.
If you are looking for ways to block someone on LinkedIn you can do so by the help of Android.
- Either Sign in by writing your email address and password or simply log into your LinkedIn account. This will open the Home page of your LinkedIn profile.
- Look at the top side of the page and you will find the search bar.
- Click on it to open and type the name of the individual whom you wish to block. As soon as you type the name it will appear below the search bar.
- Now tap on the name of the person. You will see three vertical dots at the right corner side of your screen just tap on it.
- A menu will drop down and you need to tap on the Report/Block option which will be located in the middle of the Menu.
- Tap on the option Block [Name] located at the top of the pop-up window. Block option will appear just tap on it.
- You have been successful in your endeavour if you were looking to block someone in your LinkedIn account.
3) How to Block Someone on Linkedin using Desktop
Privacy is cherished by one and all but when you are linked with social sites like LinkedIn you have to compromise to a great deal. You have to open yourself to scrutiny because you have uploaded your profile for professional use. There is a viable difference between viewing a profile and stalking it for wrong purposes. If you come across such undesirable contacts then it becomes essential to take steps that will block them so that you can feel safe again.
If you are looking for ways to block someone on LinkedIn you can do so from your desktop.
- First, open your LinkedIn page. If you are not logged in automatically you will need to enter your user name, then password and then click on Sign in.
- If you have logged in opening your LinkedIn page will nudge you towards your Home page.
- Click on the search bar icon located at the top-left corner of the page.
- You need to type the name of the person you wish to block in the available space.
- As soon as you start writing his name will appear below the search bar, click on it.
- Now find three horizontal dots or “…” button located at the right of the profile picture of your selected user.
- You now need to click on the Report/Block option in the pop-up that appears.
- Click on the first available option and this is Block [Name]. Click once on Block to confirm your intentions.
If you have been looking for ways to block someone on LinkedIn you have now successfully done so.